Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 117. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
i need help with a recompile.. i have updated but am still running .7 wallet.
I dont have to rebuild the berkely DB etc.. right?
Activity: 126
Can anyone help with a quick linux wallet setup guide?  where to find the complied on github, ect...  Thanks

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Can anyone help with a quick linux wallet setup guide?  where to find the complied on github, ect...  Thanks
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Finally, let me beg the Dev to reconsider sponsoring all 74 orphans at once.  Please look into at the very least, paying a year at a time (which according to compassion.com can be done) and really explore the idea of paying the entire term of an orphan at once to minimize possible disruptions.  I do feel this project has the great potential for a long life, but the disruption a dropped sponsorship can cause to a child is not worth the hope we can help more out at once.  Let the project grow, let it flourish and help the world at a slower but more sustainable rate.

I agree. Sponsoring a child to adulthood in one go would potentially be up to ~$10,000 USD depending on their current age so that's probably not realistic at this point, but yearly sounds doable. Then you could cycle through the sponsorships every liquidation and keep adding years until they're fully funded. It's hard to predict what will happen to crypto 10+ years from now, especially with governments stepping in and attempting to regulate it, so this would minimize damage in the worst case scenario where the project becomes unsustainable.

My thought is this.  74 months of sponsorship would mean we could sponsor a 16 year old to 22 (the average sponsorship ends between age 18 and 22).  Or sponsor 3 16 year olds to 18.  I would suspect these older children are harder to find sponsors for due much like adult pets are harder to find homes for than puppies.  Plus the odds are decent a 16 year old might have lost their sponsor and the damage to them would be mitigated by ensuring their future (and while it's hard to quantify, I'd wager more "good" would be accomplished by picking up children who lost their sponsor than a new child to the system).

Barring that, a minimum of one-year sponsorships should be the goal, with each cycle of Fund Liquidation adding another year to our current orphans before getting new ones.  I understand that saying we're helping 74 children sounds a lot better than 4, but in the end we need to worry less about the public perception and know that fully sponsoring fewer children upfront (but fully funding them for their entire terms) is a far greater good than risking adding 74 children to the "lost sponsorship" rolls on Compassion.com.

Additionally, once sanctuaries are introduced and the DOA occurs, there might be a shift in the priorities away from Compassion.com and it would be devastating to the coin for the Dev to re-assert control to minimize the damage to children (which would in itself do damage to them, but less so) OR devastating to the children we sponsor if the DOA decides to move to a new direction.

When i read whitepaper, i believed this project.As an atheist i love to help people,and i keep going to lead pool on hashrate!
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Finally, let me beg the Dev to reconsider sponsoring all 74 orphans at once.  Please look into at the very least, paying a year at a time (which according to compassion.com can be done) and really explore the idea of paying the entire term of an orphan at once to minimize possible disruptions.  I do feel this project has the great potential for a long life, but the disruption a dropped sponsorship can cause to a child is not worth the hope we can help more out at once.  Let the project grow, let it flourish and help the world at a slower but more sustainable rate.

I agree. Sponsoring a child to adulthood in one go would potentially be up to ~$10,000 USD depending on their current age so that's probably not realistic at this point, but yearly sounds doable. Then you could cycle through the sponsorships every liquidation and keep adding years until they're fully funded. It's hard to predict what will happen to crypto 10+ years from now, especially with governments stepping in and attempting to regulate it, so this would minimize damage in the worst case scenario where the project becomes unsustainable.

My thought is this.  74 months of sponsorship would mean we could sponsor a 16 year old to 22 (the average sponsorship ends between age 18 and 22).  Or sponsor 3 16 year olds to 18.  I would suspect these older children are harder to find sponsors for due much like adult pets are harder to find homes for than puppies.  Plus the odds are decent a 16 year old might have lost their sponsor and the damage to them would be mitigated by ensuring their future (and while it's hard to quantify, I'd wager more "good" would be accomplished by picking up children who lost their sponsor than a new child to the system).

Barring that, a minimum of one-year sponsorships should be the goal, with each cycle of Fund Liquidation adding another year to our current orphans before getting new ones.  I understand that saying we're helping 74 children sounds a lot better than 4, but in the end we need to worry less about the public perception and know that fully sponsoring fewer children upfront (but fully funding them for their entire terms) is a far greater good than risking adding 74 children to the "lost sponsorship" rolls on Compassion.com.

Additionally, once sanctuaries are introduced and the DOA occurs, there might be a shift in the priorities away from Compassion.com and it would be devastating to the coin for the Dev to re-assert control to minimize the damage to children (which would in itself do damage to them, but less so) OR devastating to the children we sponsor if the DOA decides to move to a new direction.
Activity: 70

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
I just used google chrome to log in and out of the pool website just fine, hmmm
Activity: 69
Also; I like the idea of a scheduled and transparent monthly "dump" (if you want to call it that) because it will facilitate buyers knowing when is a good time to get bidding on Biblepay. Next month I'll definitely have a hawkeye on the market. The only reason this month's auction affected the price so heavily is because people like me didn't know it was coming at a specific date and weren't prepared.

Again, let me say that a monthly liquidation should be changed to a weekly liquidation.  And it should occur at a random time between Friday noon and Saturday midnight (or whatever time you "day traders" have noticed the overall crypto markets are generally higher).  Once the fund/price grows to the point where a sale will be over $500 (just picking a number) the sale should be done daily.

This will do two things, one, a more frequent liquidation will lock in the current value, reducing uncertainty for the Orphan Fund.  Two, more frequent (especially daily) liquidations will have less overall impact on the market, keeping it stronger.  Third, by liquidating at a random time once per week (or random time each day), it minimizes the "day trading" effect and gives no one an advantage.  This encourages purchases and sales based solely on the actual strength of the coin or person's belief in the system.

Rational thoughts right there, I agree with your opinion.

Btw, your signature links to some old thread because it's missing a couple of digits.

Press logout a few more times then try to login again.
not working at all but thanks anyway  Smiley

Maybe you have some problem with your browser, possibly Javascript or something of the sort, because I remember you were also the only one that couldn't register. So maybe something prevents you from submitting forms correctly. Did you try from a different browser?

yes i did with microsoft edge , google chrome and mozilla firefox  thanks again no worry i will find other stuff to mine  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
Also; I like the idea of a scheduled and transparent monthly "dump" (if you want to call it that) because it will facilitate buyers knowing when is a good time to get bidding on Biblepay. Next month I'll definitely have a hawkeye on the market. The only reason this month's auction affected the price so heavily is because people like me didn't know it was coming at a specific date and weren't prepared.

Again, let me say that a monthly liquidation should be changed to a weekly liquidation.  And it should occur at a random time between Friday noon and Saturday midnight (or whatever time you "day traders" have noticed the overall crypto markets are generally higher).  Once the fund/price grows to the point where a sale will be over $500 (just picking a number) the sale should be done daily.

This will do two things, one, a more frequent liquidation will lock in the current value, reducing uncertainty for the Orphan Fund.  Two, more frequent (especially daily) liquidations will have less overall impact on the market, keeping it stronger.  Third, by liquidating at a random time once per week (or random time each day), it minimizes the "day trading" effect and gives no one an advantage.  This encourages purchases and sales based solely on the actual strength of the coin or person's belief in the system.

Rational thoughts right there, I agree with your opinion.

Btw, your signature links to some old thread because it's missing a couple of digits.

not working at all but thanks anyway  Smiley

Maybe you have some problem with your browser, possibly Javascript or something of the sort, because I remember you were also the only one that couldn't register. So maybe something prevents you from submitting forms correctly. Did you try from a different browser?
Which CPU would be better and rough estimates of hashes:

7th gen Core i7 7700K 4 core
Xeon E5 2683V4 16 core
Xeon E5 2690V4 14 core

I don't know if numbers from this list correlate to hashing speed, but at least it's somewhat informative. But I see E5-2683 v4 is missing. Nevertheless those E5s seem to be much stronger than 7700K.

Once i close the pool is impossible to log in again after

i did press log out

not working at all but thanks anyway  Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Xeon E5 2683V4 16 core
Xeon E5 2690V4 14 core

I don't know if numbers from this list correlate to hashing speed, but at least it's somewhat informative. But I see E5-2683 v4 is missing. Nevertheless those E5s seem to be much stronger than 7700K.

i did press log out

i did press log out
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

Xeon E5 2683V4 16 core
Xeon E5 2690V4 14 core
How many cores do you have ,btw

16 cores, 32 threads, but now it's on 24. You?

2x 24 cores

1x 16 cores

1x23 cores all rented.
How many cores do you have ,btw

16 cores, 32 threads, but now it's on 24. You?
Merit: 118
Too bad i dont have threaripper, it would rip me an awesome amount of bible
i take the leadership on leaderboard! Grin

Good, finally a non-anon leading the pool. Grin

Maybe I'll catch you when the thread limit is removed. Tongue

Hahah i feel you brat. How many cores do you have ,btw
i take the leadership on leaderboard! Grin