Pages:
Author

Topic: Better invest in BTC or LTC - page 3. (Read 1879 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
August 16, 2017, 03:19:29 PM
My thought is that BTC is a far better investment. I don't think LTC has a lot of upside from where it is, and with the new BTC forks it's only better than before.

Interesting that the current situation with either Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash make each chain more similar to litecoin. Bitcoin Cash by increasing it's blocksize has found a way to have a larger transactional capacity that matches LTC. Meanwhile with Bitcoin adopting segwit it will enjoy the capability of the Lightning Network, MAST and it enhances the ability of Smart Contracts on side chains just like Litecoin. I agree that by following litecoin both forks are better than before.

Some Bitcoiners like to call litecoin their testnet; but, it's just a dismissive way to acknowledge litecoins leadership. Hopefully, litecoin can continue to lead BTC in the right direction and keep both coins relevant.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
August 16, 2017, 03:05:00 PM
70% bitcoin, 30% LTC. BTC is interesting for institutional investors and has an infrastructure, but became more volatile. LTC now has stability price
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 16, 2017, 03:01:21 PM
I would still go for bitcoin even at current price. It is still good with a little bit below 4K as support and 4.3K as resistance. I play along those prices and earn some profit. But that is just me. LTC is also a good coin. If you want to go long term, invest in both. I do not think you will lose on any of them, long term.
Activity: 361
Merit: 252
August 16, 2017, 02:54:16 PM
A few weeks ago I would have clearly said Bitcoin. Just because of the split and the free BCC / BCH coins through the fork. After the bitcoin price has increased so strongly over the last two weeks, I would invest in both. 60% in LTC and 40% in Bitcoin. I'm expecting a correction at Bitcoin. Then Altcoins should benefit and rise. So you can balance or reduce your losses.

Completely agree. Right now I would split as well 60/40 in favor of LTC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
August 16, 2017, 02:41:29 PM
Diversify your portfolio. Buy some of both.
That is best choice to our portofolio invest on bitcoins and litecoin, however there are no better investment between bitcoins or litecoin
the both has huge risk losing values in them, no one who gives guarantee will not crash.
The better choice in investment is management of risk and profit on all of digital coins and this anticipate will gives chance to take big profit too, if bitcoins and litecoin becomes more expensive.
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
August 16, 2017, 09:07:21 AM
Litecoin is a really good buy at the moment, I'm feeling my bag and waiting for a break out, hope it happens. Cheesy

An altcoin bull run will probably happen next month, fill your bags, make your bets, we gonna make a lot of money.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
August 16, 2017, 08:48:28 AM
BTC is the best option for shorterm or longterm Investment, as you can see BTC price going Up everyday, not like LTC stuck in that price
I'm sure BTC will be more than $5000 by end of the year Cool

Who are you
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
August 16, 2017, 08:41:03 AM
Because investment is a goal for longterm or at least for me more than holding 3months. Then, i prioritize in LTC to invest. Current cheap price can make me to gain big profit some time later.
Activity: 766
Merit: 501
BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS
August 16, 2017, 08:37:04 AM

BTC is at its all time high these days. It's quite risky to invest on it, I think the price will go down sooner or later.

LTC is a strange coin in my opinion. Its technology is nothing special and the price never reached as high level as ETH. But Charlie Lee is a serious dev, its user-base is large and has a quite long history so far. So I think it's always a good choice.

If you are choosing between BTC and LTC, I will spilt the investment. 80% on BTC and 30% on LTC.

Let me know how you can have 110% instead of 100%. It would be nice to know...  Cheesy
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
August 16, 2017, 08:35:00 AM

Then why not diversify it further by adding a few more of the promising altcoins such as Waves, Bitsend and Stellar Lumens? But I would advise everyone to limit their altcoin holdings to a maximum of 20%. Leave the remaining 80% to Bitcoin.
Activity: 174
August 16, 2017, 08:33:15 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
August 16, 2017, 08:32:39 AM
If you are choosing between BTC and LTC, I will spilt the investment. 80% on BTC and 30% on LTC.
Activity: 350
August 16, 2017, 08:32:03 AM
Whats you opinion?

Will the LTC price rise if the lightning network is active?
What other chances has LTC to increase attention?

Btc no more futher thinking, why? Because of the value of it, it is a good investment and haven't you heard the news about the bitcoins, they will never be broadcast on mainstream if they are not that successful. But ltc is also a good investment though a little investment may do because for me, ltc is just a baby for now preparing for their growth. What do I know, maybe they will immediately grow without even knowing. Lets just investment in all those who have potentials.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
August 16, 2017, 08:24:38 AM
btc is best in either investment. even in short or long term. btc also has more potential and benefits that ltc as altcoin.
I agree, I will choose to invest in btc as this is very high potential. We can trade either short term or long term investment. If we can notice price is high and if you can hold we can really earn huge profit. In Ltc I think it is also good to invest that until today it is still active in the market.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 16, 2017, 08:24:26 AM
Bitcoin ist Original and other all is FAKE ! And whit FAKE COIN he buy the Original Bitcoin, and the winner ist Bitcoin !

Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
August 16, 2017, 08:23:33 AM
Whats you opinion?

I know Litecoin will not be stuck in its place forever. It is just waiting for the right time to acquire much price and fly really high. But so far, we just have to wait for such things to unfold in their proper time. That is why, for me it is better to invest in BTC. A much safer choice and a quicker one as well.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 16, 2017, 08:22:04 AM
I'd take BTC any time. Ltc seems stuck in one place, not moving anywhere. Btc seems so much more dynamic
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
August 16, 2017, 08:21:03 AM
Whats you opinion?

If you do have the money then going both coins would really be the best thing. I have known LTC isnt really moving on previous months or even years but now on the news that it might activate lightning network then its really possible for its price to rise up now and i do really strongly believe on that one and if i do really have the money i will put some funds into that coin and specially to bitcoin it wont really be left behind. Yet there are still other choices too which diversifying would be the best thing to do as of now.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
August 16, 2017, 08:15:23 AM
A few weeks ago I would have clearly said Bitcoin. Just because of the split and the free BCC / BCH coins through the fork. After the bitcoin price has increased so strongly over the last two weeks, I would invest in both. 60% in LTC and 40% in Bitcoin. I'm expecting a correction at Bitcoin. Then Altcoins should benefit and rise. So you can balance or reduce your losses.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
August 16, 2017, 08:10:58 AM
Whats you opinion?

LTC's big pump was all about segwit. Litecoin managed to get segwit before Bitcoin due the fact that a lot of miners were delaying it as much as possible. They also made a lot of money in LTC by playing around with their hashrate power during the signaling process... it was really a circus.

Now that segwit is around the corner for BTC, im finding it difficult to defend a long position on LTC, it has nothing to offer for now, so stick to Bitcoin only.
Pages:
Jump to: