Pages:
Author

Topic: Best way to explain bitcoin isnt "fake"? - page 4. (Read 2965 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
April 16, 2014, 08:45:34 PM
What is the best way to explain that bitcoin isnt "fake" or "imaginary" to one who is ignorant about bitcoin and very close-minded? Yes I know it is sort of "imaginary", but there has to be some argument for it.

Simple.  I open my blockchain app, send some BTC to my bitpay address, and then show the other person the text message I receive seconds later indicating the amount of USD credited to my bank account.  That usually grabs their attention.

Yes but that hasn't changed his stance. He still says its fictitious and that it was doomed from the start because it is not "real" and you cant hold it in your hand.

So then according to your friend that'll mean any money on his paypal account isn't real, credit won't be real, the internet isn't real... Tongue
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 16, 2014, 08:45:06 PM
What about showing them some major businesses/websites that accept payment in bitcoin? Like overstock.com is a good example...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 16, 2014, 08:44:38 PM
What is the best way to explain that bitcoin isnt "fake" or "imaginary" to one who is ignorant about bitcoin and very close-minded? Yes I know it is sort of "imaginary", but there has to be some argument for it.

Okay.
What is the best way to explain that bitcoin is "fake" or "imaginary"?

Apparently the only argument he has is that you cant hold it in your hand.
April 16, 2014, 08:43:29 PM

Simple.  I open my blockchain app, send some BTC to my bitpay address, and then show the other person the text message I receive seconds later indicating the amount of USD credited to my bank account.  That usually grabs their attention.

Yes but that hasn't changed his stance. He still says its fictitious and that it was doomed from the start because it is not "real" and you cant hold it in your hand.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2014, 08:43:04 PM

Okay.
What is the best way to explain that bitcoin is "fake" or "imaginary"?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 16, 2014, 08:42:04 PM
I will answer you with a question:  do you really understand bitcoins?  why do you value bitcoins?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
April 16, 2014, 08:41:03 PM

April 16, 2014, 08:36:14 PM
Pages:
Jump to: