Pages:
Author

Topic: [Beta][Seedbox] Free "cloud" seedbox - page 2. (Read 7449 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
April 24, 2015, 04:16:02 PM
Why you don't get a server in another country?
Because they are expensive.
There is no country in UE that will be safe of it, USA maybe is the worst place.
Other place, the peering is bad and/or bandwidth expensive and/or servers expensive.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 24, 2015, 04:11:25 PM
Why you don't get a server in another country?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
April 24, 2015, 03:23:09 PM
ah ... damn it  Roll Eyes
April 24, 2015, 03:06:42 AM
Hello guys,
bad news here, we got alot of email about copyright infragment these last days.
These letters plus a strange attack that cause our log very huge is too much for us.
We did not want that our users got problems, because all of you agree the ToS and the ToS said you were responsible.
All these copyrights infragments were could lead to problems for users, so we decided to close the website with my friend, nobody will have problem.

We are sorry and we are very sad about that, I loved code this website and see it grow in only one week we was near 1k of users without any press article.

I expect nobody will be angry against us, I am still open for question.

R.I.P. Bananas Sad

Really sorry to hear things went south Sad

But it's better not to take unnecessary risks in this regard, and we appreciate that Smiley

It was fun to be a part of the experience, and you have shown us that you are capable of providing a good service. Wish you the best of luck with future projects!
It's cool to hear that Smiley
We are actually searching a new project, maybe some DIY Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
April 24, 2015, 02:19:46 AM
Hello guys,
These letters plus a strange attack that cause our log very huge is too much for us.
We did not want that our users got problems, because all of you agree the ToS and the ToS said you were responsible.
All these copyrights infragments were could lead to problems for users, so we decided to close the website with my friend, nobody will have problem.

We are sorry and we are very sad about that, I loved code this website and see it grow in only one week we was near 1k of users without any press article.

R.I.P. Bananas Sad

Really sorry to hear things went south Sad

But it's better not to take unnecessary risks in this regard, and we appreciate that Smiley

It was fun to be a part of the experience, and you have shown us that you are capable of providing a good service. Wish you the best of luck with future projects!
April 23, 2015, 01:48:54 PM
Well, it was to be expected. People always end up abusing these kinds of services. If your ISP is demanding concerning what kinds of torrents go through your network, you should have added some kind of torrent filter... Smiley And you can reopen with such filter. I would still use the service because it's always nice to have a lot of seeds in my favorite Linux distros... Smiley
We think blocking is bad for torrenting world, filters is not what we want.
And it would be not very viable.

I understand Smiley No chance to run the site how you want it/how it is with your current ISP then Sad
It's hard yeah Sad
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
April 23, 2015, 01:39:55 PM
Well, it was to be expected. People always end up abusing these kinds of services. If your ISP is demanding concerning what kinds of torrents go through your network, you should have added some kind of torrent filter... Smiley And you can reopen with such filter. I would still use the service because it's always nice to have a lot of seeds in my favorite Linux distros... Smiley

I understand Smiley No chance to run the site how you want it/how it is with your current ISP then Sad
April 23, 2015, 01:36:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear that MonkeyCoin11  Sad
You did a fine job with the website, it's a shame it came to that.
Maybe you should try a different approach and code something nice with the crypto projects like StorJ \ Maidsafe \ Ethereum what do you think ? Have you heard about them ?
These crypto projects looks great, but they are actually not very use, not like torrent so I do not know if it is viable.
But i already tried to build one cloud encrypted for fun, but ISP for "home" are giving a too slow connection speed for a cloud i think.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
April 23, 2015, 01:29:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that MonkeyCoin11  Sad
You did a fine job with the website, it's a shame it came to that.
Maybe you should try a different approach and code something nice with the crypto projects like StorJ \ Maidsafe \ Ethereum what do you think ? Have you heard about them ?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
April 23, 2015, 12:57:09 PM
April 23, 2015, 12:02:46 PM
Hello guys,

R.I.P. Bananas Sad
legendary
April 23, 2015, 06:43:18 AM
Looks like the site has been pulled offline, hope the issues get sorted soon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
April 23, 2015, 02:53:18 AM
You have a problem with the SSL cert ..  Sad
legendary
April 23, 2015, 01:54:00 AM
Fixed.
It's again this log file... I do not understand it at all.
Anyway, I added a cron job to delete this file every minute.

Wish I knew more about that to help you fix it Sad

Just tried it, still not logging in unfortunately Smiley
April 23, 2015, 01:47:13 AM
Logging in also returns me to the login screen, will clear some cache & see if that fixes it.... Smiley

EDIT: nope Smiley
Fixed.
It's again this log file... I do not understand it at all.
Anyway, I added a cron job to delete this file every minute.
legendary
April 23, 2015, 01:28:54 AM
Logging in also returns me to the login screen, will clear some cache & see if that fixes it.... Smiley

EDIT: nope Smiley
April 22, 2015, 10:37:51 AM
After the maintenance the ratio of the torrents was lost / reset to 0.
May worth a look for when you're going professional / payed  Wink
Every torrents clients are working like that, if you remove a torrent and, after, add it again the ratio will be 0, but it does not mean that the previous ratio is lost Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 22, 2015, 07:13:15 AM
After the maintenance the ratio of the torrents was lost / reset to 0.
May worth a look for when you're going professional / payed  Wink
April 22, 2015, 06:59:32 AM
I'm unable to login, is there a problem ?
Yes we got a problem, I will put explaination at the end of the message.
Now all is ok do not worry.

Looking interesting.

I Signedup , but after I login its going back to login page again.
Hello,
if you can't log in now, you can resigned up we had a problem to insert new values in database.

No cached version of this page is available.
Yes we performed a maintenance due to some problem

Here is some explainations of why log in did not work:
One of our partition was full, it was the partition with MySQL database and apache2 logs.
When the partition is full MySQL do not accept any query, so you could not log in.
I putted website in maintance to find the reason of this full partition which was not normal at all.

I finally found the reason, the apache2 logs was huge, too huge to be normal at all.
apache2 logs had got 955G of weight, after 8 days of service it is fairly impossible, we are looking at the reason of that. I think it could be a kind of DDoS attack. (which is a bit hard to believe because we have some protection for it)
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
April 22, 2015, 06:41:44 AM

No cached version of this page is available.
Pages:
Jump to: