Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL has Black Friday SALE!!! Be careful - page 2. (Read 7244 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 30, 2013, 09:12:30 AM
It's a miracle !!!

LIES!

My June order is not even shipped yet. They just marked everything as shipped. No tracking numbers. Just a lie to boost sales.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2013, 07:36:49 AM
Guess I won't be getting anything from them.

It gives me a nice warm glow when the warnings are heeded by newer members, congrats on a wise decision Smiley
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 01:21:09 AM
Guess I won't be getting anything from them.
legendary
Activity: 952
November 30, 2013, 12:27:52 AM
You should keep reinvesting untill you have 0 BTC left because every investment will leave you with less bitcoins than you had before.
Actually i think you deserve it, since it seems that you are into bitcoin for some time now and you still don't have a clue about difficulty, roi etc.
Actually, historically, BTC has been a pretty profitable venture for me. I also understand many of the technical and economic aspects quite well, and I'm not really sure why you're resorting to baseless personal attacks.

Of course hind sight is 20/20, and there are things I would have done differently. But overall, I'm still pretty happy. My "reinvestments" have typically earned their full purchase price back (doesn't matter if you're counting in USD or BTC). The only way I'd end up with 0 BTC is if I held onto the BTCs I currently have, sold them years later, and never bought any more hardware. Where's the fun in that? Where's the growth?
legendary
Activity: 910
November 29, 2013, 11:39:07 PM
At 25% off they are still too expensive... assuming they do ship in a reasonable time.  600 GH/S should be like 1800 bucks. Or 1.5 BTC.
Activity: 924
November 29, 2013, 11:27:00 PM
LOL they said delivery was December dot dot dot they also said they would tape out in August.

Have you been following this?

Umm that means they are already what 6 months into this venture if March is the date they think it will drop?

Don't get caught up in their games. Seriously just go buy BTC or FRC or something else or from KnC or take a less risky investment and try Black Arrow or BitMine.

we'll see. it is all a gamble!

Less of a gamble and more of a waste of coin and time if you deal with BFL. Just think of the man hours people put into trying to get a straight answer from them on shipping dates, rma and refunds. Millions lost. Just don't buy BFL save yourself the hassle. Then no one here needs to warn people off BFL. Problem resolved.
Activity: 644
November 29, 2013, 10:28:27 PM
LOL they said delivery was December dot dot dot they also said they would tape out in August.

Umm that means they are already what 6 months into this venture if March is the date they think it will drop?

Don't get caught up in their games. Seriously just go buy BTC or FRC or something else or from KnC or take a less risky investment and try Black Arrow or BitMine.

we'll see. it is all a gamble!
November 29, 2013, 10:18:27 PM

November 29, 2013, 10:16:16 PM
Yep, I just ordered another Monarch 600 with the 25% discount.

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

Monarch: $3510 for 600 GH/s due in Feb.
BA: $4799 for 2000 GH/s due in Feb.

Why would you waste your money like that?

Then look at the fine print at BFL site.

15 weeks from when TAPE OUT finishes. Tape out ain't finished.

That is March or later not February.

who says that they hasn't taped out till now? you know that for sure?
and the "fineprint" is deleted from they site, it was from july and maybe very outdated.

It is for them to PROVE tape out not me.

As for evidence they already REMOVED the info on 10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks after tapeout.

I do love a company that 'refines' it's pages.

Code:
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC bitcoin mining hardware 
products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may
take 3 months or more after order. All sales are final.

Still a nice big WARNING and dates that are clearly stated.

3 MONTHS OR MORE ALL SALES FINAL.

3 months are usualy short for most asic manufacturers!

yes they removed the info on "10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks after tapeout", maybe due the weeks are gone... and they can release the Card soon!?

and they didn't removed :" to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid"
November 29, 2013, 10:11:02 PM

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

who says that they hasn't taped out till now? you know that for sure?
and the "fineprint" is deleted from they site, it was from july and maybe very outdated.

It is for them to PROVE tape out not me.

As for evidence they already REMOVED the info on 10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks after tapeout.

I do love a company that 'refines' it's pages.

Code:
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC bitcoin mining hardware 
products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may
take 3 months or more after order. All sales are final.

Still a nice big WARNING and dates that are clearly stated.

3 MONTHS OR MORE. ALL SALES FINAL.

Given the 10 weeks at FOUNDRY they stipulated that won't change and that can't happen unless they have taped out. They have yet to prove any tape out has happened. 3 months or more is what you need to key in on. Closer to 4 months given their past timeline.  

March or April for the first few developer, friends and family units then the rest that come off the line go for "burn-in" and you will see your Monarch maybe June? July? 2014. If the line for orders of this product is long, people are certainly either, ill informed or trapped in the never ending upgrade loop.
November 29, 2013, 10:04:21 PM

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

who says that they Has not taped out till now? you know that for sure?
and the "fine print" is deleted from They site, because was it from july and maybe very outdated.

of course, bfl is a Club of idiots - not capable to communicate With Their customers and not capable to inform people about status-update
November 29, 2013, 09:35:11 PM

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
November 29, 2013, 08:37:17 PM
for laughs I tried to order the 50gh/s from bfl -- logged in and added it to cart - applied "bflblackfriday" coupon - which it took - selected std shipping and pay with BTC - accept aup and hit order now...

spins for a second then web page not found --

retry ... coupon code not valid --- 

another BFL let down.

https://i.imgur.com/lTO60al.jpg

do it with big letters!

tried that too.... same fail

problem is you can only enter it once

create another account and try again
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
November 29, 2013, 08:33:25 PM
did anyone of you read the thread title? BE CAREFUL!!!
i won't buy anything from them even with 50% discount!!!
Activity: 360
November 29, 2013, 08:31:48 PM
for laughs I tried to order the 50gh/s from bfl -- logged in and added it to cart - applied "bflblackfriday" coupon - which it took - selected std shipping and pay with BTC - accept aup and hit order now...

another BFL let down.

do it with big letters!

tried that too.... same fail
November 29, 2013, 08:25:21 PM

another BFL let down.

do it with big letters!
Activity: 360
November 29, 2013, 08:20:35 PM

another BFL let down.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 29, 2013, 08:00:26 PM
So I have a decent number of BTC that are now worth thousands of USD. Should I just sit on them and do nothing? What if I want to reinvest those BTC into more hardware? I can sit on that 3.25BTC forever, or I can reinvest so I can earn that back. If I make even a satochi more than the 3.25BTC over it's lifetime (which will hopefully be years), than I've come out ahead.

You should keep reinvesting untill you have 0 BTC left because every investment will leave you with less bitcoins than you had before.
Actually i think you deserve it, since it seems that you are into bitcoin for some time now and you still don't have a clue about difficulty, roi etc.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
November 29, 2013, 07:53:18 PM
Cuz I don't like dealing with unknown companies who haven't delivered anything yet?

Me too, which is why I compared BFL to BA, because BA has delivered, and quite successfully on time, unlike BFL.
legendary
Activity: 952
November 29, 2013, 07:49:23 PM
Cuz I don't like dealing with unknown companies who haven't delivered anything yet?

I have no reservations from ordering from KNC or BitFury, but BitFury is way more expensive, and KNC is closing their new orders to previous customers.
Pages:
Jump to: