Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL has Black Friday SALE!!! Be careful - page 3. (Read 7244 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
November 29, 2013, 07:44:12 PM
It's an argument against miners that are making less bitcoins that you could have bought directly.
You're assuming I'm paying with USD. I'm buying the Monarchs with BTC mined from my SC Singles, which were paid for with BTC mined from my FPGA Singles, which were paid for in BTC mined from multiple GPUs, which were paid for in BTC from an initial investment of a few hundred USD when I picked up my first 5830.

I've already cashed out on a bunch of BTC to cover my operating expenses, as well as a nice chunk to pay off all of my student loans. With the exception of month-to-month expenses, I am now officially living debt-free, something most Americans cannot say. And I make a pretty mediocre paycheck (at best), so I don't have a lot of cash to buy BTC with.

So I have a decent number of BTC that are now worth thousands of USD. Should I just sit on them and do nothing? What if I want to reinvest those BTC into more hardware? I can sit on that 3.25BTC forever, or I can reinvest so I can earn that back. If I make even a satochi more than the 3.25BTC over it's lifetime (which will hopefully be years), than I've come out ahead.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
November 29, 2013, 07:41:17 PM
Yep, I just ordered another Monarch 600 with the 25% discount.

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

Monarch: $3510 for 600 GH/s due in Feb.
BA: $4799 for 2000 GH/s due in Feb.

Why would you waste your money like that?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
November 29, 2013, 07:18:21 PM
Well, this would certainly be a great time to get a discount on purchasing BFL products for Christmas. . .of 2018.

By then, they'll be antiques and you can make a profit by selling them to a museum.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 29, 2013, 07:12:09 PM
25% discount.  Hefty.  I've purchased from BFL before and did eventually get ROI on my order so I can't really complain about them (apart from the many months of anguish at delay after delay).
What do you mean you made ROI? You made more bitcoins than if you have bought bitcoins instead of a miner at the time of your purchase?'
Let me guess. Not by a mile  Tongue
What miner has? Except for the first Avalons, I'd say it's pretty hard to mine a purchase price back (in BTC).

Those 90BTC Avalons are going to be running for a long time before they earn back 90BTC. How much were the first BitFury or KNC miners when paid for in BTC?

The Monarch I just paid for was 3.25BTC. Both the BTC and USD ROI are going to be depended on shipping dates, but this whole argument is pretty much a dead horse.

What do you mean the whole argument is a dead horse. It's not an argument against BFL. It's an argument against miners that are making less bitcoins that you could have bought directly.

Hey guys I'm selling virtual mining contracts:  Full disclosure there are no miners, there never will be miners, I will not purchase and run hardware. But I will provide a fancy website you can log into and a virtual pool that will show your imaginary hashrate to make you feel better.  You can OC, fuck around with fake settings, the entire hosted mining experience without the messy fucking hardware!

Now the cost for these contracts I charge 10 BTC per year, and I promise you will "mine" back 8.5BTC over the 1 year contract, if BTC price goes up you will have a tidy fiat profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now which of you BFL customers would like to be first?

Edit, actually the time of the contract is up to the customer if they would like to extend the time from 1 year (minimum) to 2,3,5 or 10 years I will not charge a single satoshi more!  Come and get em

I think nowadays you 'll find more customers over at KnC's threads. They "donate" hundreds of bitcoins as we speak  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
November 29, 2013, 06:56:48 PM
25% discount.  Hefty.  I've purchased from BFL before and did eventually get ROI on my order so I can't really complain about them (apart from the many months of anguish at delay after delay).
What do you mean you made ROI? You made more bitcoins than if you have bought bitcoins instead of a miner at the time of your purchase?'
Let me guess. Not by a mile  Tongue
What miner has? Except for the first Avalons, I'd say it's pretty hard to mine a purchase price back (in BTC).

Those 90BTC Avalons are going to be running for a long time before they earn back 90BTC. How much were the first BitFury or KNC miners when paid for in BTC?

The Monarch I just paid for was 3.25BTC. Both the BTC and USD ROI are going to be depended on shipping dates, but this whole argument is pretty much a dead horse.

What do you mean the whole argument is a dead horse. It's not an argument against BFL. It's an argument against miners that are making less bitcoins that you could have bought directly.

Hey guys I'm selling virtual mining contracts:  Full disclosure there are no miners, there never will be miners, I will not purchase and run hardware. But I will provide a fancy website you can log into and a virtual pool that will show your imaginary hashrate to make you feel better.  You can OC, fuck around with fake settings, the entire hosted mining experience without the messy fucking hardware!

Now the cost for these contracts I charge 10 BTC per year, and I promise you will "mine" back 8.5BTC over the 1 year contract, if BTC price goes up you will have a tidy fiat profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now which of you BFL customers would like to be first?

Edit, actually the time of the contract is up to the customer if they would like to extend the time from 1 year (minimum) to 2,3,5 or 10 years I will not charge a single satoshi more!  Come and get em
November 29, 2013, 06:47:43 PM
Let me guess. Not by a mile  Tongue

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 29, 2013, 06:09:38 PM
damn you financial potentials, i just ordered a monarch

Order #BFL-018368269

order_id/111113/

I also play this game!  Cool

After KNCMiner did not want my Money for a second Neptune, I decided to give it BFL ...

So I took the plunge, now a second to order bflMonarch.
If everything goes according to my current calculations, the cards would have to make even something about ROI.

Now hit me already for it!  Tongue
legendary
November 29, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

November 29, 2013, 05:36:41 PM

Activity: 392
November 29, 2013, 05:11:08 PM
damn you financial potentials, i just ordered a monarch

Order #BFL-018368269

order_id/111113/
legendary
November 29, 2013, 04:54:55 PM
Yep, I just ordered another Monarch 600 with the 25% discount.

Let the flaming begin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
November 29, 2013, 03:10:46 PM
It's a miracle !!!

legendary
Activity: 966
November 29, 2013, 02:34:06 PM
Activity: 434
November 29, 2013, 09:52:26 AM
The dates on the web site might be out of date. It's safer to listen the dates in the actual Black Friday ad they emailed out, which says "early 2014" for shipping with th older 65nm products in stock and shipping immediately.
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
November 27, 2013, 08:25:00 PM
Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits

Time for a new signature Smiley

Now that's some funny stuff right there !  Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1098
November 27, 2013, 08:20:41 PM
Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits

Time for a new signature Smiley
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
November 27, 2013, 08:08:00 PM
On the ad, it's pretty clear that their current line of products would hopefully ship to you by Christmas (aka Jala and 50GH box).  I looked at their blog and even though we've moved two months of time from when I had received units, they are about 10 months ahead in production.   This means that sooner or later, that queue is going to be caught up and empty.

I too, saw the early Nov / Dec ordering for the Monarchs but as those are pre-order (with a paragraph worth of notes and announcement that this is in development), I wouldn't expect to see them before Feb / March.  

I know BFL has soured many but I received my unit from them right when estimated, had good communication, and haven't had any issues.  But yeah just getting in touch with them via phone or email DOES take some time.  It's not that they don't want to answer, it's probably more that they have to take everything FIFO.  If they're saying orders today will ship by Christmas then hopefully they'll tackle the remaining backlog soon.

Last I saw was they were up to June of 2013 with Jalapeno / Single orders and Nov 2013 with bigger units.
Activity: 406
November 27, 2013, 04:26:15 PM
I just tried calling BFL because on their site says:

5 GH/s Bitcoin Miner
Units in Stock. Immediate Delivery
$274.00

You are assuming that "Immediate Delivery" has something to do with your BFL Asic miner purchase.

The truth of the matter is your BTC payment is immediately delivered into BFL's bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
November 27, 2013, 03:41:28 PM
I've been looking for a decent miner  to really start hashing out, but everything seems to be 4 months back logged due to the insane rise in price of BTCs. I was able to get a few BFL 5GH for 325$, but I think I was really lucky looking at what some of the prices are now.
legendary
Activity: 1098
November 27, 2013, 03:39:25 PM
"Immediate" is a misleading term when dealing with the likes of BFL. Their latest shipping update was "Jalapenos 5 gh/s: June 7, 2013". They still have 5 months backlogged orders for those. If you order today, it will not ship immediately. They are lying, again.

It could be true

They probably figure that anyone who is still waiting is stupid, so they can sell their orders on and make them wait a bit longer.
Pages:
Jump to: