Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL MiniRig Line:Concerned - page 2. (Read 7013 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
September 05, 2013, 06:04:15 PM
Nasser, not sure what you're trying to achieve here. My best guess is that you want me to photoshop you a clown nose Wink

Either you are totally naive, totally retarded - or a total crook like the rest of your posse.

I must add two small notes:

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example ...

The true number is actually millions. Because all those FedEx workers have to eat. Therefore McDonalds, KFC & Wendy's personal is needed. And they all have to get dressed. So lots of people at Footlocker and Wal-Mart are needed as well. Plus shitloads of poor Chinese workers. etc. ....

You realize how complex your task of designing an ASIC was? And what a genius you and your colleagues are?

/irony off

If Nasser is an engineer who has suddenly learnt fluent english ...I am batman  Cool

Activity: 1162
September 05, 2013, 01:57:45 PM
Nasser, not sure what you're trying to achieve here. My best guess is that you want me to photoshop you a clown nose Wink

Either you are totally naive, totally retarded - or a total crook like the rest of your posse.

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example ...

The true number is actually millions. Because all those FedEx workers have to eat. Therefore McDonalds, KFC & Wendy's personal is needed. And they all have to get dressed. So lots of people at Footlocker and Wal-Mart are needed as well. Plus shitloads of poor Chinese workers. etc. ....

You realize how complex your task of designing an ASIC was? And what a genius you and your colleagues are?

/irony off
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 05, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

[...snip...]

2) The sensitivity in our situation comes from the fact that initial delays were incurred. Long story short, at best we could have added 2 months error margin to the initial timeline given to us (which we did). In order to know what the exact delay is going to be (in any project), you need to know the future. We would've purchased a crystal-ball to let us know in advance.. but the company that makes crystal-balls just went out of business...

Regards,
Nasser

Is that because...

1... the suppliers weren't shipping crystal fast enough to the company that makes crystal balls?
2... they hauled the crystal balls out the back door for their own or friends use?
3... they forgot to order the enough crystal before the magic eight ball company came onto the scene?
4... they should have had a fully automated assembly line filled with crystal ball making robots?
5... other?

Cheesy

Lol.
Activity: 574
September 04, 2013, 11:42:49 PM
Stop speaking QAUSI PLAUSIABLE TECHNO speak babble to confuse  the mass's of peopel who dont know any better

EVERY single component in your supply chain has either a SLA or a MTB or Qaulity factor % that are within 98.9% accurate

That leaves 1 1/5 of a very small number  down to chance ..

1)you would knwo this if u where an engineer
2)you are just trying to sell your spin to the people AGAIN with ""YEAH THAT SOUNDS FAIR RUBBISH"

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 04, 2013, 10:08:19 PM
On the bflfraud site, you can see the guy's partner saying he called up BFL and paid extra money to take earlier delivery of minirigs from people who simply bought them online via their website. ie : paying to skip in line

(edit : I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was already mentionned. Sorry it that is the case)

We don't do that... it's immoral and dishonest.

Regards,
Nasser

Unlike lying about every milestone to date.

OR

Ripping off the elderly to the tune of Millions.

That shit is legit and above board.

Sorry, dude, you hitched yourself to the wrong horse.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2013, 09:52:04 PM

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example (or any other carrier we use to ship different components around), to employees in all the companies in the supply chain, PCB and assembly divisions, Wafer Foundry, etc ... The list goes on and on.

2) The sensitivity in our situation comes from the fact that initial delays were incurred. Long story short, at best we could have added 2 months error margin to the initial timeline given to us (which we did). In order to know what the exact delay is going to be (in any project), you need to know the future. We would've purchased a crystal-ball to let us know in advance.. but the company that makes crystal-balls just went out of business...

Regards,
Nasser

I am sorry to have to correct you, but at best you could have added a 10 month error margin. Then you would be shipping on time, instead of very very late.
Other companies manage to use FedEx without being 10 months late. They also manage to make PCBs without being 10 months late. Indeed the list goes on and on.

Even at this late juncture, you are still pushing your own failures off onto other companies. If you can't manage to ship things via FedEx, you probably shouldn't be selling things over the internet.

We could have added 10 years of error margin as well. But to know the exact number, you need to know the future.

Regards,
Nasser

P.S. The FedEx example was used to demonstrate how little logistic elements can affect an active production line, it was not related to the initial delay in any way.

If only anyone had any idea what was actually responsible for the delay. So far, reports have dribbled out that the boards were late, then the boards were wrong, and the chips were late, and the chips had problems, then the boards were redesigned, but the cases are wrong, so the cases were redesigned, but the power supplies have issues, now power supplies are just missing. Train wreck, made worse by opacity and the worst PR debacle since Paul Christoforo.

It doesn't matter if you outsource or if you did it all in house. Failure is failure. Shirking responsibility and blaming your subcontractors is not confidence building.

Bitfury has proven that it is possible to make high performance chips and deliver them on time and in high volume.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 04, 2013, 09:46:25 PM

[...snip...]

Regards,
Nasser

Is that because...

1... the suppliers weren't shipping crystal fast enough to the company that makes crystal balls?
2... they hauled the crystal balls out the back door for their own or friends use?
3... they forgot to order the enough crystal before the magic eight ball company came onto the scene?
4... they should have had a fully automated assembly line filled with crystal ball making robots?
5... other?

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
September 04, 2013, 09:44:42 PM
We could have added 10 years of error margin as well.

That's probably a good idea for the Monarch product. Then you might ship on time.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
September 04, 2013, 09:41:03 PM
On the bflfraud site, you can see the guy's partner saying he called up BFL and paid extra money to take earlier delivery of minirigs from people who simply bought them online via their website. ie : paying to skip in line

(edit : I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was already mentionned. Sorry it that is the case)

Regards,
Nasser

How about denying refunds to customers who's order hasn't shipped yet? Is that immoral and dishonest, because it is definitely illegal...
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
September 04, 2013, 09:40:26 PM

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example (or any other carrier we use to ship different components around), to employees in all the companies in the supply chain, PCB and assembly divisions, Wafer Foundry, etc ... The list goes on and on.

Regards,
Nasser

I am sorry to have to correct you, but at best you could have added a 10 month error margin. Then you would be shipping on time, instead of very very late.
Other companies manage to use FedEx without being 10 months late. They also manage to make PCBs without being 10 months late. Indeed the list goes on and on.

Even at this late juncture, you are still pushing your own failures off onto other companies. If you can't manage to ship things via FedEx, you probably shouldn't be selling things over the internet.

We could have added 10 years of error margin as well. But to know the exact number, you need to know the future.

Regards,
Nasser

P.S. The FedEx example was used to demonstrate how little logistic elements can affect an active production line, it was not related to the initial delay in any way.

We do appreciate your effort in making things clear for those who may not know the process. However the customer now is wanting to know how much longer, and if the delay's become unacceptable. Then once again have the option to get a refund and put their bets on another horse.

Or if they can't then the best form of compensation is to increase the amount of sold hashrate to appease the loss of return for the delay to those whose orders have yet to be fulfilled. Perhaps a % of the purchased mining speed given gratis for the next gen item or something along those lines.

This strategy seems to have helped with other manufacturers and may help reduce existing customers from running for the exits.

It is just a suggestion, as some have expressed their disappointment of not having the ability to make a truly informed decision as to your projects particular circumstance.

Edit:

FYI
Bitfury NA Megabigpower

Order ID: 47
Date Ordered: 08/07/2013
Date Shipped: 09/04/2013

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 04, 2013, 09:39:40 PM
Error free production lines do not mean thousands of employees.

That is just silly.

I believe he is referring to the entire supply chain, not merely BFL.
Activity: 227
September 04, 2013, 09:36:48 PM

Regards,
Nasser

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 04, 2013, 09:36:38 PM

Regards,
Nasser

Regards,
Nasser

So who's been fired for this massive cluster Mr. CEO? Multiple companies have now designed, sold, built, and shipped ASIC products in the time BFL has been figuring out which end of a soldering gun is which. Who's getting canned?
Activity: 122
September 04, 2013, 09:32:44 PM

Activity: 532
September 04, 2013, 09:27:30 PM

Regards,
Nasser

You really need to learn how to read... he's saying they added 2 months onto the estimate GIVEN them, yet that was still not enough when compared to the ACTUAL delays incurred.  Roll Eyes
September 04, 2013, 09:25:59 PM

Regards,
Nasser

Regards,
Nasser

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2013, 09:21:37 PM

Regards,
Nasser

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
September 04, 2013, 09:19:30 PM

Regards,
Nasser

You should be ashamed to even show your face to customers, never mind justify the abomination. Do not pass go, go directly to jail and enjoy your stay.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
September 04, 2013, 09:19:00 PM
We will do our best to make sure a huge number of products get shipped everyday.

Regards,
Nasser

How goes that August 2013 tape-out? You still going to make that date?
September 04, 2013, 09:14:38 PM

Regards,
Nasser
Pages:
Jump to: