Pages:
Author

Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ? - page 7. (Read 2579 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 07, 2018, 01:34:16 PM
I think it's cool to split multiple amounts into different accounts, but there you go.
Activity: 68
July 07, 2018, 01:28:40 PM
You can download wallet like Electrum which is pretty safe.
But if you own a lot and want to be safer, consider paper wallet or hardware wallet (like a flash drive or an ipod, etc.)
As long as you dont keep coins on the exchanges. Those are very dangerous and could be hacked at any time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 07, 2018, 01:28:03 PM
The basic steps I always take to keep bitcoins to safely is to always make sure the site address I visit is correct and not a fake site, in addition, I always use two-factor authentication across the Bitcoin wallet and email address, and Lastly, I use the password manager program.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
July 07, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Hardware is certainly the way to go
Activity: 688
Merit: 106
July 07, 2018, 01:26:20 PM
Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
Technically, you must save your password and private key in a safe place. Using hardware wallet is a good option because it is one the safe wallet and most the people who have a lot bitcoin they use it. In addition to that, do not ever forget your password and private key because those things are very important and you can't open your wallet without it.
Activity: 66
July 07, 2018, 01:12:36 PM
cold storage, paper wallet or ledger nano s good options .. nowadays many sites hacked so everyone needs to get a hardware wallet at least ...
Activity: 471
Merit: 100
July 07, 2018, 01:08:52 PM
Electrum is my personal recommended.I'm using a lot of months also still i keep 2.8 BTC.I believe more this is so pretty secure wallet.
Coinbase is another amazing & trustworthy wallet for store BTC.20+ Customers served & 32+ Countries supported i think it very famous wallet.
Activity: 140
July 07, 2018, 12:58:43 PM
The best way to safely store a bitcoin is to simply save it to your Bitcoin folder, where you can ensure that your Bitcoin is safe and secure, and not hacked. Also, keep in mind that your password is not private to any unreliable site or person.
Activity: 144
July 07, 2018, 12:30:26 PM
You basically want silent and secure storage You should first learn the advantages and disadvantages of each method. then learn how to use it in the safest way. You can store it in your PC and other hardware such as flashdisk, plus you will also save in the hidden email or other place the same thing.
Activity: 210
July 07, 2018, 12:26:47 PM
they have people who want to save their bitcoins into offline wallets because it's safer, but risky because your lost files will not open them. if you save in your wallet online, prone to hackers, you can not forget your password because even you forget that they forgot password to recover it.
Activity: 383
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
July 07, 2018, 12:19:27 PM
Personally I'm using a Nano Ledger. As far as I know it should be very safe. Just buy it from a trustful shop, perhaps from Ledger stpore itself, to avoid the risk that someone could have manipulated the Legder beforehand.
It is also one of the wallets that is trusted here in my country. My friend is using it right now, he told me that namo ledger is safer than other wallet.
Activity: 523
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/
July 07, 2018, 12:15:59 PM
The best way to store your bitcoin safely is by storing it on the wallet and never expose the key to some new website.
Always pay attention to the SSL certificate of the website when entering the wallet critical informations.
There are many phishing case attempt to hack our wallets. Just be very careful when using passwords or keys.
Activity: 674
July 07, 2018, 08:58:20 AM
For the safety of bitcoin just use a ledger and trezor this is proven and tested don't trust any wallet online there's a lot of issues the bitcoin will disappear from wallet it will hack by a hacker. 
Activity: 26
July 07, 2018, 08:26:43 AM
well I recommend you the Trezor I reassure that the security of this wallet is one of the best Bitcoin wallets.
Activity: 238
July 07, 2018, 08:19:29 AM
I think to store bitcoin safely, you should set up a wallet to store it. As far as I know, there are several types of secure bitcoins available today: the wallet is Ledger Nano s, Exodus wallet, my Ether Wallet, TREZOR wallet, Ethereum wallet on coinbase.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
July 07, 2018, 07:19:49 AM
Bitcoins but one thing that you must emphasize on is the security of your coins,this should always be given priority at all the time. we all have preferences when it comes to the choice of wallet we use. Web base wallets and Exodus. They store your crypto offline making it impossible for a stranger to access it.
Activity: 166
July 07, 2018, 07:09:58 AM
As far as I know Ledger nano hardware wallet is one of the most secure way to store your bitcoin right now, but I don't know what in the case if you have lost it Smiley
Activity: 154
July 06, 2018, 04:48:00 AM
To save the bitcoin safely you should put in the wallet that you find it safe and should not visit multiple times that the hacker will be hacked and you should keep your password and address more secure.
Activity: 9
July 06, 2018, 03:38:23 AM
you should choose the safe bitcoin at the first time by searching and studying it carefully
Activity: 854
July 06, 2018, 03:17:42 AM
Hardware wallets have made storage of of bitcoin less of a headache now. I keep my coins on a hardware wallet and walk around with it without any panic because no one can access it. I like the way hardware wallets operate and I will always endorse it as the best way of saving bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: