Pages:
Author

Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ? - page 11. (Read 2581 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
June 30, 2018, 12:35:30 PM
Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
The easiest and best way to store your bitcoin is through putting it on a secure wallet so that you assure your bitcoin is safe and secure. In addition to that, just use trust wallet like blockchain so that there will no problem on storing your bitcoin. Lastly, just keep your private key and password in a safe place.
Activity: 384
Merit: 100
June 30, 2018, 12:26:04 PM
the best way to store bitcoin is to use bitcoin core wallet. I think it's very safe and keep private access in a safe place. And never tell anyone about it. So far I have never tried using it I prefer to use blockchain only. And that's pretty safe to me
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
June 30, 2018, 12:23:45 PM
The simplest key management method is to store them on files on your own local device: your computer, your phone, or other types of gadgets you carry, own or control. This is good for convenience: there is a smartphone app that can be pushed down with a few buttons, which is hard to beat.
Activity: 224
June 30, 2018, 12:19:25 PM
Well the best way would be to make it inaccessible on the web that is that to copy the address where it is stored, erase all trails leading to that data and store it in a external hard drive this is safe but the physical constraints of a hard drive mean that you could lose it all if anything happens to the hard drive.
Activity: 26
June 29, 2018, 08:07:54 PM
The best way to store bitcoins is to store them in a hardware purse or a paper purse. In addition, you also use the way of inquiring some people that you know and asking them about the wallet that they've used, as simply as that.
Activity: 45
June 29, 2018, 11:29:26 AM
Best way to store bitcoin safely is to have a wallet that will have passcode and your password must be hard to guess.
Activity: 84
June 29, 2018, 11:24:28 AM
i think the best option would be a hardware wallet. but do note that it is not free.
Activity: 70
June 26, 2018, 04:47:43 AM
The best way is to spend some money and buy a hardware wallet. If looking for free option then you can consider exodus, which is a desktop wallet, and free online wallet is blockchain.info and coinbase.
Activity: 76
June 26, 2018, 04:38:44 AM
I think the best way to store BTC is through cold storage,But you have to buy one and it may cost you some amount but its worth to spend some money for proper and better security of your funds.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 04:08:30 AM
Actually bitcoin has a strong security protocol system so if to lose bitcoin it is definitely the fault of the users. It looks like the safest way for users is to use a hardware wallet to store bitcoins. Also users must be careful with web phishing and use 2FA as a further security measure.
Activity: 98
June 26, 2018, 03:53:21 AM
Hi again
I just wanted to let you guys that have been recommending the hardware wallets,
I was going to buy the ledger nano s tonight until I read there is security issues with them, Ive just made a post here regarding the Ledger Nano S https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/warning-for-ledger-nano-s-users-buyers-3630923

I think it's better to store bitcoin by investing.more  safely if you do it maybe you will think more without hassle and you can think other thing's  without thinking more to your bitcoin only wait for the market to get high .
Activity: 134
June 26, 2018, 03:46:46 AM
From last few days, I am just purchasing bitcoin from different resellers and trying to store in my coinbase account even now I am planning to hold for a long time as I think this will be 15k very soon. 
Activity: 303
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
June 26, 2018, 03:27:17 AM
 I have heard also that hardware wallets are safe and secure, I'm going to buy myself one of those, but little bit later, so maybe I can share with you the advantages of it later.
Activity: 322
June 25, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
Hackers always are are just monitoring our wrong move, as of now to protect our money from frauds and hackers attacks by following these basic steps ,have very strong password,always check before making any transaction ,use the cold storage,double check all the crypto relates web sites you visit
Activity: 243
June 25, 2018, 10:02:26 AM
the best way to store bitcoin safely is in hard wallet.
hard wallet is the safest wallet because you dont need to write your private key to send your coins
Activity: 239
June 24, 2018, 08:16:05 AM
Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
I think the safest way to save your bitcoin is by using the bitcoin client in your personal computers. And the the main key to keep all your bitcoins safer is to keep them away from any suspicious hardware and keep away from the use of internet during transactions. With that I believe that your bitcoin will be safe in that computer for a very long period.
Activity: 78
June 24, 2018, 08:09:59 AM
if in my opinion to be able to safely store bitcoin one thinks I make long-term investments and also keep bitcoin safely be sure to bring a wallet that is not connected to the internet.
Activity: 320
Merit: 259
June 24, 2018, 04:33:35 AM
In my own opinion the best way to secure your bitcoin is to always back up your data, and make several wallets don't put your bitcoin in just one wallet for security purposes.

That's double edged option...

It does mean if you screw up with one wallet you still have the rest of your bitcoin in your other wallets.

On the other hand several wallets means several sets of security options to record and keep safe.
Activity: 98
June 24, 2018, 01:44:13 AM
In my own opinion the best way to secure your bitcoin is to always back up your data, and make several wallets don't put your bitcoin in just one wallet for security purposes.
Activity: 322
June 24, 2018, 01:17:36 AM
Hardware wallet is the safest. Make sure you wil ne storing tokens which are compatible with the wallet else, you'll lose them.
Pages:
Jump to: