Pages:
Author

Topic: Bets of Bitcoin - Bitcoin betting on real world events - page 2. (Read 62124 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I recently won a bet there and successfully withdrew ~0.6 BTC.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Seriously, nobody gives a shit about their coins stuck there? Or am I alone to not be able to even log in?
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
My account is hahahafr, it's not recognized ("login or password invalid") since I've won around 1.4 BTC, any thought?
Activity: 449
Merit: 250
Finally had my bet resolved, but now I can't access my profile to withdraw.

Your request can not be completed at this time. We are working hard to fix it.
Please, try again later.
Your Bitcoins and data are safe and backed up regularly.

Sad

Keep trying -- the last 2 times that I withdrew, it gave me that same error right when I clicked "withdraw" but the coins showed up anyways.

If you're getting the error elsewhere, log out, then sign back in. Immediately go to the withdraw section and avoid unnecessary clicking around.
Activity: 292
Finally had my bet resolved, but now I can't access my profile to withdraw.

Your request can not be completed at this time. We are working hard to fix it.
Please, try again later.
Your Bitcoins and data are safe and backed up regularly.

Sad
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
The most recent new statement added was Nov 28 though, so it does not appear that new statements are getting added to the site.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Though I know I for one will not be betting anymore on anything with a deadline several months into the future.

My mantra since day one Grin
lots of bets getting resolved; able to withdraw bits without issues

Yep -- 12 hours ago, there were 5 pages of bets waiting to be resolved. Now they are down to 4 pages.

I've taken over BTC3 off of the site in the past few days once they started resolving bets, so it appears the admins are still alive and solvent, which is good news.

One thing...for both of my recent withdrawals, the site returned an error page, saying my request did not complete when I tried to withdraw. Despite this, the withdrawal went through about 5 minutes later anyways.

So for those that still have money on the site...relax...it looks like everything will be OK.

Though I know I for one will not be betting anymore on anything with a deadline several months into the future.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
lots of bets getting resolved; able to withdraw bits without issues
Activity: 1036
VALVe will release Half-Life 2 Episode 3 by the end of 2013
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=369

I think that it can be a good idea to open many new statements about pc gaming. ( and spam them around )
This because it's easy to open flames/discussions about these topics, so it will give a lot of advertising about Bitcoin.
More over, every pc-player has for sure a good GPU Wink

I bet on this, its been almost a week and I'd like to get paid, I dont think there is a lot of detective work to do here!  Undecided
Looks like someone is still active - I just got mails on some bets that I won :-)

Onkel Paul

I logged in and one of the two bets I had been waiting on was resolved. Unfortunately, the web site threw errors when I tried to change my withdrawal address, and also when I actually tried to withdraw.

I will wait a few hours and try again, I guess.

The number of statements that were closed, but awaiting resolution went from 7 pages down to 5 pages, so the admins apparently resolved a few dozen before getting bored, I guess.

Edit: Even though the site threw an error when I tried to withdraw, the coins just hit my wallet, so the withdrawal went through anyways, apparently. The didn't pay a transaction fee, though.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1039
Merit: 1005
Looks like someone is still active - I just got mails on some bets that I won :-)

Onkel Paul
Activity: 42
Merit: 1000
VolanicEruptor == coinjedi

His FUD is good for terminating confidence in this service.
coinjedi perhaps tired from all hassles with
bets' resolving
I had one or two bets that were due 1st of December, and which were resolved a little later (a week or so).

Yeah. I looked up the last bets that were resolved and they were in early December. The bitcoin price was even higher then, so if they didn't rip everyone off when BTC was $1200, I'm hoping they wouldn't do it @ $800, either. So that gives me some hope.

Overall it seems like the site operators don't put much effort into it anymore, which is pretty sad.
Hopefully they will increase their activity - there's a lot of money to be made :-)

The best thing they could do would probably sell the site to someone that would want to run it, but you'll always have that counterparty risk thing going on.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1039
Merit: 1005
I had one or two bets that were due 1st of December, and which were resolved a little later (a week or so).
Overall it seems like the site operators don't put much effort into it anymore, which is pretty sad.
Hopefully they will increase their activity - there's a lot of money to be made :-)

Onkel Paul
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
I hope I wasn't right the first time I had doubts, and this wasn't a long con:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.910576
There are 7 pages of bets that are waiting for a "judge" to resolve the bets: http://betsofbitco.in/list?status=waiting&category=All&sorting=-totalBets&page=1

There's a hell of a lot of money tied up in these bets. Anyone know how to get a hold of the admins?

expecting the worst and treating the situation like I'm never getting it back like CoinLenders

There's over 400 BTC in those pending bets alone; this guy's probably looking at over $1 million USD with the rest of the locked bets;

Ask yourself; what would the average person do; continue service or run away with BTC?
VolanicEruptor == coinjedi

How do you know this?
There are 7 pages of bets that are waiting for a "judge" to resolve the bets: http://betsofbitco.in/list?status=waiting&category=All&sorting=-totalBets&page=1

There's a hell of a lot of money tied up in these bets. Anyone know how to get a hold of the admins?
Time to REFUND ALL BETS?!
Pages:
Jump to: