Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 39. (Read 73054 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
How far have you progressed along the pi option?

In a very early stage only in my head because I'd allready send all my samples to chris99 for tests.
I've started to ask bfl for more chip samples (20) but maybe I get only 10.
8 of them I can send to lucko so 2 of my samples can be used to test my own design idea.
The base idea comes from the circuit which shows that the chip has F12 E12 D12 and C12 an
simple SPI interface. On PI it is possible to use GPIO for SPI interface so my hope is without
having an AVR it is possible direct use with only small extension connected to my pi.
The main problem is still the power supply of the chips. I've here an old modminer board with
an Delta Electronics D12F200 DC DC controller which should supports 2 chips for my tests

If my idea will becomes more concrete I will open own thread.

So an 8Gh/s Pi?
I will look out for your future thread.
It could be an interesting Pi project in its own setting.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Just to clarify for North American orders we will be accepting Bitcoin Only. Lucko will handle orders from European countries and such and he will accept other payment methods.
-jj
Activity: 826
Relax JJ. I would give him a form address. I'm in contact with him... The problem is that he doesn't have them in hands at the moment.
Short payment question: It is possible to pay in Bitcoin?

Cheers...

Yes it will be Bitcoin over BitPay(probably) and I think I might offer SEPA and PayPal for my part to... Need to see if this can be integrated into page...

In a very early stage only in my head because I'd allready send all my samples to chris99 for tests.
8 of them I can send to lucko so 2 of my samples can be used to test my own design idea.
The base idea comes from the circuit which shows that the chip has F12 E12 D12 and C12 an
simple SPI interface. On PI it is possible to use GPIO for SPI interface so my hope is without
having an AVR it is possible direct use with only small extension connected to my pi.
The main problem is still the power supply of the chips. I've here an old modminer board with
an Delta Electronics D12F200 DC DC controller which should supports 2 chips for my tests

If you can send 5 sample chips to Form (not lucko)

thats what we really need, so we can test a full 16 Chip board.

If anyone can contribute 5 Sample chips, sent directly to Form in Germany via Federal Express overnight, I will give you a free board with free mounting (you just need to supply the chips)

If anyone can do this especially if you are in the EU or Germany please let me know
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
I believe payment will be bitcoin through bitpay.
Activity: 128
Short payment question: It is possible to pay in Bitcoin?

Cheers...

Hi Lucko
Hi JerimiahJohnson

Just had a quick look at your new website, Wink
looks neat and clear. Cool

I have even managed to open an account. Roll Eyes

My only gripe would be that the rest of the world will get these boards before the "Lucko group buy" Grin

oh well........., I suppose we should have been faster to place our orders............... Sad

Hey Relax my friends

Don't worry I am not even accepting orders yet, on the website - just getting it setup and testing some things out,  we are not taking orders untill we have PCB's in hand and our first production board completed and is fully tested. In fact I have not even announced the web site or advertised it anywhere you must of found it by accident.

In fact the logo is sort of just a joke... lol - I was just testing out the site and getting it ready...

Orders are now disabled on the website since someone found it on accident while I was working on it, however no orders have been made / and or paid. When we are able to start accepting orders, I will make an announcement on the site.

As far the whole group buy discount thing I will have to talk to lucko and arrange something with that.

Just to make it clear for everyone:

We are not taking orders just testing website and here is the most accurate timeline I can provide:

<1> Sept 9th I will have PCBs, and production cooling system parts in hand (according to tracking info)
<2> Sept 9th/10th I will fedex express mail some PCBs/parts to form
<3> Sept 12th/13th Form will hand assemble the first production board
<4> If the board works like we expect it to we will -->
<5> Start accepting orders<13th-15th> will have discount/group buy thing worked out by this point

Assembly
Around Sept 15th
<1>The Assembly facility has all the necessary files and information to begin assembling the full boards once we know they will work
<2>We will begin assembling boards to completion with the exception of the chips
<3>Since most BFL chips will not be coming for weeks for most people, we are going to do one big batch of the completed boards on a 10 day assembly lead time, so they will be ready for mounting when the chips come in.

If you are getting your chips earlier and want to pay extra for faster assembly times please email [email protected] and I can give you price quotes on 48 hour and 5 day assembly times.

<4>Look for boards to ship around the 25th, unless you get your chips earlier and we work something else out.

Hope I was able to answer all your questions.

This website is a work in progress. As far as the whole group buy thing and discounts I will talk to Lucko and get this worked out before we go live with orders.

Hi

Does anyone know what date the first BFL chip deliveries are expected?  I read some place they offered 100,000 chips, but how many have they actually sold?
Forgive me but what website and group buyers should have priority.
They have so don't worry. If I have to mount chips for a person who is not part of a GB and GB buyer or someone who helped guess who will be first...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Forgive me but what website and group buyers should have priority.
Hi Lucko
Hi JerimiahJohnson

Just had a quick look at your new website, Wink
looks neat and clear. Cool

I have even managed to open an account. Roll Eyes

My only gripe would be that the rest of the world will get these boards before the "Lucko group buy" Grin

oh well........., I suppose we should have been faster to place our orders............... Sad
Hi,

I have ask for 20 chip samples from my order. I can sent up to 8 samples if bfl will send them to me.

But in real I still have no offer how I can order some boards.

Cheers...
Pierre

PS: I've started an own design. I'll try to use the rasberry pi communication to the chips over spi interface Wink
But it's unsure to get an working design before your'e delivery is started Cheesy

Cheers...

Hi asjfdlksfd
Hi,

I have ask for 20 chip samples from my order. I can sent up to 8 samples if bfl will send them to me.

But in real I still have no offer how I can order some boards.

Cheers...
Pierre

PS: I've started an own design. I'll try to use the rasberry pi communication to the chips over spi interface Wink
But it's unsure to get an working design before your'e delivery is started Cheesy

Cheers...
Just wanted to update...

According to DHL I will have production PCBs on Monday.

Form could use a couple more samples. (five) more as far as I know so he can hand assemble a production board before we have some made at the assembly facility.

I am willing to donate Free PCB to anyone that gives sample chips to form so he can check the production PCB before we go to professional manufacture

contact Lucko for arrangements.

Also yes I will be offering professional chip mounting as well as assembly services in the US.

Website coming this week.

-JJ

legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Also nice to know all 3 vendors may offer assembly option in USA.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
BTW you probably messed EDIT I add... So again nice board... I will probably buy one same as goes for MrTeal... As a collection if all boards made for this chip...

Thank you! Sorry, I mised EDIT.
All 3 different designs (yours, Mr Teal and ours) look really good to me, to be honest much better than the very complicated BFL's one...
I agree more or less. It can be done with hi end hot air system(you need to control temperature well) or if you are really good with soldering station(not really sure if this is the right word in English since it translated words from Slovenian)... So if you are not doing that "every day" I would not recommend that. We even lost one sample doing that testing ways to get them on and off... That is for FrankenJala do it your self videos...
I am not an expert, as the engineers of the team did this job, but as far as I know
supply current for the core of each chip is 10A.
BFL power supply is approx 35-40A. that is why supports up to 14GH/s and not much more than that.
If BFL's board provided 80A current, it would be enough for 6 good quality chips - 28GH/s.

EDIT: If BFL's board provided 80A current, it would be enough for 6-7 good quality chips - 28GH/s.
Well it is more like 13A on samples we have but yes... And it looks like you just pointed me in the right direction why FrankeJala is working as it is... Need to look schematic and see if power supply is really 80A or schematic just say it is...

BTW you probably messed EDIT I add... So again nice board... I will probably buy one same as goes for MrTeal... As a collection of all boards made for this chip...
How hard is it to solder the chips to the board? Can it be done by end user without any specialized equipment?

I think mounting by yourself is not a good idea. An ordinary soldering iron is to big and to hot. Anything else is to expensive for a diy project, you need lots of work for a laser unit.

One damaged chip and your unit is way down on hashing rate.
Pages:
Jump to: