Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL refused to issue refund because it was paid with bitcoin (via Bitpay) - page 3. (Read 4925 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
If you don't mind sharing, WHEN were your orders placed ? What was the Order Confirmation date for both orders ?

April 17.

THAT'S BULLSHIT !

I can't believe how they treat their customers....and how many customers put up with it.
BFL should be held accountable for some sort of compensation after 8 weeks. This is just ridiculous.

They 'press release' says they are a market leader..blah..blah..blah.
MORE LIKE A FUCKING MARKET JOKE.
Venture Capitol ? YOU are the Venture Capitalist, by allowing them to hold your money for 3 months at times without delivering what they promise to in 1-1.5 months.

Everyone should use Credit Card ONLY and CANCEL THE TRANSACTIONS if product is not received at the 8 week point.
THAT will teach them.

Unfortunately, they have ben lucky, using Bit-Pay and BTC funded of orders, so they have NO OBLIGATION to be speedy, as there is NOTHING you can do about it once paid.

They have ZERO INCENTIVE to maintain reasonable delivery times.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
A few others had mentioned BFL not refunding for BTC purchases.  Caveat Emptor and all...

Would be pro-active of BFL if they more clearly noted that BTC transactions are non-refundable...
Then why the f*ck do they have a guarantee? And where was it stated on their webpage or the order form that there is no cancellation if you pay with bitcoin?

You probably have good grounds to take them to court on it atleast if they insist that they will not give you a refund otherwise.
Merit: 500
A few others had mentioned BFL not refunding for BTC purchases.  Caveat Emptor and all...

Would be pro-active of BFL if they more clearly noted that BTC transactions are non-refundable...
Then why the f*ck do they have a guarantee? And where was it stated on their webpage or the order form that there is no cancellation if you pay with bitcoin?
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
That's the thing with BTC: no charge-backs.
Refund =/= chargeback. However, a refund would net you the USD equivalent, so you wouldn't have as many coins, even if they were able to refund them.

Which brings up a question: what does Bit-Pay offer to a merchant in terms of USD or BTC refunds? If it simply isn't an option, it should probably be added.
If you don't mind sharing, WHEN were your orders placed ? What was the Order Confirmation date for both orders ?

April 17.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
My brother ordered 5 BFL singles with Paypal and 5 singles with bitcoin using Bitpay. He tried to cancel both orders.

BFL refunded the Paypal one, but refused to refund the Bitpay one saying it was non-refundable because it was paid with bitcoins.  WTF?  Angry
They missed their delivery guarantee by a lot. Can't they just issue a check? They could do Paypal too.

I also noticed they quietly removed the delivery guarantee from their website. Didn't it used to be on the right side of the order form?
Are they pretending it never existed?
Does anyone have a screenshot they can send me showing the guarantee for the inevitable lawsuit?

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

I ran into the same thing. I bought at $5.2, and then the price went to $6.5. However, after I couldn't refund, I told them I wanted to transfer my order of 1 single to 4 Jalapenos, and Jody said that when my Single was ready to ship, she would contact me again with further transfer options. I really don't know what that means, but we'll go with it haha. I just want my ASICs before anyone else. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
That's the thing with BTC: no charge-backs.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

My brother ordered 5 BFL singles with Paypal and 5 singles with bitcoin using Bitpay. He tried to cancel both orders.

BFL refunded the Paypal one, but refused to refund the Bitpay one saying it was non-refundable because it was paid with bitcoins.  WTF?  Angry
They missed their delivery guarantee by a lot. Can't they just issue a check? They could do Paypal too.

I also noticed they quietly removed the delivery guarantee from their website. Didn't it used to be on the right side of the order form?
Are they pretending it never existed?
Does anyone have a screenshot they can send me showing the guarantee for the inevitable lawsuit?
Pages:
Jump to: