Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 131. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
what kind of mining rig would one use for
PROOF OF BIBLEHASH (POBh)
I'm assuming its GPUs but just wanted clarification, thanks in advance
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is the most recent wallet version?

Biblepay Core version 1.0.1.9 (64-bit)

For some reason after rebooting the wallet it gets stuck on the synchronization at 0 hours behind?

I got the same, but it only took some time. Try to leave it on for some time.

Same here as well.  If in a rush go to Roaming/BiBlePay copy out the Biblepay.conf and your Wallet.dat.  Delete the rest.  paste back in the two files and the rest rebuilds on launch.
The wallet seems to be synchronized even though it shows the progress bar with "0 hours behind" because it starts to mine at that time.

Also I figured out that the wallet will display correctly simply after one block has been found on the network while it's running.
Activity: 116
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is the most recent wallet version?

Biblepay Core version 1.0.1.9 (64-bit)

For some reason after rebooting the wallet it gets stuck on the synchronization at 0 hours behind?

I got the same, but it only took some time. Try to leave it on for some time.

Same here as well.  If in a rush go to Roaming/BiBlePay copy out the Biblepay.conf and your Wallet.dat.  Delete the rest.  paste back in the two files and the rest rebuilds on launch.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
Updated to new wallet. What  am wondering. On previous coins when setting mining active it did not mine/use CPU power before blocks were synced.
Here it is showing mining as active when there is no block source available / not yet synced and it utilize cpu 100%.

I am asuming mining done until sync is waste, but will it start mining real blocks when synced?
We have a setting in our consensus params that will stop the wallet from mining on a dead chain.
Right now, that setting is Off since we allow debugging.  We can turn that On when we enable the sanctuaries.
As far as syncing, I belive the problem is the external node just hit 501 connections this morning and thats more than it can handle.
Please try:
addnode=biblepay.inspect.network

In the mean time I will raise our limit here to 800 connections.

Thank you for the response. It synced shortly after, but i let the question stay for the next time i reboot and others.
If i start mining before sync it mines a dead chain. When it is synced, will it then auto go for the live chain? I waited for sync to be sure and restartet mining.

Exciting to hear you have contacted bittrex! If it goes live there we can see a nice increase in volume, and probably big pumps of price. More for the miners, but also more for charity!

Yeah, the miner actually checks the tip of the chain every 15 seconds and creates a new block based on the active chain, so no worries there.

10-4 on Bittrex.

So, I think for us to run a fair and transparent charitable DAO, I would like to add a ground rule for BiblePay dumping the foundation orphan wallet on the exchange, so that we are fair for investors and miners.  We will dump the orphanage wallet on the third Friday of every month through the day.  That is August 18th this month, all coins get dumped.  So buyers be ready.  100% of the resulting BTC goes to sponsor orphans at compassion.com.  (We will have a dedicated compassion account, so it is easier for us to post the pictures and orphan IDs back on the site and in-wallet within approx 7 days of the dump- this will give us time to set up our database with orphan IDs and pictures, etc).

To reduce the negative impact on prices on the exchange, perhaps you should offer to buy the entire package of charity coins in bulk at an affordable price? In a special branch. Buy one whose offer will be higher. How do you look at it?
Merit: 103
I think there's definitely something wrong (or at least strange) with this algo. My observations:

• This GMT 24 hour day will be finished with approximately 140 blocks found, instead of the intended 205. Yesterday it was 148. The day before 136, etc. I went back a few days more and I think it was below 150 repeatedly. Why are blocks not catching up to the 7 minute rule? Even though I know we humans are bad at evaluating true randomness, this pattern of only ~70% found blocks every day consistently doesn't seem like a minor difference or a random occurrence.
  • The thing happy_merchant mentioned about not having blocks for almost an hour, then suddenly 2-3 blocks are found in a couple of minutes. Then also about 2-3 more blocks in the next ~5-15 minutes, then again nothing for almost an hour.
  • I think difficulty is behaving strangely - I don't think it drops after one hour like it should, because the first block after a long pause shows a high difficulty, but then the immediate next block shows a much lower difficulty, which is in line with my point above about sudden quick blocks.
  • I am solo mining for about 30 hours with about 12% nethash (1000k) and I found 1 block instead of statistically about 30 blocks. I didn't find like 10 blocks to say "eh, it's bad luck", this is a huge 30x difference. And yeah, even if I calculate the real statistic using the actual daily blocks found (which is around 70% of 205), still 70% of 30 is 21 blocks, not 1. I also see everyone else complaining about bad luck, so maybe it's not bad luck after all, but something could be wrong? Especially when you consider my previous points. I wonder what will happen in the upcoming pool.

Otherwise, I really like this project and the highly active dev, keep it up!
Activity: 616
Merit: 118
how to mine solo
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
wallet is not synchronized! where the node view ?
Activity: 210
Can't wait for the pool. Solo mining is a bit hard Sad I hope there will be now standalone miner for long time so not botnets.
Activity: 70
I dont know Jack about anything ^^"

...But would it have something to do with how Difficult it is to mine?

Or...If the Pool is about to "nullify" the difficulty factor ...then...would raising the Block Time even things out perhaps? (Again i dont know Jack ^^")

Difficulty in crypto is a value that adjusts with the network hashrate such that the time between blocks will remain statistically consistent. It's just a tool to ensure that new currency is produced at a stable rate, completely unrelated to the amount of currency rewarded per block. Pools are unrelated to difficulty, they merely even out the randomness of solo mining. You don't need to increase block times if network hashrates increase because difficulty is by definition the value that keeps the block time consistent regardless of how much processing power is thrown at the blockchain.

The reward is purely a design choice. I'm sure the devs had a reason for going with 20k and there are some good reasons for decide to go with high volume or low volume, but as far as miners  and traders are concerned it doesn't really matter whether you're dealing with a small number of high priced coins or a large number of low priced coins.

Activity: 479
Merit: 253
Dev Can you explain the reasoning behind the size of the block reward and the effect on inflation.

I dont know Jack about anything ^^"

...But would it have something to do with how Difficult it is to mine?

Or...If the Pool is about to "nullify" the difficulty factor ...then...would raising the Block Time even things out perhaps? (Again i dont know Jack ^^")
Activity: 221
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Dev Can you explain the reasoning behind the size of the block reward and the effect on inflation.
Activity: 616
i cant understand how to mine?
ACP
Activity: 612
Merit: 520
Why is god only valued at 30 satoshi?
I mean I will even have to buy some bags for cheap god
777 satoshi should be target ok , thank you.
I think some of the bigger whales are waiting on the sidelines to ensure we do what we say we will do: We will dump the orphan cold wallet, spend 100% on orphans, and provide an orphan database that is auditable on the expense side, then when they feel more comfortable that this is 100% legit I think we will get a lot more attention.  It should become very clear to them within 60 days.

As I said. I'm in , I like the idea of helping others so I will be watching.
buying BBP  make your offer

80 000 coins 200 satoshi each.
Activity: 154
buying BBP  make your offer
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
ok am i doing something wrong. I had been mining for about 5 days on an older laptop and had not found anything so i figured ok, maybe its because its older it does not have the power to do this. So 2 days ago i used some free credits to spin up a could server to do nothing but hash biblepay. 2 days and still nothing. Here is my info

15:01:10

getmininginfo

{
  "blocks": 2543,
  "currentblocksize": 1000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 0.02009845991238194,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 15,
  "network_khashps": 8197.110849637433,
  "hashps": 129345.4001071014,
  "minerstarttime": "08-09-2017 19:41:18",
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "testnet": false,
  "chain": "main",
  "biblepay-generate": true,
  "poolinfo1": "",
  "poolinfo2": "",
  "poolinfo3": "",
  "poolmining": false
}

What am i doing wrong or am i just that unlucky.

You are not doing anything wrong. Iv ran 600k for a day without any blocks and found 2 just as I was going to shut it down. I am letting it run a little while longer. Hopefully the pool will be up soon.

When you say 600k is that the hashps? what type of processor are you using?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
ok am i doing something wrong. I had been mining for about 5 days on an older laptop and had not found anything so i figured ok, maybe its because its older it does not have the power to do this. So 2 days ago i used some free credits to spin up a could server to do nothing but hash biblepay. 2 days and still nothing. Here is my info

getmininginfo

{
}

You are not doing anything wrong. Iv ran 600k for a day without any blocks and found 2 just as I was going to shut it down. I am letting it run a little while longer. Hopefully the pool will be up soon.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

getmininginfo

{
}

Activity: 154
Im having trouble with linux as well (Ubuntu 16.04)

==== References:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt
https://michael.mckinnon.id.au/2016/05/13/building-a-namecoin-server-with-ubuntu-16-04/
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

==== Step by Step Commands (not sure if this is all correct, please someone point out any issues)
sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt install make
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool pkg-config
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libevent-dev

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler

cd /home/yourname
git clone https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay

BP_ROOT=$(pwd)
BDB_PREFIX="${BP_ROOT}/db4"
mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX

wget 'http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz'
echo '12edc0df75bf9abd7f82f821795bcee50f42cb2e5f76a6a281b85732798364ef  db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c

tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
make install

cd $BP_ROOT
./autogen.sh
./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/"
sudo make
===================

And then it freezes on last command sudo make, last output: 
  CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-init.o

Ive been waiting 20 minutes,
is it frozen?, did I do something wrong? or do I need to wait longer?
(Its just a one core machine Im testing/building on, I have very little Linux experience and almost no mining experience)

The very first compile takes over an hour on a fast machine as it has to build all the obj files and moc stuff for qt.

Wow, one hour is really lol... i never built a wallet with more than 30 minutes before. But I will try with togoshigekata method in my Ubuntu 16.04 later. Will update my status.

Okay, I managed to build the wallet successfully. But it is not the gui version, or maybe I overlook it? How to build for the qt GUI wallet?

If all your qt dependencies are there then look in biblepay/src/qt for the qt binary.

Thank you very much. You really save my day Smiley

I'm not very handy with Linux compile and qt, mainly on Windows machine.

Can you share all true commands here please? Thanks
Jump to: