Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 13. (Read 119804 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Need Chinese translation
Activity: 42
Btw, the way I was thinking that pay to preach might work is (that is if P2P is approved in the budget), we create a pool receiving address for P2P, we add a proposal for P2P for say 1Q 2018, when approved, the payment is sent to the pool P2P key.  Then we give the pool the ability to reward "priests" who are on the schedule with subsidies after a successful sermon.  So basically, Priests register on the pool, we set up a biweekly sermon in a chatroom, participants come in, the priest preaches to the biblepay group, then the pool releases the payment after the sermon is over.  We keep doing that until the funds are exhausted, and do not vote on a new P2P campaign until exhausted.  We can add "Priests" and "Sermons" objects to the pool so we can see, and we can add a metric for the P2P balance.

how about the priests register their address and they are paid by the congregation they gather. ie by donation. this is the only way to weed out scammers who 'preach' and are guaranteed payment. and it keeps them on their toes to establish and audience and not loose it.

otherwise you just have a lot of flyby randoms looking for guaranteed payola who may not even preach anything biblical!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

thanks. ive joined the slack and discussion is very light there. i have also applied to the bpay forum and awaiting approval. so im eager to help with dev

also - how did you put the links in your profile footer. id like to do something like that. can you post the stuff here so i can have a template to work from?

I'm quietly working on a signature / footer file set.  The bare bones I'm using now.  But BBCode is pretty simplified HTML, and you can use links by using

Code:
[url=xxx]Link Title[/url]
Nice, will try it.
Btw, the way I was thinking that pay to preach might work is (that is if P2P is approved in the budget), we create a pool receiving address for P2P, we add a proposal for P2P for say 1Q 2018, when approved, the payment is sent to the pool P2P key.  Then we give the pool the ability to reward "priests" who are on the schedule with subsidies after a successful sermon.  So basically, Priests register on the pool, we set up a biweekly sermon in a chatroom, participants come in, the priest preaches to the biblepay group, then the pool releases the payment after the sermon is over.  We keep doing that until the funds are exhausted, and do not vote on a new P2P campaign until exhausted.  We can add "Priests" and "Sermons" objects to the pool so we can see, and we can add a metric for the P2P balance.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
my little upgrade  Wink  for me is best this mine  Tongue

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
I just created a Very Important Poll for BiblePay.

We need everyone here that cares about BiblePay to vote on this topic by December 3rd! 

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=33.0

Only 4 people have voted so far on this important issue with 30 days to go:

We need about 200 votes imo.

Everyone please Give Feedback and Cast a Vote for Budget Allocation discussion!

(If you havent registered an account on the new forum yet, now is a good time!)
Does the team have experience in this sphere?

Please be more specific, the spheres are infinite.

CTYPTO BUBBLES ARE EVEN BIGGER THAN INFINITE SPHERES!
Activity: 22
Keep my eye on.
Does the team have experience in this sphere?

Please be more specific, the spheres are infinite.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101

thanks. ive joined the slack and discussion is very light there. i have also applied to the bpay forum and awaiting approval. so im eager to help with dev

also - how did you put the links in your profile footer. id like to do something like that. can you post the stuff here so i can have a template to work from?

I'm quietly working on a signature / footer file set.  The bare bones I'm using now.  But BBCode is pretty simplified HTML, and you can use links by using

Code:
[url=xxx]Link Title[/url]
Withdrawing BTC from C-CEX is $17:

Yeah I see what you guys mean now- the issue is c-cex has a hardcoded .002 btc fee associated with the withdrawal fee for the symbol BTC in the ledger.
Just like the hardcoded .1 BBP fee for withdrawing BBP.  So its $17 for withdrawing BTC, and 07 cents to withdraw BBP.

Anyway, I can assure you they didnt do this deliberately for highway robbery, it was probably set a long time ago when the pair was entered into their system and they just never changed the withdraw fee.

Why dont you open a ticket with c-cex, and ask them if they will lower it to .0002?  Tell them its outrageous.

Atomic swaps? Like shapeshift?  We can integrate with anyone like shapeshift, since we have not polluted the RPC with any breaking changes.
=-=-=-=-

what i meant was converting bbp to btc. on CCEX the withdrawl fee  is 200k satoshi.

atomic swaps are cross chain exchanges without exchanges.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-are-atomic-swaps/

im wondering the derived code base supports that (or can support it in the future)

Oh OK, thanks.
Since atomic swaps are so new no one is really doing a lot in Prod yet, it looks like they are executing some in bitcoin testnet as HTLCs and it looks like the developers on the Lightning Network have their own version of atomic swaps coming out (by using channels).

We could Potentially support one or the other or both, possibly, in the future.  We have to see what kind of adoption the LN network has.  If we went that direction we would need to consider running an LN server somewhere on our network, to host the actual channel.

On the bitcoin side, the script language already supports the HTLC's - the hash time locked contracts, however BIP199 is not integrated in our codebase fully, but if need be, I think we could merge the rest of it in.

This is something Im very interested in.  Actually the retirement account project has a very similar requirement - to facilitate a colored coin trustless trades.

I would not mind merging in BIP 199 as a side project and testing an HTLC in BBP.  I was thinking last week of potentially creating a multiwallet, that allows storage of many different type of altcoin keys in one wallet, maybe in the Biblepay wallet.  With these two features together, we could potentially host a single wallet with multiple balances.  

The issue of course is the rolling blockchain.  But it would be cool to tackle bitcoin + biblepay and stop there.  The sanctuaries could potentially run bitcoin daemons, and maybe, we could have our own atomic trades between BTC -> BBP.  That would be a pretty good value add for us.

The other is, the Christmas release is the next big milepost and it's asking a lot of the Dev to develop and try to get listed, knowing there will be a new wallet version that has to be pushed out.

id like to be involved in wallet work. where is this being organized ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Reference: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22513091

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
The other is, the Christmas release is the next big milepost and it's asking a lot of the Dev to develop and try to get listed, knowing there will be a new wallet version that has to be pushed out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Reference: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22513091

There is a Slack group, there was a link a while back to it, but if nothing else you could contact the Dev via PM here.

I Want More BBP, You Want Some Things For Biblepay
But mining BBP is only paying me 100 BBP per day,
and I want to have more BBP than what I can get from mining BBP.
Therefore I am asking to be paid more BBP,
to provide information, or to provide my work to get biblepay BBP added for trading at another exchange.

Before I do any of that, I want to be paid more BBP.

PM me to discuss

Sir or madam, I again appreciate your enthusiasm for the coin.  However, at this stage, there really isn't a budget to do most things.  Either give freely to the community and show your value with the hope others might donate or the coin will strengthen and your own position will appreciate, or wait until such a time there is a budget.  You come across poorly when you continually beg for BBP and you can be a stronger asset to the coin if you contribute to the discussion and development.
The two main issues I see at this time with getting BBP on another exchange are most of the good ones are pretty expensive to get listed and there is no pre-mine to pay for it (and fundraising ten thousand dollars might be pretty tough).  The other is, the Christmas release is the next big milepost and it's asking a lot of the Dev to develop and try to get listed, knowing there will be a new wallet version that has to be pushed out.

C-Cex is a decent exchange, it's easy to sign up for, has good up time and the prices are generally in line with most other exchanges.  It has the issues common to exchanges dealing in smaller volume coins, which are limited trading pairs and expensive fiat movement.  If you purchase BTC on one of the major exchanges (cheaper, safer) then move it to C-Cex it's not expensive to do if you're dealing with modest sums.  Selling BBP for BTC is a bit trickier to do cheaply and might be cheaper to do a two step sale, sell for BTC, then buy a cheaper to transfer coin like ETH or LTC or DASH and trade them back on the major exchange to cash out.

Before I do any of that, I want to be paid more BBP.

Do you want 2526.18 BBP?

There is a bounty on the pool page to write letters to the orphans. i imagine that would take a days work only?

Pages:
Jump to: