Pages:
Author

Topic: Best online wallet - page 5. (Read 11142 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 01, 2016, 09:55:48 PM
best online wallet i think is coinbase in there free transaction fee
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 24, 2016, 07:44:37 PM
online wallet bitcoin the best of the best
good regulated free send another wallet
support debit card i think xapo the best is online wallet
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 24, 2016, 04:46:28 AM
iam use blockchain 3 year and until now still use blockchain
blockchain the best for me is online wallet
in there support export walletaddres and balance
suport import wallet addres and balance too
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 21, 2016, 01:49:14 PM
i used blockchain but now i'm using bitgo, very good online wallet! Wink

Blockchain has there for years now, which is why I only use their wallet. It's about usability of the wallet but also about getting your bitcoin safe.
Which is why i stick with them.
WIX
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
July 20, 2016, 01:18:30 AM
xapo is best bitcoin mobile wallet
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
July 15, 2016, 10:05:37 AM
Having the backup PDF stored safely is your "complete ownership" to your underlying coins, with the backup PDF you can always recover your bitcoins when neccesary, even when Blocktrail would be offline.
You can do this with our recovery tool (https://recovery.blocktrail.com/ source: https://github.com/blocktrail/wallet-recovery-tool), read more about it here: https://blog.blocktrail.com/2015/11/blocktrail-wallet-recovery-tool/
The recovery can also easily be ran locally.

The reason why exporting private keys doesn't make sense anymore with most modern wallets is because they are HD, the fact that exporting private keys is such a horrible backup solution is actually the whole reason why HD wallets were invented.
You now have 1 future-proof backup that doesn't need when you create new addresses (which for privacy reasons you should be doing for every transaction).

Another reason is that the Blocktrail wallet is a multisig HD wallet, so recovering your bitcoins using a different wallet isn't as simple as just importing private keys, the wallet which would import the privatekeys would need to have some extra code to understand how the multisig HD is structured and the same for other multisig HD wallets (because they're all slightly different).
A very detailed and comprehensive answer. Much appreciated... and answers my question "What am I not understanding properly about these HD wallets?" Wink

So, to clarify for my 9am brain suffering from a lack of caffeine... the Heuristically Determined, or HD, wallets... start with the single "seed" which will then generate 'random' bitcoin addresses in the same repeatable order each time?

So, I start with seed xyz... this would generate address1 = syj, address2 = vbc, address 3 = gds, address 4 = teg etc. Then my cat spills my coffee all over my laptop and it explodes... so I buy a new laptop, reinstall my HD wallet... enter seed "xyz" and it starts back at 'syj', then 'vbc' etc etc??

So rather than needing to store/backup a private key for every address I ever create... I just need that initial seed and I'm golden??

I can certainly see the benefits in that! Smiley

To put it simply, yes! Cheesy

Great that you learned something, we're going to draft a blog post about this soon. Smiley

Make sure to give us a try <3
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
July 14, 2016, 05:31:28 PM
Having the backup PDF stored safely is your "complete ownership" to your underlying coins, with the backup PDF you can always recover your bitcoins when neccesary, even when Blocktrail would be offline.
You can do this with our recovery tool (https://recovery.blocktrail.com/ source: https://github.com/blocktrail/wallet-recovery-tool), read more about it here: https://blog.blocktrail.com/2015/11/blocktrail-wallet-recovery-tool/

The reason why exporting private keys doesn't make sense anymore with most modern wallets is because they are HD, the fact that exporting private keys is such a horrible backup solution is actually the whole reason why HD wallets were invented.
You now have 1 future-proof backup that doesn't need when you create new addresses (which for privacy reasons you should be doing for every transaction).

Another reason is that the Blocktrail wallet is a multisig HD wallet, so recovering your bitcoins using a different wallet isn't as simple as just importing private keys, the wallet which would import the privatekeys would need to have some extra code to understand how the multisig HD is structured and the same for other multisig HD wallets (because they're all slightly different).
A very detailed and comprehensive answer. Much appreciated... and answers my question "What am I not understanding properly about these HD wallets?" Wink

So, to clarify for my 9am brain suffering from a lack of caffeine... the Heuristically Determined, or HD, wallets... start with the single "seed" which will then generate 'random' bitcoin addresses in the same repeatable order each time?

So, I start with seed xyz... this would generate address1 = syj, address2 = vbc, address 3 = gds, address 4 = teg etc. Then my cat spills my coffee all over my laptop and it explodes... so I buy a new laptop, reinstall my HD wallet... enter seed "xyz" and it starts back at 'syj', then 'vbc' etc etc??

So rather than needing to store/backup a private key for every address I ever create... I just need that initial seed and I'm golden??

I can certainly see the benefits in that! Smiley
Activity: 247
July 14, 2016, 01:45:16 PM
i used blockchain but now i'm using bitgo, very good online wallet! Wink
legendary
July 14, 2016, 07:54:14 AM
Hi...

The point of having the private keys is complete ownership of the underlying bitcoins. It also allows one to "move" to a different wallet/system with a minimum of fuss should various factors dictate that such a move was required.

Can I flip the question around and ask why you wouldn't/don't give access to the private keys?

HCP
legendary
July 14, 2016, 06:13:43 AM
Hi...

The point of having the private keys is complete ownership of the underlying bitcoins. It also allows one to "move" to a different wallet/system with a minimum of fuss should various factors dictate that such a move was required.

Can I flip the question around and ask why you wouldn't/don't give access to the private keys?
legendary
July 14, 2016, 04:44:47 AM
@neutraLTC,

Does blocktrail include access to the private keys? I have tried blockchain.info, but there new beta wallet does not currently provide the private keys... and there doesn't seem like a way to open an "old" account. I've also read that eventually everyone will be migrated to the new wallet anyway and I haven't seen any indication that they will be providing keys.

I still like the idea of easy access to online wallets, but would prefer the security of possessing the private keys for my wallet.

When using Blocktrail you get a nice PDF backup of your master seed.

What exactly do you want to achieve with having your private keys? We always want to hear a good case for private keys, let us know!

Thanks
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
July 13, 2016, 08:36:14 AM
i have only one bitcoin wallet im using and thats coins.ph but im thinking to make a blockchain wallet because i heard some rumors that coins.ph doesnt allow bitcoin gambling.
HCP
legendary
July 12, 2016, 06:43:15 PM
@neutraLTC,

Does blocktrail include access to the private keys? I have tried blockchain.info, but there new beta wallet does not currently provide the private keys... and there doesn't seem like a way to open an "old" account. I've also read that eventually everyone will be migrated to the new wallet anyway and I haven't seen any indication that they will be providing keys.

I still like the idea of easy access to online wallets, but would prefer the security of possessing the private keys for my wallet.
legendary
July 12, 2016, 08:21:03 AM
for me the best wallet has to be the one i have seen being built from scratch, www.blocktrail.com wallet. multi-sig, HD, 2fa... and more security features.
Activity: 420
July 09, 2016, 11:48:04 PM
The best online wallet stays the blockchain wallet, I do not like online wallets but if I have to choose between them I would go for the blockchain.
They are having 2fa security and that is just very nice and secure.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043
αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa
July 09, 2016, 06:06:43 PM
I know there are a lot of wallets available.
This is why I want to know your opinion what is the best online Bitcoin wallet, in level of security, protection of our Bitcoins and availability of support.

Online Wallets are crap, I think!
Usually you can not see your own Private key there...
I use "Bitcoin-Wallet for Android" and the "Bitcoin-Core" on my Desktop.  Wink
Activity: 462
July 09, 2016, 05:34:53 PM
Almost everyone is using the blockchain or had a wallet of the blockchain because it was simply just so good in my eyes.
It a good customer service and they are also legit and trusted indeed.

I think its the best and most trusted bitcoin wallet ( website) there is at the moment.

Its the most trusted wallet right now and it it always already was back in the days, it has a great name and is popular.
Another nice thing is that they are having a great website/ always online and you can secure them pretty good.(the wallet itself)
Activity: 364
July 07, 2016, 04:29:14 PM
Almost everyone is using the blockchain or had a wallet of the blockchain because it was simply just so good in my eyes.
It a good customer service and they are also legit and trusted indeed.

I think its the best and most trusted bitcoin wallet ( website) there is at the moment.
Activity: 338
July 07, 2016, 03:11:36 PM
The best online wallet is in my eyes still the blockchain wallet because its nice wallet and it has a good future.
Its trusted has a nice dashboard and is also fast( the website itself is fast).
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
July 07, 2016, 03:01:55 PM
The best online wallet avaliable is coinbase.com!
They are a free service, conditionally insure the currency stored there, DDOS protection and they cover the transaction fees.
They are also a fairly trusted site on this forum.

There are also oter online wallets such as yobit and blockchain.info but these, I feel, are less reliable!
most online wallets are protected from ddos's so that doesn't really matter the only thing that matters is which wallet can send and receive with faster confirmations that is number one priority to make sure transactions get through accordingly and instantaneously.

I can clarify that they have fast transaction speeeds of a few minutes usually!
They also cover the transaction fees, making it a better wallet to use!
They also have insurance on funds stored in their wallets (providing money i not lot through weak credentials)!
Pages:
Jump to: