Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 134. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
My mate got double of my hash, 8 hours no hit. Someone must be very lucky! Also a question for the dev, when i choose setgenerate true XX where XX is a number, what does it mean? I got 4 cores but set it at 9, as i then use 80% of CPU. If it is threads maybe i spit out alot of rubbish hash

It's the number of threads. You kind of just have to play around with it until you optimize it currently. I'm running multiple rigs, some max out at 2 threads per core, others at 3 or 4 threads per core, so it's highly dependent on hardware.

As far as mining, solo mining is all probability. If you're contributing 1% of the network hashrate, then you have a 1% chance of mining each block. Given 100 blocks, there's a ~63% chance that you'd mine at least one of them, but that's also a pretty good chance that you might get nothing. Even after 300 blocks, there's still a ~5% probability of mining nothing, so it's not unreasonable that streaks like this would happen occasionally. And obviously the odds are worse the lower your hashrate is relative to the total network hashrate.

The mining pool is currently in testing, which will remove a lot of the randomness from the mining process.
Activity: 200
Merit: 101
Updated to the latest wallet and it upped my mining hash a decent amount on a stock i7-7700

{
  "blocks": 2403,
  "currentblocksize": 1282,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 0.02057168407116625,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 17,
  "network_khashps": 7580.079010145719,
  "hashps": 293872.8655474243,
  "minerstarttime": "08-09-2017 15:20:56",
  "pooledtx": 1,
  "testnet": false,
  "chain": "main",
  "biblepay-generate": true,
  "poolinfo1": "",
  "poolinfo2": "",
  "poolinfo3": "",
  "poolmining": false
}
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
My mate got double of my hash, 8 hours no hit. Someone must be very lucky! Also a question for the dev, when i choose setgenerate true XX where XX is a number, what does it mean? I got 4 cores but set it at 9, as i then use 80% of CPU. If it is threads maybe i spit out alot of rubbish hash
Activity: 78
So how exactly do you use the Bible in the mining algorithm?  Huh
Activity: 76
I'm very excited about this project and pleased to see that the developer is so active.
Bought more BBP at C-CEX.
Keep up the great work!
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Every time I recompile from source I end up with version 1.0.7 not the latest, what am I missing/doing wrong?

I simply backed up the wallet, removed all trace of Biblepay and recompiled..

System is Linux Mint.

Finally, great coin, great project i'll be here for the long haul!
I think that is a rare issue, last time that happened to me I did a
git reset --hard HEAD
and then I was able to see the latest commit.  You should see 1.0.1.9 now.

Huh Still unable to solve this issue, also be aware I am a novice at linux.

Maybe someone else besides the main dev could help me out with this?

Make a new git clone and install correctly. There are tutorial thats works for biblepay too
https://michael.mckinnon.id.au/2016/05/13/building-a-namecoin-server-with-ubuntu-16-04/
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Every time I recompile from source I end up with version 1.0.7 not the latest, what am I missing/doing wrong?

System is Linux Mint.

git reset --hard HEAD

Huh Still unable to solve this issue, also be aware I am a novice at linux.

Maybe someone else besides the main dev could help me out with this?
Activity: 221
Merit: 100

10-4 on Bittrex.

this is an awesome news.  is it Oct 4th   ?
Activity: 906
Merit: 500
Hmm, i still have not received a new block. 9 hours with this hash should give 3 blocks.
Before that i had lower hash but also lower network hash. Is it even mining or have i had bad luck for 4 days?

"blocks": 2392,
  "currentblocksize": 1395,
  "difficulty": 0.0174789084903728,
  "genproclimit": 10,
  "network_khashps": 7014.259406279896,
  "hashps": 223427.3790059684,
  "minerstarttime": "08-09-2017 05:04:45",
}

You might be a bit unlucky there, according to the stats you have about 3% of the network hashrate so you should hit on average a a block every 30-33 blocks which is about 4 hours.  Its not unusual to see blocks taking 200-300% of their avg time.  Be patient and switch to the pool when it will be ready, the payments should be more frequent.
Hmm, i still have not received a new block. 9 hours with this hash should give 3 blocks.
Before that i had lower hash but also lower network hash. Is it even mining or have i had bad luck for 4 days?

"blocks": 2392,
  "currentblocksize": 1395,
  "difficulty": 0.0174789084903728,
  "genproclimit": 10,
  "network_khashps": 7014.259406279896,
  "hashps": 223427.3790059684,
  "minerstarttime": "08-09-2017 05:04:45",
}
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Can someone help me to make config settings for Google Cloud Virtual Machine?

If i can mine with that Pc,it will be cool. But i dont know this tech.

Want to mine biblepay with VM!

Who can help me

Bounty

0.005 BTC
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Updated to new wallet. What  am wondering. On previous coins when setting mining active it did not mine/use CPU power before blocks were synced.
Here it is showing mining as active when there is no block source available / not yet synced and it utilize cpu 100%.

I am asuming mining done until sync is waste, but will it start mining real blocks when synced?
We have a setting in our consensus params that will stop the wallet from mining on a dead chain.
Right now, that setting is Off since we allow debugging.  We can turn that On when we enable the sanctuaries.
As far as syncing, I belive the problem is the external node just hit 501 connections this morning and thats more than it can handle.
Please try:
addnode=biblepay.inspect.network

In the mean time I will raise our limit here to 800 connections.

Thank you for the response. It synced shortly after, but i let the question stay for the next time i reboot and others.
If i start mining before sync it mines a dead chain. When it is synced, will it then auto go for the live chain? I waited for sync to be sure and restartet mining.

Exciting to hear you have contacted bittrex! If it goes live there we can see a nice increase in volume, and probably big pumps of price. More for the miners, but also more for charity!

Yeah, the miner actually checks the tip of the chain every 15 seconds and creates a new block based on the active chain, so no worries there.

10-4 on Bittrex.

So, I think for us to run a fair and transparent charitable DAO, I would like to add a ground rule for BiblePay dumping the foundation orphan wallet on the exchange, so that we are fair for investors and miners.  We will dump the orphanage wallet on the third Friday of every month through the day.  That is August 18th this month, all coins get dumped.  So buyers be ready.  100% of the resulting BTC goes to sponsor orphans at compassion.com.  (We will have a dedicated compassion account, so it is easier for us to post the pictures and orphan IDs back on the site and in-wallet within approx 7 days of the dump- this will give us time to set up our database with orphan IDs and pictures, etc).

Updated to new wallet. What  am wondering. On previous coins when setting mining active it did not mine/use CPU power before blocks were synced.
Here it is showing mining as active when there is no block source available / not yet synced and it utilize cpu 100%.

I am asuming mining done until sync is waste, but will it start mining real blocks when synced?
We have a setting in our consensus params that will stop the wallet from mining on a dead chain.
Right now, that setting is Off since we allow debugging.  We can turn that On when we enable the sanctuaries.
As far as syncing, I belive the problem is the external node just hit 501 connections this morning and thats more than it can handle.
Please try:

Thank you for the response. It synced shortly after, but i let the question stay for the next time i reboot and others.
If i start mining before sync it mines a dead chain. When it is synced, will it then auto go for the live chain? I waited for sync to be sure and restartet mining.

Exciting to hear you have contacted bittrex! If it goes live there we can see a nice increase in volume, and probably big pumps of price. More for the miners, but also more for charity!
Should also get BiblePay on coinmarketcap if possible Smiley
Yes, good idea.  Can someone reach out to the owner of coinmarketcap?
Dev when is Light-send coin mixing being implement?

on a serious note.
I'm all for donations and helping others so I will be watching this, interesting project.
Towards the end of the year; I think we will have collected the sanctuary parameter info as of Thanksgiving, and then give everyone about 30 days to get ready to run them, and hopefully go live very close to Christmas, unless something delays us.

It will be nice to enable instant send also, so no confirmation time will be necessary to use our payment system despite having 7 minute blocks.
Mining on my Ubuntu PC, with an i7 I got this error after a few hours:
Code:
Floating point exception (core dumped)
with the newest update from today.

Were you pool mining, or did you have any pool settings set up at that time, and which chain were you on?

My testnet pool miner did something strange at 03:00am this morning, but my solo miners are all still running fine.  I think there is one thing we need to fix in the pool before we can go live with pool mining, and that may be the same thing you report here possibly.

Should also get BiblePay on coinmarketcap if possible Smiley

Please try:

System is Linux Mint.

git reset --hard HEAD
Were live on our first exchange!

Thanks C-CEX, you are our premiere exchange.

https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc

Seems you are offline, probably working on the pool code Smiley But could i ask if there are any process going on to get listed on more exchanges?
Bittrex would be very nice, but smaller ones also help. Not much volume on C-CEX, though it is the first day. Would like to see the price go to 100+ satoshi and beyond. Its a good project, not many cpu coins which makes the coins spread to a larger amount as we dont have alot of multi cpu farms out there! Smiley A true decentralized currency, with the good donations on top to the less fortunate people on the planet!
I reached out to Bittrex and Poloniex a couple days ago, waiting for reply Smiley.
Jump to: