Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 20. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Hello Guys,

Please share you mastenodes tut, I would like to know to setup on how to setup the masternode in my wallet.

Thank you very much and reagards

Okane Satoshi

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Masternode

Don't forget right now Masternodes are only active in Testnet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Hi, I was wondering how many sanctuaries the network will need to operate efficiently?

I was looking thorough the richlist http://biblepay.inspect.network/richlist

I guess top 3 wallets are CCEX, the pool, and the wallet for charity. With a number of 1.1 million needed for a sancuary, currently that would only be 20 sanctuaries.
(a requirement of 500,000 would currently give just over 60 sanctuaries, should every eligible wallet be converted to one).

First the list you are seeing is only the top addresses.  Since many people use different addresses you're not seeing the total wallet.  For instance, my Logo Fundraiser has received just under 300K BBP, but my wallet shows I truly have my total balance from mining/donations/c-cex purchases.   Secondly, we've got two more months to mine (or buy) so another 180 Million coins into the system by Christmas, give or take.  A lot of people I imagine are getting close to the 1M target at this rate will be able to hit it.  Third, the C-cex wallet is very fat, a lot of the sell orders are very modest in price, so if the Sanctuary testing goes well, you'll see some of that be sold/bought.

I'm estimating that at least 15-30% of the total supply will go into Sanctuaries within a short period of time from the start.  If you estimate there will be roughly 400M coins at the end of the year, a 1.1M cost would mean 54 to 108 Sanctuaries at the 15-30% range.  Could be a lot more since it seems supporters of this coin are pretty dedicated.

The thing about Biblepay right now is the network operates efficiently because most everyone is running the full wallet.  Masternodes were in part invented to get around the issue Bitcoin has, most miners not contributing to the network and no incentive to run relays.  In Biblepay, the basic relay function isn't likely as important for the Sanctuaries.  Immediately the benefit is the governance function. Not to diminish the relay function, but as long as there is no other mining software, it's not such an issue.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Hello Guys,

Please share you mastenodes tut, I would like to know to setup on how to setup the masternode in my wallet.

Thank you very much and reagards

Okane Satoshi
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
no pool fee for whom? for all miners...by me not
when i want to write letter and all is FALSE then what?

If I understand correctly, if there are letters sent to every child (110 children) then no-one pays the pool fee.
really?  Shocked

Yes, this is true. The fee only came into being because there were very few letters being written. So the fee is an incentive to write a letter.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104

Well, in the current (improvable) system, you could view the 'TRUE' and 'FALSE' indicators as a first glance at who's been written a letter an who's not been written a letter yet. The thing is: a letter could have been written to an orphan (see the 'outgoing letters' tab). BUT: that doesn't mean that the written letters get approved.

For example: if you look at the 'outgoing letters' tab, someone had written a letter to a sponsored child named 'Edmund Antwi'. But the thing is: his letter got a lot of downvotes, so it's never going to get send. YOU can send this orphan a letter, and when it gets upvoted, the total written letter will rise and your poolfees wil vanish (I don't know exactly if I'm right about this last part).

I think this proces could be more streamlined, but I'm sure the future looks bright in this department.

Also: when an orphan writes a SECOND letter, this also warrants a new 'poolletter' being written. But it's not clear to me how we can make this entire process more streamlined. I've made a couple of suggestions in the past. And maybe we can figure out as a community how to create a nice flow in the letter writing process.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100

If I understand correctly, if there are letters sent to every child (110 children) then no-one pays the pool fee.
really?  Shocked
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
I would choose 467 or 450 for the logo contest. I do like the color scheme of 446, but you can't really tell what the pictures are inside the coin , so for that reason I wouldn't choose it. 444, 429, 37, and 427 are 1 star each at most.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102

BIBLE_PAY

Note:   ** To write a letter to one of our orphans, from the left menu click: Orphans | Sponsored Orphan List | then Right Click on one of the Orphan records (where the NeedWritten column=TRUE). Our children LOVE to receive letters! Please write to one that needs written and you will receive the Letter Writing Bounty above once the letter is upvoted to 7 votes! **

all is FALSE ..... whats now?

so what with not sync tesnet chain?

can us help? thanks

You could go and vote for good letters (Orphans, outgoing letters). Right click on the letter to up/down vote.

11 more letters get 7+ upvotes then no pool fee
BIBLE_PAY

Note:   ** To write a letter to one of our orphans, from the left menu click: Orphans | Sponsored Orphan List | then Right Click on one of the Orphan records (where the NeedWritten column=TRUE). Our children LOVE to receive letters! Please write to one that needs written and you will receive the Letter Writing Bounty above once the letter is upvoted to 7 votes! **

all is FALSE ..... whats now?

so what with not sync tesnet chain?

can youh help us? thanks
Activity: 434
I was one of the initial miners, when from my i7 I mined lots of blocks.
This project is running good, with lots of support from the community. The network hash rate is pretty high now as compared to initial days.
The dev is also very proactive and is doing pretty good with the progress of the project.

I will hold this for a long time Smiley

right ,community and dev always helpfull ,i am looking forward to the future of biblepay coin, i also will hold my coin.
Activity: 442
I was one of the initial miners, when from my i7 I mined lots of blocks.
This project is running good, with lots of support from the community. The network hash rate is pretty high now as compared to initial days.
The dev is also very proactive and is doing pretty good with the progress of the project.

I will hold this for a long time Smiley
is any problem with testnet chain? cant sync...staying on 15hours  Undecided
tried rebuild wallet,deleted chain+peers.dat+db and no result
Hi, I was wondering how many sanctuaries the network will need to operate efficiently?

I was looking thorough the richlist http://biblepay.inspect.network/richlist

I guess top 3 wallets are CCEX, the pool, and the wallet for charity. With a number of 1.1 million needed for a sancuary, currently that would only be 20 sanctuaries.
(a requirement of 500,000 would currently give just over 60 sanctuaries, should every eligible wallet be converted to one).
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

- General Cryptocoin c++ Developers
- Developer that has zeal for finding security bugs in BBP and BTC. 
- Developer that wants to take Dash and BTC recent commits, and merge them into BBP.  This is a highly technical position requiring BTC or crypto experience.
- Web developer to make Biblepay web presence better (The web site, Not the pool, I can handle the pool myself for now)
- PR Manager, launching PR campaigs, faucet, etc
- Twitter, Facebook / Social Media Manager
- Operations & Charity management
- Tech Support (Helps resolve users issues with mining, wallet setup, etc)
- Technical Writer for documents

I saw a post come across that someone wanted to be a technical writer but dont see it in the last 5 pages anymore.  If you are still interested in joining the slack team send me an email to : [email protected] and we will send you an invite. 

Very excited about this project. Can I get info on slack groups or telegram groups..  I'm reading through posts now... How many is needed for a masternode? Or templenode
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
is there an offline / javascript wallet address generator anywhere?
I cant find one, but you can type getnewaddress in the RPC.

If anyone wants to port the electrum wallet from Dash into Biblepay, and wants to be a full time dev, come on in the water is warm now.
If your original code makes it to prod, and is high quality, you can be on payroll after Christmas.
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

I am wondering, is it wrong to call the chosen God Node a God Node?  Should it be a Master sanctuary?  Any better terms?  If its not blasphemous, we could call it a God Node

yes of course its blasphemous!

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Im pretty sure this qualifies as 'in vain' dont you?

do not call it that. its offensive to a believer and to God
Its not called a God Node, its called a Temple. 

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

I am wondering, is it wrong to call the chosen God Node a God Node?  Should it be a Master sanctuary?  Any better terms?  If its not blasphemous, we could call it a God Node

yes of course its blasphemous!

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Im pretty sure this qualifies as 'in vain' dont you?

do not call it that. its offensive to a believer and to God
There were two polls, one was predominately quadrant views, the other was not.  Very low turnout on the second poll despite being posted about a day later (as of right now 23 votes on the first poll but only 9 on the second).  Links were posted here since the polling system was integrated with the Freelancer website.  While a bit more work to go to than just a poll here, it was far easier to put together and my thought was the people that went and voted would predominately be the ones interested in the coin, not just random forum users.

We had over 400 entries, in a contest the site expected a "great turnout" would be 200.  A lot were rehashes of designs in different color schemes or small tweaks.  But the quantity of the turnout was very good.  As a sealed contest no other artists could see the other entries.  Yet prior to the suggestion by the Dev, we got a lot of meaningless logos that could have been for Biblepay or easily could have been for some new candy bar or investment group.  The better ones would at least have been seen as probably being some megachurch but prior to the suggestion most of the logos were nicely done but very generic.  As if the artists had a file that was "generic religious logos" that they slapped Biblepay on and submitted.

The top design does represent the coin well, but it can still be tweaked a bit (we've got 6 days before I have to extend or award the prize).

Thank you for the clarification on the process Smiley I understand now.

Looking at the polls again, the four icons without a doubt makes the design more unique, that's for sure.

Anyone else notice the pool seems to be hitting about half the blocks as compared to last week?
Pages:
Jump to: