Pages:
Author

Topic: Bets of Bitcoin - Bitcoin betting on real world events - page 8. (Read 62124 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Won my first two bets, I love this site  Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
How long does it take events past the event date to be decided and money distributed?

He does them manually so it usually takes a couple days.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
How long does it take events past the event date to be decided and money distributed?
Activity: 294
Merit: 262
I have been looking for info on betsofbitcoins, but didnt find it.Can someone explain me how much return I would get for 10btc on the current Mtgox 110$ bet? I dont get it. 6.5 say yes, 1.7 say no - so, I will get like 0.2x?

You can check the "How are the losing bets distributed?" question on our help page for an example.

Yea, I read that, I found it very confusing. Maybe I am too dumb for that.
Activity: 184
I have been looking for info on betsofbitcoins, but didnt find it.Can someone explain me how much return I would get for 10btc on the current Mtgox 110$ bet? I dont get it. 6.5 say yes, 1.7 say no - so, I will get like 0.2x?

You can check the "How are the losing bets distributed?" question on our help page for an example.
Activity: 294
Merit: 262
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
"Pope Benedict XVI will die by the end of September 2013"
This can't be refused Grin

We do not accept bets on the death of individuals.
Fair enough, but you should state those rules somewhere...
But the bet against Chavez was accepted Wink
For Ass.Market creation the ability to bet,
like this : "This person will be no longer ruler of the Far-Far-Away after the rain this Tuesday" might be enough.

Which statement are you referring to:
http://betsofbitco.in/closed_search?q=chavez

We do not accept bets on the death of individuals.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Hello,

I submitted a few bets, and it says that they are waiting approval. They have been waiting for approval for a while now. How long does it usually take?

Thanks

They are usually moderated within 24 hours. This weekend we were slow but everything is moderated by now. Thanks for your patience.
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Hello,

I submitted a few bets, and it says that they are waiting approval. They have been waiting for approval for a while now. How long does it usually take?

Thanks
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
The bet "Oz the Great and Powerful (2013) will gross at least $125 million in the US by April 8th, 2013." is true, according to data from BoxOfficeMojo.com on 3/18/2013:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $144,056,326      51.3%
+ Foreign:    $136,800,000      48.7%
= Worldwide: $280,856,326
Just initiated a withdrawal, and it was broadcast with no fee! I might have to wait a long time before some generous miner includes the transaction.

Please consider at least allowing me to add a fee from my account for quick processing.

Thanks!

As a user I always like to have options too.

In this particular case we follow the fee suggestions of the Satoshi client. Fee is not the only factor for miners. Large transactions and old bitcoins in the account have priority as well. Client suggests a fee if the priority is low and it is automatically deducted from your account. So far we didn't have any issues with stuck transactions. Let us know if you think the transactions take too long.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
Just initiated a withdrawal, and it was broadcast with no fee! I might have to wait a long time before some generous miner includes the transaction.

Please consider at least allowing me to add a fee from my account for quick processing.

Thanks!
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Our service provider is having intermittent technical problems for the last few days. We are doing our best for uninterrupted service. Everything looks fine at the moment but let us know if you have any connection issues.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
Server is down for maintenance. We'll be back in a couple of hours.
- https://twitter.com/betsofbitcoin/status/306469085988921344

Well, it's been more than a couple of hours. As food for thought, here is a bet to consider:

Prediction: Bets of Bitcoin won't be back online.

Rationale: Whenever a sufficiently anonymous service is entrusted with bitcoin without sufficient collateral,
and the amount thus entrusted is large in comparison to the profitability of the service,
that service will seize to exist when the ratio of coins coming in to the coins going out turns negative.

Deadline: January 1, 2014.

It's a risk.  But coinjedi has always been very professional in my experience.  I think the number/value of bitcoins being bet is also increasing, so his profits should be going up too.  I am hopeful he is going for a long-term business-model with steady (growing) income instead of becoming another quick buck scammer.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Server is down for maintenance. We'll be back in a couple of hours.
- https://twitter.com/betsofbitcoin/status/306469085988921344

Well, it's been more than a couple of hours. As food for thought, here is a bet to consider:

Prediction: Bets of Bitcoin won't be back online.

Rationale: Whenever a sufficiently anonymous service is entrusted with bitcoin without sufficient collateral,
and the amount thus entrusted is large in comparison to the profitability of the service,
that service will seize to exist when the ratio of coins coming in to the coins going out turns negative.

Deadline: January 1, 2014.
Pages:
Jump to: