Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture? - page 2. (Read 26181 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 19, 2012, 08:57:01 PM
You don't need a Moderator. You just need Local Thread Rules.
People who don't follow them, you report them and the posts get deleted. If they prevaricate they'll likely get banned for a cool off period.

What?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prevaricate
Synonyms
evade, shift.

What didn't you understand?

That word does not mean what you think it means, but good for you, trying to improve yourself.

It doesn't? Tell me more about it, then... And leave the tired clichés out of it.

It would work with better grammar.

So? Any tips to improve the grammar?

Actually I literally used your example "evade". I think your use of the word is okay.

Except for saying "they they'll". That is nasty! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
September 19, 2012, 08:54:27 PM
I will tell you why we didn't "come forward with all this information before" when you can tell me why you think it's relevant?  Please explain how the past affects the products you've already received (because you have received products right?  I mean, you're not here just complaining and you aren't even a customer, correct?) and how it will affect the products in the future.  If you can explain that, then I will explain why the information wasn't disclosed before.  Otherwise, it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not BFL has produced and shipped products in the past or in the future, does it?

1) It's relevant when taking pre-orders.  Had this information been known before Singles shipped, what do you think the investment would have been?  (I.e., that's fraud.)  Had this been known up to the point where BFL had a reasonable percentage of space parts on hand, the FTC would happily have gotten involved and shut down the company.  It has nothing to do with how it affects the products received afterward, because it's still nearly indistinguishable from a Ponzi. (I *love* that this is a valid argument on this forum.)  In fact, it's a "ponzi" run by a convicted felon, not just someone who was charged with passing bad checks.  Do you see how this looks?  Every single offering that is of more value than the previous just increases the correlation with "a classic ponzi," even if it's natural company growth.  BFL has created suspicion and doubt through its failures to meet its promises.  This information makes it seem as if it was part of a scheme rather than through incompetence or inexperience.

2) Is Inaba the "I only speak for myself so I can be an ass to customers" identity or do you actually speak for the company in this persona?  What does BFL_Josh have to say about this?

I like BFL's products once they get dialed in (even if they're ghetto right now), but its customer relations are really, really bad.  They've only gotten more adversarial since you joined the company.

Is it worrisome that the owner of BFL has a sorted past? For myself it does add a bit of concern over my investment, but I will reserve judgment until such time as it is clear they have delivered or defaulted in some way.

I enjoy supporting companies and teams that enrich the BTC community. Do not forget that other enterprises promising ASIC's designed devices will be soon released for use in the Bitcoin network. Hopefully in the near future,  BFL will be as successful in introducing their ASIC offering as they were with their FPGA powered devices.
Activity: 476
September 19, 2012, 08:51:46 PM
...see how bad a forum is for a live dialog and there are just a few people participating in this discussion. Add another fifty or several hundred and it will be indecipherable
Actually, I doubt that any kind of 'live' forum is appropriate.

I suggest compiling a list of questions, in text, that BFL will reply to, in text.
With a follow-up round of questions and responses.

This allows pre-meditation on both sides. (And, hopefully, time to consider tone and etiquette.)

-- edit --

And time and publicity needs to be allowed to gather the questions. An announcement and solicitation needs be posted to all the relevant threads of BFL interest.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
September 19, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
People who don't follow them, you report them and the posts get deleted. If they prevaricate they'll likely get banned for a cool off period.

What?

Synonyms
evade, shift.

That word does not mean what you think it means, but good for you, trying to improve yourself.

It doesn't? Tell me more about it, then... And leave the tired clichés out of it.

So? Any tips to improve the grammar?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 19, 2012, 08:49:36 PM
I am going to go eat some dinner  - Hopefully you guys will be able to come to a working consensus on a workable town hall process and perhaps even agree on what prevaricate means
September 19, 2012, 08:47:00 PM
...see how bad a forum is for a live dialog and there are just a few people participating in this discussion. Add another fifty or several hundred and it will be indecipherable
Activity: 364
September 19, 2012, 08:45:32 PM

What?

Synonyms
evade, shift.

September 19, 2012, 08:44:43 PM
I would suggest, webex, Live meeting, Reddit or any other webcast technology. The reason why is that VOIP can be used so that answers that require complex explanations can be fully explained. I think typing out, the kind if inquiries that are likely to come across, may prove daunting and tedious, plus expose the answers to misinterpretation as so often happens with emails and forum discussions  (as evidenced in this thread here)

While I don't think I want to hear the speaking voices of most of the people here, I agree in part.  However, a lot of people who would be comfortable typing (hey, we're all forum nerds, right?) would not be especially comfortable or composed on a phone call with hundreds of people listening.

I do think that you would serve as a reasonable nomination for moderator, if a moderator is called for.  You seem pragmatic and even-keeled, even if we don't agree on legal issues.

In a webcast the speaker would just be Sonny and Perhaps Josh. The questions would be submitted via the webcast (eg typed by people participating and listening) then moderated and handed off the the speaker to answer
legendary
September 19, 2012, 08:43:47 PM

What?

Synonyms
evade, shift.

That word does not mean what you think it means*, but good for you, trying to improve yourself.

It doesn't? Tell me more about it, then... And leave the *boring clichés out of it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evade
e·vade
   [ih-veyd] verb, e·vad·ed, e·vad·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. to escape from by trickery or cleverness: to evade one's pursuers.
2. to get around by trickery: to evade rules.
3. to avoid doing or fulfilling: to evade an obligation.
4. to avoid answering directly: to evade a question.
5. to elude; escape: The solution evaded him.
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
September 19, 2012, 08:42:08 PM

What?

Synonyms
evade, shift.

Activity: 476
September 19, 2012, 08:41:29 PM
The reason why is that VOIP can be used so that answers that require complex explanations can be fully explained.
My concern with any VOIP interaction is that there is no persistent record.

Parties involved have shown their willingness to deny/erase prior statements.

plus forums are terrible for town halls as you get simultaneous linear threads that conflict with each other  - like now as we discuss the best way to accomplish a town hall
What other threads are in simultaneous conflict with this conversation, please?
donator
September 19, 2012, 08:40:51 PM
I would suggest, webex, Live meeting, Reddit or any other webcast technology. The reason why is that VOIP can be used so that answers that require complex explanations can be fully explained. I think typing out, the kind if inquiries that are likely to come across, may prove daunting and tedious, plus expose the answers to misinterpretation as so often happens with emails and forum discussions  (as evidenced in this thread here)

While I don't think I want to hear the speaking voices of most of the people here, I agree in part.  However, a lot of people who would be comfortable typing (hey, we're all forum nerds, right?) would not be especially comfortable or composed on a phone call with hundreds of people listening.

I do think that you would serve as a reasonable nomination for moderator, if a moderator is called for.  You seem pragmatic and even-keeled, even if we don't agree on legal issues.
legendary
September 19, 2012, 08:40:18 PM

What?

Synonyms
evade, shift.

September 19, 2012, 08:39:07 PM
plus forums are terrible for town halls as you get simultaneous linear threads that conflict with each other  - like now as we discuss the best way to accomplish a town hall
September 19, 2012, 08:35:23 PM
For the town hall, what about IRC or is that too esoteric for a lot of people?  And when?  I will absolutely make this happen ASAP if we can agree on a time and place.

IRC will just get nasty.  At the very least, people can nick flood the channel.

Plus, given the #btcst-trust and other débâcles lately, it may be best to have an open, durable, but not real-time forum.  Can anyone set up an AMA on Reddit?  At least there will be the opportunity to vote down Hyde Reeses funfests and focus on specific, targeted, questions.

donator
September 19, 2012, 08:34:59 PM

What?
legendary
September 19, 2012, 08:33:39 PM
I've got an appointment to get to... if someone wants to contact a mod and explain what we want to do, that  would be great (and it would keep me from being implicated as trying to game the situation).  I will talk to Sonny and get things going from this end as well.

donator
September 19, 2012, 08:31:56 PM
That's getting a bit complicated, lets keep it to the forums at least for the time being.  I would like to get a mod to keep an eye on it and take care of the griefers, but any legitimate, rational discourse would be welcomed.

Which mod would agree and would be agreeable to everyone?

The linear nature of the forums would preclude multiple threads of detailed interaction.
donator
September 19, 2012, 08:29:59 PM
For the town hall, what about IRC or is that too esoteric for a lot of people?  And when?  I will absolutely make this happen ASAP if we can agree on a time and place.

IRC will just get nasty.  At the very least, people can nick flood the channel.

Plus, given the #btcst-trust and other débâcles lately, it may be best to have an open, durable, but not real-time forum.  Can anyone set up an AMA on Reddit?  At least there will be the opportunity to vote down Hyde Reeses funfests and focus on specific, targeted, questions.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
September 19, 2012, 08:29:39 PM
Be mindful to check pickforks and torches at the door.
Pages:
Jump to: