Pages:
Author

Topic: Bet on Dr Craig Wright proving he is Satoshi or not! - page 3. (Read 2154 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Join Manny Pacquiao's VitalBet!
So if Dr Craig Wright doesn't sign a message from the Genesis Block until 31.05.2016 whoever has picked 'No' will win their bets? What if he doesn't do anything until that day will any bets be voided or what? What if he moves coins from the Satoshi Nakamoto stash?

I'd be willing to bet on No quite easily, but to me the bet is "Will Dr Craig Wright be able to fool vitalbet into believing he is Satoshi?"

If you only accept a publicly available genesis block signature.
But if you're going to be willing to accept anyone's word, or a signature of some random data (which could easily be just a copied signature from some other block signed by the address), it doesn't make sense to bet for it.

So could you please give more explicit details about how you're going to decide? Thanks.

If there is no reasonable proof or any activity further on the matter, we will consider the outcome as NO.

We will make decision which will be based upon the opinion of famous Bitcoin experts and with the help of the community. We will not force any decision based upon empty talks or not being approved by multiple sources.

Activity: 826
Merit: 523
I don't think he is Satoshi Nakamoto , I feel it is like a plaything to manipulate by price of Bitcoin like what happened when Mike Heren declare about Bitcoin fail.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Obviously he is not the creator of bitcoin. Even if he is, I don't think there will be any other dumb person than this.

If it's proven, many countries governments will be after him  Grin
Activity: 224
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
But in the video he claimed he signed message from the first wallet or transaction is this not true?

yes , but the sign message is from the oldest one , 1st time bitcoin builded there is a sign from the 1st address , i saw it on bitcoin discussion section . i forget which thread  Roll Eyes
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
But in the video he claimed he signed message from the first wallet or transaction is this not true?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
I think Craig is not the real satoshi as he hesitate so much and get nervous when other devs find out the trick he have used to use old signed message input to sign new message and fool gavin. Its looks like many of betters have bet on no as odds for yes is really high right now.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
For us the real proof would be the signature from the Genesis Block , which was used to send the first person to person transaction in the early days of Bitcoin.

Everyone is welcome to say and bet what he likes. We will be answering all your questions in the thread.

GOOD LUCK!

Thank you for confirming. 
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
So if Dr Craig Wright doesn't sign a message from the Genesis Block until 31.05.2016 whoever has picked 'No' will win their bets? What if he doesn't do anything until that day will any bets be voided or what? What if he moves coins from the Satoshi Nakamoto stash?

He wont sign genesis block imo and if he does move coins does that prove he is satoshi or that he now has control of satoshi coins.  Its messed up, andreas is right about all this in the long run.

exactly this.
he is not going to sign the genesis block or any block from that era if at all. he is just going to mess with us and i am sure that all the proofs that he will release in the future will be like this, all shady and nobody would believe this.

so although this is an interesting bet, anybody who takes it would have his funds stuck because this will be a very long story...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
I'd be willing to bet on No quite easily, but to me the bet is "Will Dr Craig Wright be able to fool vitalbet into believing he is Satoshi?"

If you only accept a publicly available genesis block signature.
But if you're going to be willing to accept anyone's word, or a signature of some random data (which could easily be just a copied signature from some other block signed by the address), it doesn't make sense to bet for it.

So could you please give more explicit details about how you're going to decide? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1050
I think that he is really satochi ..... satochi would never reveal himself
Activity: 224
There has been alot of people in the past that claimed that they were satoshi and all of them are fakes. This one is going down in the list of fake satoshi and the outcome should be "NO". This is such a free money and there is no reason for satoshi to show up himself now when he is the one that left us, so why now

that is true , it seems craig will not showing any valid proof until the end time of bitcoin era . haha

also 1 month is a long time tho  Lips sealed

i guess no
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
Lol really ? This is and will be an epic historical bet , lol , I am gonna bet now then , He wont prove that he is satoshi Nakamoto , well pretty good odds , I don't know about this bet . But because of this bet , I surely got attracted to your website . Great design and lots of tennis matches to bet . Great
legendary
Activity: 1568
Basically if Craig Wright is proved to not be Satoshi the only thing that says about him is that he has some real mental issues. Plus, you have to consider that there should've been a big investigation beforehand, both by police forces and journalist, this statement is clearly obligatory and suggested by lawyers or a deal he was forced to make.
Activity: 177

He wont sign genesis block imo and if he does move coins does that prove he is satoshi or that he now has control of satoshi coins.  Its messed up, andreas is right about all this in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
There has been alot of people in the past that claimed that they were satoshi and all of them are fakes. This one is going down in the list of fake satoshi and the outcome should be "NO". This is such a free money and there is no reason for satoshi to show up himself now when he is the one that left us, so why now
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
For us the real proof would be the signature from the Genesis Block , which was used to send the first person to person transaction in the early days of Bitcoin.

Everyone is welcome to say and bet what he likes. We will be answering all your questions in the thread.

GOOD LUCK!

I think those conditions are the right ones, that being said, that makes it even more unlikely that he actually is Satoshi, that would be a definite no for me Smiley
Activity: 177
I bet that he will not provide any valid proof that he is the real bitcoin founder, he is just another troll who like to be in the media.

Let's face it if he is the real deal he would allready posted here under his real nick Wink .

If that is the case then the site would have to return all bets i guess. We'd need 100% proof beyond doubt not just gavins word.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Join Manny Pacquiao's VitalBet!

GOOD LUCK!
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Or it's a trick to push and to try that the real satoshi will come and claim that dr craig is not the real deal Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: