Pages:
Author

Topic: Best website to give out loans? Btcjam or ? - page 9. (Read 17075 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Hows the rate of scammed lenders if you do it in this forum vs in centralized sites like BTCJAm?

If you scam him , you get nothing but Negative trust feedback
If you scam on BTCJam , I'am pretty sure that they do take huge measures (not sure if jail is included) since they do take ID Verifications on the website otherwise you can't take loans as far as I know .

But can you be a lender without giving ID shit? It kinda defeats the point of bitcoin when you need to give your damn ID.

You can lend without ID yes. Only borrowers need to confirm it.
legendary
Hows the rate of scammed lenders if you do it in this forum vs in centralized sites like BTCJAm?

If you scam on BTCJam , I'am pretty sure that they do take huge measures (not sure if jail is included) since they do take ID Verifications on the website otherwise you can't take loans as far as I know .

Em no, a defaulted loan means everyone gets the ID. They can then choose to chase up the money IRL using the details via arbitration. BTCJam does nothing on behalf of the lenders beyond this.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
from my experience BTCJam is full of scammers. Still the best place to loan/get loans. Just keep both eyes open
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

But can you be a lender without giving ID shit? It kinda defeats the point of bitcoin when you need to give your damn ID.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
I have been considering entering BTCJam for an investment for a year or so now, afaik they are chinese... i just dont know if i can trust btc related businesses yet, so many people scamming and getting away with it because no one cares since thats a downside of not having big regulations.

Jam is Brazilian. Where did you get Chinese from? It is scam heavy though. I'd say sometimes 70% scams, 30% not.

What do u mean jam scam?
legendary
I have been considering entering BTCJam for an investment for a year or so now, afaik they are chinese... i just dont know if i can trust btc related businesses yet, so many people scamming and getting away with it because no one cares since thats a downside of not having big regulations.

Jam is Brazilian. Where did you get Chinese from? It is scam heavy though. I'd say sometimes 70% scams, 30% not.

70% scam?

Who is bigger risk of being scammed, the loaner or the guy that asks for the loan?

The lender.
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
I saw btcjam but i assume there must be more.

WHich website is best and most secure and which one do you guys use?

I want to enter one of them but suely i wont enter if loads of newbies post its great Wink

I want to hear some real voices + reasons of the choose

BTCjam is the most know as far as I know and also they have a thread here so if you have any issues or questions just post on their thread , I don't think there is other websites simillar , still you can take or give loans here on Bitcointalk forums => Section "Lending" Wink

~ Madness.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503

70% scam?

Who is bigger risk of being scammed, the loaner or the guy that asks for the loan?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I've used BTCJam and it has been working out so far for me. Just make sure the person you invest in is very trustworthy and has made payments before.
legendary

Is this true that 70% of the loans are scams? What about the countermeasures that the site is employing?

Well I'm not talking hard stats here. Just spend some time as an investor over there and you'll see there's a huge split between people who come in and are scammed easily and a small core community that invests mostly with each other or very trusted members.

Countermeasures are net-arbs. Which is basically useless.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

Is this true that 70% of the loans are scams? What about the countermeasures that the site is employing?
legendary

Activity: 686
Definitely support btcpop.co as a new alternative! I'll be slowly moving more funds there from jam to invest.

How much did you invest? And how was your experience there so far?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Definitely support btcpop.co as a new alternative! I'll be slowly moving more funds there from jam to invest.
legendary
Jam is risky. Try to follow the big lenders - see which names pop up a lot - and try to only fund people that survive proper questioning. Don't fund anything with a rate above 8% (MAX) and even then only if the borrower has a long history/plan.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
A lot of them issues are addressed on Pop.

Those who use Jam will recognize a lot of the big investors Smiley

The facebook group is here -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/394911060685164/
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I lost 5 BTC in BTCJam back in 2013...the support didn't really give a f*ck abou it...they don't care much if someone will scam you...So i would avoid the lending websites...mostly the users are paying back until they don't...so it is kind of ponzi schemers there

Its a game of numbers. They are not a ponzi, they are venture backed Sil Valley IT company trying to do something innovative that is expanding the btc ecosystem.
Sheesh whats with the haters here...

You have to realize the risks. When 100pple, fund with 1$ some1 from vietnam and they surprisingly disappear no1 is going to go after them probably. Same would be true for some Latin America nations...
Lost 5BTC? Their default rate is ~4%, did you bet on 1 loan only?
If VC firms invested like this they would all be broke.

Two main ideas:

Lend to pple in countries that have working infrastructure or with many recommendations
Lend very small amounts to many loans.

Pages:
Jump to: