Pages:
Author

Topic: {BFL} WHAT THE!! ButterflyLads WONT deliver the Monarch Till...ONLY GOD KNOWs?:( - page 4. (Read 47940 times)

vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Josh: "...good for the bitcoin community as a whole..."

If there was a Bitcoin carnival and Josh offered himself up to be pelted with a water balloon for $1 donated to charity, I would be in line with $10k.  I will escrow with theymos and put up the $10K in BTC.  I'm sure the line would extend out of Kansas City.

What a noble gentleman  Lips sealed

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8738-august-10th-production-update-discussion-3.html#post85185

The 1/3 plan was decided on before I came aboard.  All the plans seemed to have unhappy people, and this plan seems to be the best fit (as decided by the community) to have the least amount of unhappy people as possible.  As it stands now, it seems like you have a minimum of a 66% chance of being in the first batch, depending on when you ordered.  If it was exceptionally early, then you have a nearly 100% chance.  Those are dang good odds.

Remember the 1/3 Plan? Worked out well for ALL the customers with nary a complaint.  Roll Eyes

BFL stuck to their guns with 1/3 Plan supposedly agreed upon by the community until, that was, it was time to ship, then The Plan went out the window.

October 13: Unlikely, but not impossible
November 4: Possible

BFL has said that units of all types will come out at about the same time.

This is correct.
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
Josh: "...good for the bitcoin community as a whole..."

If there was a Bitcoin carnival and Josh offered himself up to be pelted with a water balloon for $1 donated to charity, I would be in line with $10k.  I will escrow with theymos and put up the $10K in BTC.  I'm sure the line would extend out of Kansas City.

What a noble gentleman  Lips sealed
update from your boy Josh:

"I've always tried to do right by the miners, and being a former miner myself I've always been keenly aware of how miners think. On occasion I am overruled here about various points in the past. However, with the new plan, I think everyone is going to be pretty pleased within the context of having miners now vs months ago. I know the most desirable outcome was to have miners a long time ago, but since that didn't happen, I think our new package is going to satisfy the majority, if not everyone. Especially given the fact that as it stands at the moment, you should be able to decide on our offering or a full refund up until your product actually ships, giving you the most flexible option possible.

As I said, if I were mining today and were presented with the options we will be offering, I would be as satisfied as possible short of having my miners months ago. I'm actually pretty exited to announce it."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8738-august-10th-production-update-discussion-3.html

They promised Nov '13 shipping, and haven't shipped yet. Difficulty has increased over 20x. If they compensate with 20x hashrate then I'd believe Josh. Anything less and he's simply a liar.

Pretty much this.  Josh hasn't mined since 2012 - he doesn't know jack shit about how the miners think or he wouldn't be telling us to put on our big boy pants.

If they do the right thing they would offer 1GH/s per dollar spent on the Monarch and host it for free (which is the going rate for bought hardware and colocation).  If they can't do this then they need to ship 21x the hasrate in whatever miner they can buy a bulk discount in (I doubt most home users can host 21x hashrate).  Short of these 2 solutions no miner would see what BFL does as a resolution - only a legal maneuver to avoid criminal incrimination.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

"I've always tried to do right by the miners, and being a former miner myself I've always been keenly aware of how miners think. On occasion I am overruled here about various points in the past. However, with the new plan, I think everyone is going to be pretty pleased within the context of having miners now vs months ago. I know the most desirable outcome was to have miners a long time ago, but since that didn't happen, I think our new package is going to satisfy the majority, if not everyone. Especially given the fact that as it stands at the moment, you should be able to decide on our offering or a full refund up until your product actually ships, giving you the most flexible option possible.

As I said, if I were mining today and were presented with the options we will be offering, I would be as satisfied as possible short of having my miners months ago. I'm actually pretty exited to announce it."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8738-august-10th-production-update-discussion-3.html

They promised Nov '13 shipping, and haven't shipped yet. Difficulty has increased over 20x. If they compensate with 20x hashrate then I'd believe Josh. Anything less and he's simply a liar.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
All of you guys complaining and nobody doing a single thing about it...that is sad...

What ever happened to old fashioned revenge?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Can i ask something? There is no law in the usa and let this companies to scam people forever? Here in europe they will be closed in days and all of them will be in jail.

www.alpha-t.net is still in business....been scamming people for months UK company..won't give 30% down payment back paid with paypal and cc for example
they got rid of paypal and thus cc option with no refund policy they claim all bitcoin mining is a business and they can keep your 30% down payment .the only
way to get it back is to pay them the last 70% in wire xfer or bitcoin..for a product they promised in july 15h to ship and now say end of September

i got $$ with a lot of effort thru amex on my cc order thru paypal anyone not with cc is getting reamed..

maybe they will have better luck regulation wise in the UK and EU..but it moves so slow they likely will just go bankrupt imho

Searing
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Can i ask something? There is no law in the usa and let this companies to scam people forever? Here in europe they will be closed in days and all of them will be in jail.

We have lots more lawyers here.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Am still surprised that BFL are still around scamming people and they have not been closed down yet. So happy stuck well away from them
Activity: 263
Never listen to liars.  It just muddies your view of reality.
copper member
Clueless!

Update from your boy Inabobo/ joshy
"We have been working on a way to make everyone happy and I think we have come up with a pretty good plan. We are finalizing the details this week, so at should have at least preliminaries details for everyone in the next few days hopefully. As a former miner, I would be happy with the plan. I realize it may not satisfy everyone, but I think it will go a long way to making everyone comfortable with their purchase and address the above issue(s) as well."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8738-august-10th-production-update-discussion-2.html

Roll Eyes

no more refunds imho...they are gonna just 1) offer you their 'next product ..ie vaporware plan

2) say they are gonna compensate your for 1 year at 600gh FREE and your monarch purchase is complete!

3) some combo if you take hosting they will 'promise' you their new improved next vaporware in the future product

4) you will have to CHOOSE one of the above in that they 'unfortunately' can't give refunds as to their "no timeline' TOS

and the merry go round starts again for the 2014-2015 Circus.....ah another season of lies/betrayal/back stabbing/destruction/disillusionment...heck BFL is the
the Game of Thrones of the ASIC world! (heh red wedding)

Searing

vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

"We have been working on a way to make everyone happy and I think we have come up with a pretty good plan. We are finalizing the details this week, so at should have at least preliminaries details for everyone in the next few days hopefully. As a former miner, I would be happy with the plan. I realize it may not satisfy everyone, but I think it will go a long way to making everyone comfortable with their purchase and address the above issue(s) as well."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8738-august-10th-production-update-discussion-2.html

Roll Eyes

We have been working on a way to make everyone happy.  Smiley Grin Kiss

I think we have come up with a pretty good plan.

We are finalizing the details this week.

So at should have at least preliminaries details for everyone in the next few days hopefully.

As a former miner,

I would be happy with the plan.

I realize it may not satisfy everyone.

I think it will go a long way.

To making everyone comfortable.

Their purchase and address the above issue(s) as well.

Reading between the lines, there won't be any Monarchs, and all will be compensated with some subpar plan that BFL thinks you will be happy with.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
frigging warped wonderland these asic mnfg live in ..but hey if it works don't fix it
If there is anything we know about Josh Zerlan and Sonny Vleisides of Butterfly Labs, it's that they both have well documented experience with fraudulent behavior, as well as open contempt for the law and ethical behavior; nevermind their customer service efforts and failures (Read: Effectively being forced to issue refunds against their originally stated and legally dubious terms... or firing their customers for their own shortcomings...)

Again, well documented on these forums and elsewhere.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190031/2014-01-28-USA-v-Vleisides-Transcript :: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs SONNY CHRIS VLEISIDES
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-ksd-2_03-cv-02287/content-detail.html :: 03-2287 - DIRECTV INC V. PUCCINELLI ET AL.

As idealistically wonderful it is to think that a tiger can change it's stripes, isn't it ironic that they are sadly becoming an endangered species ? Sad
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
copper member
Clueless!
At least BFL is being consistent. Consistently over-estimating their delivery dates, right? Did anyone not think this is a likely outcome?

I must admit I expected them to ship the 'doorstops' before August 2014 that is for sure.....I got (thru dumb luck on their 6 month refund
offer ...probably due to class action and sonny's probation hearing)....the monarch for my 65mm stuff and $$$ and got it all back..but
figured back then with the 65mm it was gonna be a doorstop then (nov/dec 2013) or a doorstop later (according to Josh dec 2014 ..I
figured feb/march 2014....I mean NO ONE could do such a thing TWICE (2013 and 2014) and EXPECT to stay in business w/o FTC
and other public servants...shutting down such a fraud?..I mean surely investigative journalism like bitcoin talk magazine would step
in and expose this scam? (er wait BFL add is still on 2nd page behind cover...er shudder)

er ..oops .. I was wrong...silly me you can play such a ponzi scheme if you (imho) 1) settle with the class action suit 2) settle with
regulatory agencies coming after you .....and eventually bankrupting the company to take the liabilities and $$$ fall

er I mean you announce tapeout last august 2013 and you can't ship the item yet till  agust 2014..come on ..the mind boggles....
...how are you keeping the doors open?

again ponzi scheme ..mine like hell with ..even made for your use 65mm product....don't deliver...pay off 1) and 2) above.....bankrupt BFL and walk

flawless...personal miners saved (check) personal assets safe (check) complicated piece of asic equip that would be cutting edge IF
it actually would work in a case and heat issues etc....(use to claim we tried to grasp to far on our cutting edge stuff) ie the mtgox
defense Mark K. look very very sorry and look very very stupid...still not against the law to drive a corp in the ground for being stupid (check)

bitcoin mined all this time as main BFL activity squirreled away (check) and then give them GH on this pool that MIGHT get the customers
1 BTC lifetime at 600gh ..actually say 1/2 btc...and keep all that non refundable btc and usd ....

it just plain has to be so you can't have a MANUFACTURING PLANT with MORE then 100 employees and
NOT make anything of note what the hell are they doing ..can't be selling that many jallys if they are dumping them
on walmart and tigerdirect.com (but that 65mm sure works keen on your EMC mining farm!) from DEC 2013 till now
AUG 2014.......

UNLESS...you are just using NON-REFUNDABLE $$$ (pure profit or heck if BFL has to give it back it is quite the startup $$$) to MINE
way back in the day when difficulty was LESS THEN 1PH or whatever it once was then pay back or get equip (er not so much) to
the customers who can't get a refund with the profits...

again I got a refund from just dumb luck and I know it...but it has been worth it as an eye opener on just what a corporation can
get away with these days and keep your $$ w/o any regulatory or other consequences.....good to know...again the mind boggles
they have done this 'promise' of asic stuff since as best I can tell JUNE? was it 2012 when they announced the ASIC's then would ship by
Dec 2012...the 65mm stuff!

frigging warped wonderland these asic mnfg live in ..but hey if it works don't fix it

Searing

Activity: 325
At least BFL is being consistent. Consistently over-estimating their delivery dates, right? Did anyone not think this is a likely outcome?
Approaching the middle of August and still not even a hint of shipping.  So when Josh was talking about hoping to ship out the Monarchs by the end of January, did he accidentally do a Quantum Leap and jump back to 2014 from the year 2016?
Pages:
Jump to: