Pages:
Author

Topic: BEWARE: igot.com is either running a scam or is out of cash - page 7. (Read 17817 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I've been waiting almost a month for a 2btc withdrawal and have more than 30 btc sitting on their exchange.  Pardon my French, but I am shitting my pants over this. My life as I know it is over if they steal those coins.  😢
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Theyve told me via support ticket now that my Bitcoin withdrawal will be processed monday.. If it isn't I will be perusing avenues with the Australian authorities as they are an Australian registered business (Department of Fair Trading, Police, Commonwealth Bank). I would recommend everyone do the same.   

Hi, its tuesday now, actually wednesday where im at. I dint get my bitcoins, did you? Or anyone else on here?
Activity: 43
Update:

After reporting igots account to commonwealth bank, Fair Trading and the police, I can confirm my money has been returned. Goes to show if you kick and scream loud enough you get your way in the end. If anyone else is having issues with recovering funds please contact me on [email protected] and I can put you onto the right channels and people.

All the best to you all. Especially igot_user_03773356. Please keep me in the loop. I know it sucks to lose a lot of money and I would love to help you (and others) any way I can.

I'm really glad that you got your money back, bitcoinbabe. Unfortunately for myself, I've received none of my money. I'll reach out to you via email to understand what you did.
Activity: 8
Update:

After reporting igots account to commonwealth bank, Fair Trading and the police, I can confirm my money has been returned. Goes to show if you kick and scream loud enough you get your way in the end. If anyone else is having issues with recovering funds please contact me on [email protected] and I can put you onto the right channels and people.

All the best to you all. Especially igot_user_03773356. Please keep me in the loop. I know it sucks to lose a lot of money and I would love to help you (and others) any way I can.
Activity: 24
Curious to know how many people have filed a complaint with Fair Trading?
Not yet. But soon I will.
Curious to know how many people have filed a complaint with Fair Trading?
@igot_user_03773356, @bitcoin.babe

What is the update? igot seems to have stopped responding too..
It looks sad but I'd not lose hope. Keep nagging them.

No one who reads this will ever use them. What are they thinking?
@op, you should link this thread to all places where they advertise.

Still no cash received despite all the promises they gave last week.

Update (as of 8 June):
  • Two payments pending. Oldest pending since more than 35 days back.

I was told a monday withdrawal. but nothing has come through yet. again I tried to message support via the website and facebook page with no response thus far. Will be putting through complaints with government departments now.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
@igot_user_03773356, @bitcoin.babe

What is the update? igot seems to have stopped responding too..
It looks sad but I'd not lose hope. Keep nagging them.

No one who reads this will ever use them. What are they thinking?
@op, you should link this thread to all places where they advertise.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I don't use there services now they always had delays from starting and now this has become worst. They will collapse soon. I think they are running Ponzi.
@sankale I know that in Kenya that amount is a fortune. They are destroying your economy and your family future; moreover, having kids involved it is thousands times worse. That is called cruelty. Abusing the most vulnerable in the world. Big shame for them. God will protect you and your family. God will make justice. Bless you and your family.
Theyve told me via support ticket now that my Bitcoin withdrawal will be processed monday.. If it isnt I will be perusing avenues with the Australian authorities as they are an Australian registered business (Department of Fair Trading, Police, Commonwealth Bank). I would recommend everyone do the same.   
Can you give us the email and contact numbers of this Department in Australia? I also advise all customers to take screen prints for documentation, just in case they plug off.
Theyve told me via support ticket now that my Bitcoin withdrawal will be processed monday.. If it isnt I will be perusing avenues with the Australian authorities as they are an Australian registered business (Department of Fair Trading, Police, Commonwealth Bank). I would recommend everyone do the same.   
@sankale: Sorry to hear about your problems - we're all in the same boat. Would advise you to try all channels and create as much noise as possible so that you get attended to. You can reach out directly to igot staff. The founder is Rick Day:
Rick Day <[email protected]>, [email protected], Daniel Palmer <[email protected]>, [email protected], Vignesh Raja <[email protected]>

Or raise a ruckus through their Facebook page (but negative comments usually get purged after a while):
https://www.facebook.com/pages/igotcom/191028684435836?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal
Activity: 11
Hi Lee,

As Rick has explained, we have had issues with the banks. Obviously, being a bitcoin company means some banks aren't always friendly or consistent in their attitude, and do this odd/not very business-like thing of opening an account for us then withdrawing it some time later.

Other exchanges, such as Safello and Coinfloor, have had the same issue if you read the bitcoin press.

Rick has been arranging new accounts over the last few days and the delays we have had over the last few weeks should be a thing of the past very soon.

We're sorry our customers had to suffer longer withdrawals than either they or we would like. And, yes, there were a few people who had commented on Facebook for the same reason, but all have been paid out.

I have double checked with our support team, and your payments have definitely been made, Lee. The first should arrive within a day and the others within the next few days. Please accept our apologies again for the overlong wait.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards, Dan ([email protected])
Hi Dan,my names is James account  #05335136. I am a God fearing christian who for the last 2 days have been loosing sleep and praying and praying that the news ive been reading about igot.com is not true. 4 or 5 months ago, you opened for business in Kenya and since you then i have been a loyal customer. I have almost 8 Bitcoins waiting for transfer since Thursday the 21st of May and this coming Thursday, June 11th, will be exactly 30 days since i asked for my bitcoins to be withdrawn. This may not seem like a lot of money, but in Kenya, where 80% of people make less than $1 a day, it is a lot. In fact, it is my life savings, everything i have. I have saved tirelessly for the last 6 to 7 years to get this kind of money and my wife, my son and my family need this money.

After reading the comments above, i sat and prayed, in Jesus name, that all the negative things i was reading were caused by misunderstandings and not because igot.com is broke. I prayed, in Jesus name, that all these issues you have will be sorted out within the next couple of days. I opened a support ticket weeks ago and i have written six times and i always get the same reply, "we are upgrading our systems and cannot release bitcoins" Today i got a different reply, it stated that, and i quote "There are some massive bugs with the wallet system that we're fixing..................I've canceled the transaction for now and if you want to sell your bitcoin and buy from elsewhere, you can do that." I am very concerned about the last part of the message, why was my transaction cancelled? I do not want to sell my bitcoins, because the price of bitcoins is a lot lower than i bought them and therefore i will be loosing a lot of money. All i want is my bitcoins withdrawn, so i chose to withdraw again and i'm praying that it goes through this time. I also hope and pray, that since you decided to cancel my transaction, that i don't get put me at the back of the waiting line and my bitcoins are withdrawn successfully. Once again, i pray, that your problems will be solved and i will get my bitcoins as promised, in Jesus name AMEN
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
Not being able to send coins that they are supposed to is a major red flag.

Bank issues can be a legitimate excuse for fiat payments, but not when they are dragged out for this long, but why on earth can't they process a btc transaction until monday?

Hope you guys get your money back, but I hope others can learn not to fall into this trap.
The same with me. I am "glad" I found this forum about iGot, but I wish it would never be in such circumstances. I am in UAE. They opened here with trumps and drums in 2014.
I withdrew some fiat, but it took about 2 weeks to clear into my bank account. Now I am stuck with another fiat withdraw for about 3 weeks! I have been e-mailing with Dan. The same answers all the time: upgrading, bank issues, hackers, DDOS, illegal transactions, etc, etc. I really do not what is going on, and how much is truth or just BS. Dan, Mark and their representative in UAE all said that by this Monday 8/6/2015 iGot's bank account will be unblocked. Hope so. Otherwise, they will face lots of troubles worldwide. By now I do not want to add more timber to the fire, and see what happens next week.
Regards

We have to assume the worst and believe that a lot of what they say is BS. I've transacted with a number of exchanges and igot is the only one with such problems. In fact, I've been speaking with Rick Day (the founder/chief conman) on my withdrawal problems since Day One as I transact with relatively large volumes. Rick keeps promising that I will receive my cash "shortly", "imminently", etc, but this never happens.

Their Facebook account actually had a number of people complaining about long withdrawals, but their social media people kept scrubbing off those negative comments. I'm very certain there are a lot of silent victims out there.
I just got a support ticket back from Julie with the following:

Thank you for your email.
Due to ongoing upgrade, we will not be able to process this until Monday.

If you want, we can reverse the transactions and send your money back to your bank account?

Regards,

Julie

I responded with:

Will the fiat be quicker to receive than the bitcoin? Because I have been talking to customers who say they havent been paid their fiat in almost a month!

Considering I just sent them $6k @igot_user_03773356 and youve sent them 100btc, I dont see what the hold up is... sounds like a simple swap to me.. But hey, If you ever wanna trade  igot_user_03773356 and take out the slow as hell middle man I'll be more than happy to  Wink

To be honest, it will be a lot easier for igot to refund you in BTCs than in fiat because there is no need to involve the banking system. That's one of the advantages of using BTCs in the first place! Don't mean to be alarmist, but you may end up in my situation after agreeing to be refunded in fiat...

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Faced heavy delay in BTC withdrawal so after using it for long time we decided to discontinue Sad
Pages:
Jump to: