Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL power consumption / Charity Donation - page 4. (Read 9016 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
I'm surprised how civil the majority of BFL preorder folks are.  Just knowing that if they bought BTC instead, or if the orders came even a few months late, how much money they would have made.

I guess if I had money in than I'd really want to believe that the units were always just around the corner. But from my outsider perspective, I can't believe how long people have been strung along with this perpetual 'we are going to ship 2 weeks from now' since, honestly, how many months? 6 ?

The latest April Fools no-joke "shipping" joke would be it.

At least to BFL's credit they are honoring refunds and seem to process these fairly quickly, so there is that.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
https://twitter.com/BFL_News/status/318601948678983681

BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - We will be honoring the 1000 BTC donation to charity.  We haven't decided what charity/ies we will be donating to yet.

/thread
Wait a minute! He didn't honor the seppuku....scammer tag earned!

It's his honor at stake, so that means it's seppuku or the scammer tag. Mods? Please weigh in on this!
The quote never said he actually would do it. Lol.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - We will be honoring the 1000 BTC donation to charity.  We haven't decided what charity/ies we will be donating to yet.

/thread
Wait a minute! He didn't honor the seppuku....scammer tag earned!

It's his honor at stake, so that means it's seppuku or the scammer tag. Mods? Please weigh in on this!
aTg
legendary
Activity: 1358
The greatest act of charity could do is donate those 1000 BTC their poor defrauded customers ...
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261

/thread

So this point is clear now: Not silence but weasel words.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

/thread
Your first 1000 clients should do.
legendary
Activity: 952

/thread
legendary
Well Inaba claims they aren't shipping yet. So they lose numerous bets.

"I want to clarify the above post, as there is some potential confusion. We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post21092
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
I would vote for the donation to be used to encourage nonprofits to accept bitcoin donations.  I can think of at least one local one that could be convinced to put a prominent bitcoin donation button on their web page in exchange for a piece of 1000 BTC.

Just my 0.00000002 BTC

+1

BFL can use this bad publicity to further the bitcoin community.
Activity: 349
BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!
I would vote for the donation to be used to encourage nonprofits to accept bitcoin donations.  I can think of at least one local one that could be convinced to put a prominent bitcoin donation button on their web page in exchange for a piece of 1000 BTC.

Just my 0.00000002 BTC
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
What a car crash of a situation this is.

Obviously if they don't ship anything it doesn't really matter, but if they ship something shortly this will be terrible PR. What I want to know is their projected GP when the power consumption was on track because I can't think of many businesses that wouldn't instantly go bust if they had to send 2 units for every 1 ordered, especially when the pre-order book is huge.

That said, if they manage to stay afloat and do ship, it would be pretty disgusting not to honour this pledge.
Activity: 394
How about equity in BFL? If they built everything using our money we are akin to shareholders anyways. Just a wild thought.

equity in a failed company is worthless btw.

EDIT : Actually could be less than worthless, they may have more debt than assets at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
They will probably donate at the USD rate when the charity claim was announced.
It would make sense for them to do this, Bitcoins have jumped up Pretty Fast...
Dont know if they were just stupid to make a BTC promise, Or really That Full Of Themselves
legendary
I guess they are working to create their own charity organsation fastly to give to themself... Grin
After the refunds they will get, they might as well call themselves a charity.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

That would be the complete scumbag thing to do, and worthy of a scammer tag.
Activity: 297
Activity: 428
I guess they are working to create their own charity organsation fastly to give to themself... Grin

Maybe they could donate it to the World Clown Association

You should suggest them a similar name for their future charity organization  Grin
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

Maybe they could donate it to the World Clown Association

Activity: 428
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Missing their power target means the minirig won't run on a standard house plug, which has a 15 amp breaker.

It also means the Jalapeño won't run on 2 USB 2.0 ports, as was planned.

I guess it might stand a better chance of keeping keeping your coffee warm though, so hey, it's not all bad, right?
You sir, are one astute observer. I had exactly the same thought. Unless they give the Jalapeno's the best chips, there is no real way to ship that particular product and use one USB port.

Unless they ship 2 of them for every 1 you ordered. So the power consumption is low enough to support USB, but then it'll require 2 times as many USB ports. On the bright side, you can put one below and one on top of your drink to keep it nice and warm! If they get any worse with ye power, you may have enough to completely box in your coffee!
Pages:
Jump to: