Pages:
Author

Topic: [Beta] @mention notification bot open for testing - now with Telegram - page 19. (Read 37669 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1491
I forgot more than you will ever know.
@piggy

Thank you Smiley

FYI when I wrote to the bot, he detected my username had a space in it which it doesn't, maybe some logic issue in the code? Smiley

I'll also give 1 merit to your bot account so that it eventually becomes member Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
@piggy, this is amazing!

I am going to translate this to my local board for more awareness Smiley

If you have an issue with this please let me know, I will delete it immediately!

Thank you for your efforts

No problem go ahead Smiley

Remember to contact the bot by writing him a message to complete the binding.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1491
I forgot more than you will ever know.
@piggy, this is amazing!

I am going to translate this to my local board for more awareness Smiley

If you have an issue with this please let me know, I will delete it immediately!

Thank you for your efforts
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 4343
The hacker spirit breaks any spell
Yes you can unsubscribe, then subscribe with this in the message

Code:
telegram:yourTelegramUsername

if you have any problem let me know

My suggestion about telegram notification is really a good advice
And thankyou too for realize it
Yes you can unsubscribe, then subscribe with this in the message

Code:
telegram:yourTelegramUsername

if you have any problem let me know

Activity: 854
Merit: 398
Telegram notifications work perfect, well done mate

In my opinion, telegram notification is the killer feature of this service

i think that too, i have set telegram for myself for a while now and seems a smoother experience. Anyway, there is a choice and anybody can use what prefers.  Smiley

Hi,  I really like the telegram feature and I would prefer to get telegram notifications only. Can I unsubscribe from the thread notifications and delete it and get them only via telegram or it is a must to have a thread?  If it is possible, should I send PM to Maggiordomo with the subject unsubscribe and the link to the tread in the text or I need to do anything else?

i think that too, i have set telegram for myself for a while now and seems a smoother experience. Anyway, there is a choice and anybody can use what prefers.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 4343
The hacker spirit breaks any spell
I just put everything on a VPS so the notifications will be active 24/7 from now on (unless some problem occurs)

If anybody want to try and sing up, you are welcome. Instructions in the first post Smiley

i'll look into it and see if i can make any sense out of it, must have been caused by the latest changes  Grin

Note> I received notification for my own post, I remember that there were some discussions sometime ago about this but don't remember the final conclusion, that's why I mentioned it here for info.

The notification will happen (as you saw) if you type your username in the message, while will not happen if you quote one of your messages. 
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Now it's OK, the weird thing is that I got 3 notifications for the same (your) post,
The first was with OK formatting the other two were a bit off.
https://imgur.com/adX8Xgg

Note> I received notification for my own post, I remember that there were some discussions sometime ago about this but don't remember the final conclusion, that's why I mentioned it here for info.
Forgot some extra code/tags in the end.  Smiley
Otherwise that is the message which will appear in case there are a certain number of consecutive errors, while trying to send/post a notifications.
In this case the server was returning (while trying to post ) 503 (Service Temporarily Unavailable) which may be due to the internet connection of the VPS i guess.
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Great news Smiley

Just a small note:
The formatting of the notification messages is a bit wrong.

iasenko, you have been mentioned in the following messages:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47215736 ( light version notification as some problem occured sending the full version )[/li]
    [/list]
    I just put everything on a VPS so the notifications will be active 24/7 from now on (unless some problem occurs)

If anybody want to try and sing up, you are welcome. Instructions in the first post Smiley

@Micio @Makkara @LoyceV @iasenko @coinlocket$ @PolyPanto @DdmrDdmr @Initscri @Piggy @babo @sapta @actmyname

I made some small fixes and changes. For anybody who want to register now and want to use a thread to receive the notifications, it's going to enforce the thread is under Archival. All those who were registered before can still use the original thread they created but, would be better to move it under Archival.

I'll be leaving the bot up, possibly through the night as well, however you can just check the first post to make sure of the status.
    If we keep our threads clean it won't be problem, the best solution is to receive a PM for every quote, but Piggy should request the bot to be whitelisted to remove the PM restriction. So there will be more privacy, now everyone can put my thread in the watchlist and see when somebody quotes me, not that I really care about it but...

I'm fairly sure the white listing is not going to happen if i ask for it now, maybe later on if there will be more people signing up. Probably is better to wait when the bot is going to run 24/7.

For the moment to keep the notification less explicit (but not private) the only option is to use telegram.
    legendary
    ₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
    So there will be more privacy, now everyone can put my thread in the watchlist and see when somebody quotes me, not that I really care about it but...
    Functionality is still there if someone wants to check up on your mentions (for whatever reason) if they simply search your name in the built-in search function. This is what I've been doing to check my mentions (until I found this thread).

Yeah but this takes more time and effort and it's not so effective as receiving notifications every time you been quoted. As I said before I don't really care about this issue but some can take it more serious.
    copper member
    Activity: 2562
    Merit: 2510
    Spear the bees
    So there will be more privacy, now everyone can put my thread in the watchlist and see when somebody quotes me, not that I really care about it but...
    Functionality is still there if someone wants to check up on your mentions (for whatever reason) if they simply search your name in the built-in search function. This is what I've been doing to check my mentions (until I found this thread).
    legendary
    ₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
    If we keep our threads clean it won't be problem, the best solution is to receive a PM for every quote, but Piggy should request the bot to be whitelisted to remove the PM restriction. So there will be more privacy, now everyone can put my thread in the watchlist and see when somebody quotes me, not that I really care about it but...

Yes i just updated the starting thread, suggesting to create the thread in Archival and i will enforce it in the code as well these days.
    Activity: 1659
    Merit: 687
    LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
    I would recommend users to create threads in Archival since the board is mainly used as a dumping ground for obsolete threads anyway.

This avoids the possibility of cluttering up Off-topic (which can potentially house non-spam threads) or any other non-primary board.
    Testing @LoyceV
    Pages:
    Jump to: