Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL and public relations - page 6. (Read 9676 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 500
November 12, 2012, 07:39:01 PM
Just guessing.

Guessing ... well, that's one of the major annoyances on http://forums.butterflylabs.com/
There are so many bootlickers and wannabe BFL employes on there that it's hard to filter out accurate information in all those tons of useless comments.
So many speculations and guesswork.

I posted my question ("working prototype") hoping that a BFL official would respond - but got banned instead.

It seems the purpose of those forums is only mutual sugarcoating and backslapping - to bear with the constantly delayed delivery dates.

You should go back and read the thousand-count posts from when BFL first announced the FPGA based equipment. I was skeptical too back then but they have a fairly successful history now of completing orders.
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
November 12, 2012, 07:35:53 PM
I, for one, welcome our new Chinese Overlords!
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
November 12, 2012, 06:43:12 PM
I think Tom will ship his bASICs before BFL ships. Tom already has working chips, and is working on the board. BFL is still waiting for the chips from the fab. What if when they get the chips and assemble the first working board they find problems?
the bASIC can be set back a few weeks as well if unexpected problems show up, in all cases, the board designs are not finalized yet and the firmware needs to be written, for all 4 current public ASIC projects.

In any case, some projects are far better at explaining to their customers what is the current status than BFL. And frankly after how they mishandled the introduction of their FPGA line (under performing and using more power), I'm surprised they keep marketing the 'estimates' instead of explaining they are not hard, guaranteed values. But I guess that is marketing.

Agreed its all a big game of wait and see right now. Oh and who made the right bet....go with BFL, bASIC...etc
Activity: 434
November 12, 2012, 06:25:28 PM
Welcome to China...comrade.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 12, 2012, 05:39:45 PM
Just guessing.

Guessing ... well, that's one of the major annoyances on http://forums.butterflylabs.com/
There are so many bootlickers and wannabe BFL employes on there that it's hard to filter out accurate information in all those tons of useless comments.
So many speculations and guesswork.

I posted my question ("working prototype") hoping that a BFL official would respond - but got banned instead.

It seems the purpose of those forums is only mutual sugarcoating and backslapping - to bear with the constantly delayed delivery dates.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2012, 04:07:44 AM
I think Tom will ship his bASICs before BFL ships. Tom already has working chips, and is working on the board. BFL is still waiting for the chips from the fab. What if when they get the chips and assemble the first working board they find problems?
the bASIC can be set back a few weeks as well if unexpected problems show up, in all cases, the board designs are not finalized yet and the firmware needs to be written, for all 4 current public ASIC projects.

In any case, some projects are far better at explaining to their customers what is the current status than BFL. And frankly after how they mishandled the introduction of their FPGA line (under performing and using more power), I'm surprised they keep marketing the 'estimates' instead of explaining they are not hard, guaranteed values. But I guess that is marketing.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
November 11, 2012, 09:25:58 PM
Doomsday.

Then, possibly a number of BFL employee will quit or resign, whichever comes first. (I am joking at the possibility...maybe)
Activity: 681
November 11, 2012, 09:08:41 PM
Activity: 568
November 11, 2012, 07:17:04 PM
If I remembered right you did not trust them, and got the advice "why don't you wait ordering untill they are released early december, if you feel insecure doing it now. Won't matter much for a place in line, since you won't be in the first batch anyhow". Something like that, wasn't it?
It may be that your ip was found to be the same as that of a well known troll there? Or that someone was fed up with the next new member playing the noob asking that question for the 22th time? Just guessing.
Activity: 532
November 11, 2012, 06:37:05 PM
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
November 11, 2012, 06:08:25 PM
They've been asked for rudely demanded a prototype by users here on bitcointalk so many times, it becomes hard to distinguish interested customers from the trolls and shills. I'm  betting it was a question that's been asked before, and their stance on it hasn't changed much since.
Activity: 434
November 11, 2012, 12:12:41 PM
BFL is the presumptive front runner in the ASIC arms race because they began collecting pre-order funds months before anyone else(think 0% interest loan) with the understanding they'd ship in October. Obviously that didn't happen. They won't be shipping in November either, and their current(likely soon delayed) shipping schedule calls for early December. Shipping will now almost certainly take place after block reward halving. Also BTCFPGA has held firmly to that same shipping date(wk1 Dec) all along, and they do not have an established history of pushing back shipping dates.
Activity: 322
November 11, 2012, 12:00:43 PM

LOL!!!

All hail our glorious leader, Inaba. 

Don't worry.  BFL distribution of information is handled much like in North Korea.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 11, 2012, 11:55:41 AM
Hi, I'm sort of new to mining. From what I understood dedicated hardware (ASICs) is the way to go.

The company that will deliver first seems to be BFL.

I wanted to know a little bit more about their product before putting my money into it. Therefore I registered on their webpage (forums.butterflylabs.com) and asked whether they have a working prototype. I got a reply (not from BFL, only from another user) that they don't and that it's probably best to wait til December and see if they can deliver. I agreed and expressed by concerns.

It seems BFL does not like this kind of questions, because soon after that my account has been banned and the thread was completely deleted.

Am I in f*cking China? What's with this censorship?
Pages:
Jump to: