Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 113. (Read 119834 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Used git fetch origin master to update .7 wallet.
did a make - all seemed well but still pulling  .7 qt
oh well, was going to setup pool mining anyway but keep getting -

17-08-24 02:16:13  ** Started 24.000000 BibleMiner threads. **
2017-08-24 02:16:13 init message: Done loading
2017-08-24 02:16:13 GUI: Platform customization: "other"
2017-08-24 02:16:14 GUI: PaymentServer::LoadRootCAs: Loaded  169  root certificates
2017-08-24 02:16:15 P2P peers available. Skipped DNS seeding.
2017-08-24 02:16:15 dnsseed thread exit
2017-08-24 02:16:51 socket recv error Connection reset by peer (104)
2017-08-24 02:20:06 socket recv error Connection reset by peer (104)
2017-08-24 02:22:07 socket recv error Connection reset by peer (104)

any ideas? thanks!
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
More people will know about C-Cex, more dump will happen... hopefully. I believe in this project and will mine & hold till winter for sure!

I'm sure as coin inflation stacks up (we're at 88M and adding 4M coins a day, will be at 1.5B at years end) the price is likely to initially go back down.  That's partially why I was concerned about sponsoring 74 children for a month instead of being more gradual about it, but we're where we are so we'll go from here.

The two things i feel are holding back the coin right now (aside from being a very young coin) are the pool interface is a bit unstable and can be hard to get into.  I would propose the pool take a 0.5% pool fee, the dev can utilize that for any reason, but hopefully he will put it towards making the pool more robust (no one will miss half a percent, and right now it's the only pool).  The second is the contributions have not yet been independently audited, and I think that would put a lot of trust into the project very very quickly.

One other thing that would be good would to express at least a range of what Sanctuaries are expected to cost.  The unknown is a dangerous thing to a new coin and just the general idea that they'll be at least "100K and no more than 10M" or whatever the actual realistic range is would give people a target to shoot for.

All things considered though, this project is moving quite nicely with a novel approach to algorithm and a great outlook on charity, with just a tad bit more it could really embolden the core supporters.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
More people will know about C-Cex, more dump will happen... hopefully. I believe in this project and will mine & hold till winter for sure!
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

These are guides I wrote on how to mine BiblePay on Windows and Linux, please use/take/expand them!, or let me know any feedback! Smiley

===

For less skilled computer users, it would be cool if there was some more UI functionality like:
Start Mining, Stop Mining
Set Number of Threads
Current CPU Usage of BiblePay Mining
Enable/Disable Pool, Set Pool Worker Name

I assume that most people on this forum could edit config files with ease, but for the non-techies this could help them get into mining successfully
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
BiblePay doesn't need big exchanges right now. C-CEX is very good old exchange (and it's pretty hard to get listed there). I track the price and trading volume and it looks like these are very stable.
I agree; lets slow down and make a solid coin first.

We could still use a volunteer to write a mining guide PDF for the pool and solo mining.

Please volunteer here so we dont have anyone do double the work.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
BiblePay doesn't need big exchanges right now. C-CEX is very good old exchange (and it's pretty hard to get listed there). I track the price and trading volume and it looks like these are very stable.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Any chance for this coin to get listed on Poloniex?i would like to buy a bag of this
Activity: 406
Any update on getting listed on Bittrex?
Activity: 1890
Merit: 300
Free City Individual
Guys, is there any news about putting biblepay to c-cex? i would like to know if there is a tentative date, because it appears the 15th didn't, so any news dev?

Biblepay is already listed at c-cex for some days: https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc

Oh good Cheesy, the thing is I tough it didn't because there wasn't any link in the ANN, they just put c-cex.com and that's it, thanks for the link then.

Dev, I think you should update the OP regarding the c-cex exchanger. Alot of people will just read through the OP but not whole discussion. Exchanger is an important fact to a coin.

Fixed, thanks.

Glad my coins are worth something now.
But I haven't synced my wallet for some weeks and it says  No block source available. How to fix this? Does I need to install a newer version?
Guys, is there any news about putting biblepay to c-cex? i would like to know if there is a tentative date, because it appears the 15th didn't, so any news dev?

Oh good Cheesy, the thing is I tough it didn't because there wasn't any link in the ANN, they just put c-cex.com and that's it, thanks for the link then.

Dev, I think you should update the OP regarding the c-cex exchanger. Alot of people will just read through the OP but not whole discussion. Exchanger is an important fact to a coin.

Fixed, thanks.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250

Activity: 350

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Activity: 350
Activity: 200
This thread has been getting a lot more activity. Its a good sign to have a wide range of users and the pool seems to be doing well.
those instructions on the reddit page for installing under linux are awesome. i stumbled through it on my own the first time and now want to upgrade to .9 wallet.
if I go through those instructions in order to recompile, do I have to remove anything or will everything be overwritten? do I have to reinstall the berk. db files?

thanks a ton whoever put those in.

You can just git fetch origin master, and it will overwrite the source, then you can skip to 'make'.
I created a subreddit for BiblePay:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/
(Will gladly pass over ownership to the BiblePay devs  Smiley)

What else can we/I do to support and help spread the word about BiblePay?

Maybe a nice pool mining guide PDF?  Then I could put it on our website under Support | Guides?

You could also include step by step Solo mining instructions.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Submitting a Coin to Bittrex
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

"Enhanced Verified Account of team member on Bittrex - This team member must be either a core developer or a major shareholder (10% or more) of a company that backs the development of the coin.  That member will need to submit identifying documents to get their account enhanced verified."

Looks like a team member of the BiblePay team needs to submit for coin to trade on Bittrex
I reached out to Richie at Bittrex already, he knows me, waiting to hear from him.

Great news! Lets hope they want to do their part in supporting the orphans  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
I thought the dev was going to submit info to bittrex some time ago? Could you please update us on this?
Nice to see interest growing for the coin, though i would have liked to mined a little more before the horde came Tongue
Jump to: