Pages:
Author

Topic: [BETA] New Project WorkingForBitcoins.com! Come help test it out! - page 4. (Read 7819 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
You may have to "invest" in some marketing to boost awareness

or consider a signature campaign or bounty campaign by users here
and elsewhere  to draw attention to the fact that you have a cool project.

anyway I'll be following the thread  Wink

That would be better since if doesn't do anything to promote his site here well im so sure that this site will go down since it will be unnoticed by many of us here. Aswell us he should add social media campaigns so that he can create awareness on those people who select to stay on certain social media sites.

Those advertising strategies mentioned are both helpfull and proven working on other business man who wants to create traffics on their websites so its up to the OP if he would implement that.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
You may have to "invest" in some marketing to boost awareness

or consider a signature campaign or bounty campaign by users here
and elsewhere  to draw attention to the fact that you have a cool project.

anyway I'll be following the thread  Wink
Activity: 595
Merit: 503
workingForBitcoins.com
The challenge of gaining traction with users is always difficult.

Here is what I know, as I continue to work on this project, I will try to shape and model it to meet the needs of the users who would uses such services. I hope to do this by continuously reaching out the to community and hoping the community reaches back to me and helps me with the progress.
workingForBitcoins.com
It does sound like a good idea it just seems that there are alot of these ideas in the workings and it makes me think maybe to much competition.

Lets say you had a job and wanted to posted it, and find a freelancer. What could my site offer/do that would encourage you to use it?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
It does sound like a good idea it just seems that there are alot of these ideas in the workings and it makes me think maybe to much competition.
workingForBitcoins.com
Version 0.0.7 Update

I cannot select the length of time I want the job offer to run for

I updated the site to allow you to have this option. Ranging between 3 to 31 days.

I cannot update my job listing because the BTC address is invalid [which is good!!]

This was a bug, I was not correctly per-filling the input value. This has been now fixed.

so maybe make the dialog not canceable by clicking outside of it. could be frustrating for people if they put in all there credentials/information and then delete the whole post by clicking outside of the dialog.

Updated the code, you will now have to confirm before the pop up closes.

Have a look at this page : https://www.workingforbitcoins.com/terms .With my latest chrome browser,half the content is hidden under the site navigation menu.

Updated to fix this issue.

You're using php + ubuntu server,severing at the port 443 ? Such information should be hidden from the back-links.

Updated to hide this info

OTHER Feedback

First of all please add clickable link to your website on the OP sometimes people too lazy to type or copy paste, just saying.

Great suggestion! I went ahead and updated the OP to make them clickable links.

that i don't like the template to be honest please use a modern template

I agree 100%, this is currently in the works, I will keep you guys posted.

The first thing that hit me after landing on the page is that
there is no "front page" a visitor goes straight into the business page

Great feedback! This is something I am working on with the updating of the  design I am working on.

------------

Friends, thank you SO MUCH! Please continue providing me with feedback, suggestions and/or bugs you discover. I respect anything you tell me, and I DO listen, and do my best to make sure moving forward, I am in line with what people want!

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Quack.
hi,

love the idea to have something like this.

i tested it. only thing i came across: (not a bug just something i would change)

i typed some wrong information in the "create" tab (errors were shown correctly)
then i wanted to delete my wrong btc address but accidentally clicked outside of the dialog so the dialog closed. this happened two times until i noticed that it was my own mistake^^

so maybe make the dialog not canceable by clicking outside of it. could be frustrating for people if they put in all there credentials/information and then delete the whole post by clicking outside of the dialog.

but great for so far. good luck and all the best for your project ;-)

Thanks for testing out the site! Great feedback, I'll add an alert that will pop up to confirm you want to leave. What do you think?

no problem!

sure, sounds great :-)

edit: what i cam across (dont know if someone already mentioned it)
new lines do not work in the bid-dialogue comment section? (using latest chrome)
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
First of all please add clickable link to your website on the OP sometimes people too lazy to type or copy paste, just saying.
After visited your site, the site is working fine on me i'm using chrome btw well is it just me or... that i don't like the template to be honest please use a modern template like fiverr.com this is just my suggestion because if you want to attract more customers or visitors to your website, you’ll need a cool design web. As "User Experience Design" i think you need to add chatbox or pm so we can get in touch with the op or client, and also social sharing it really helps your site to get more visitors, that's all my opinion no offense or something good luck for you.
legendary
Did a few tests as requested.

Login was easy, no fuss but I didnt as yet get a confirmation/activation e-mail.

I created a job but I could only choose from pre-defined skills
which I find very annoying, I know its only a test but its like
Behance, what if I have a skill you have not though of?

I cannot select the length of time I want the job offer to run for

I bid on an existing job without any issues.

I cannot update my job listing because the BTC address is invalid [which is good!!]
workingForBitcoins.com
How about posting some gigs for your own project on the site so that we can try some work or two. I believe that would be a kickstarter.

We are on the same boat, great idea. As soon I iron out my the bugs and bring it up to par with a beta product, I'll make sure to post the first job!
workingForBitcoins.com
hi,

i tested it. only thing i came across: (not a bug just something i would change)

i typed some wrong information in the "create" tab (errors were shown correctly)
then i wanted to delete my wrong btc address but accidentally clicked outside of the dialog so the dialog closed. this happened two times until i noticed that it was my own mistake^^

Thanks for testing out the site! Great feedback, I'll add an alert that will pop up to confirm you want to leave. What do you think?
Activity: 11
How about posting some gigs for your own project on the site so that we can try some work or two. I believe that would be a kickstarter.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Quack.
hi,

workingForBitcoins.com
Hi guys!

Thanks for all the feedback, I will address each one soon.
I been busy working on the project. Version 0.0.6 is live.

Can you guys please help me test out the site? Being the developer I am not the best test, and I could really appreciate if some of you could take 5mins to help me by taking the following steps:

Create account
post new job
place a bid
update job
update bid
log out log in
update email/password

I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much.

legendary
This is a good idea, well done for implementing so far.

I have experience in designing websites on Wordpress
and while I wouldnt be too technicall with coding etc.
I would be strong on the visual aspects.

The first thing that hit me after landing on the page is that
there is no "front page" a visitor goes straight into the business page

there needs to be some sort of welcome page.
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
Yes it is of course a great idea but how many of these exist already? Or have ceased operations because they never got off of the ground? If you a super passionate about it and dont mind not making a profit for a while you could dominate the space. That said, it takes a lot of money to make it work.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
Here are my 10 minute analysis after visiting the website.You do know you have a good competition out there,right?

->The website's css man.You need to hire an experienced front-end developer.Use a modern responsive framework.Your custom css makes it look like 1990's.
->Have a look at this page : https://www.workingforbitcoins.com/terms .With my latest chrome browser,half the content is hidden under the site navigation menu.
->You're using php + ubuntu server,severing at the port 443 ? Such information should be hidden from the back-links.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
That's a great concept !
I am sure that this would be used by many freelancers that only accept bitcoins as payment method. After fiverr withdrawing form bitcoins , this project would have increased potential in the bitcoin world.
Once I also wanted to offer my services in my part time, but got no platform that accepts bitcoins then.
I think the site lags some graphics, like services pictures,etc to make it more visually appealing.
Activity: 378
Good idea. Bad thing is that freelance global market is already occupied. This kind of stuff is really interesting for blockchain developers etc., maybe you should think about this kind of marketplace.
Also, you definitely need https protocol:)
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Wow this is a great and amazing idea. I have been wondering why there is no such site for the many months...akin to Fiverr and accepting Bitcoin as the method of payment (MOP). I am sure that if you guys manage it well, it would capture a good slice of the market as we are already in the Bitcoin revolution on a global scale.

I am wishing you all goodluck! Soon I will be on that site too. Smiley
What kind of market are you talking about? Look at other similar sites and they're not all that active to be honest.

I must say that your site does look very good and I hope that you can make this work. But I really wonder if there is a market for another Bitcoin-exclusive job/gig marketplace.
Pages:
Jump to: