Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 30. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
I just had trouble adding a picture of a lamb to a letter.  If anyone is having trouble adding a picture to a letter in chrome try this:

Click the Menu Ellipsis | Settings | Scroll Down to Advanced and open | Scroll to the System Menu Div | Disable Use hardware acceleration.  Then I was able to add the picture successfully in chrome.  It should already work in other browsers.

Activity: 574
Merit: 104
So what is the difference between hps1 and hps2.
Hps1 is your pc hash, hps2 is what server get from you. What is connection between them dev's don't want tell... many bad words were said when people ask about it;)

Dev told but you have to read all the previous posts to find out. Dev also stated the calculation of HPS2 equation from HPS. Please read!

That's why I suggest dev to put it somewhere in OP or wiki.

This would be a good thing for someone to take on.  Someone to write a professional Help Guide for the entire pool, and then we can link to it from the pool.

Hps1 may be removed in the future, after we finalize the algorithm.  For now I would add it to the help Guide.

SeasonW, in the mean time it would be very helpful for you to add a wiki page about HPS, you can find the place I spoke about it and elaborate on it.

Its not your job to give work to me, its your job to ask what you can do for BiblePay.

Im working for free and trying to create a loving community.

Next week I have some spare time. i could write a Help Guide for the pool.
I recreated the emission schedule and created these two pages:

EMISSION SCHEDULE PROJECTION: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Emission_Schedule

ECONOMICS: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Economics

I will update the OP and the website.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Hps1 is your pc hash, hps2 is what server get from you. What is connection between them dev's don't want tell... many bad words were said when people ask about it;)

Dev told but you have to read all the previous posts to find out. Dev also stated the calculation of HPS2 equation from HPS. Please read!

This would be a good thing for someone to take on.  Someone to write a professional Help Guide for the entire pool, and then we can link to it from the pool.

Hps1 may be removed in the future, after we finalize the algorithm.  For now I would add it to the help Guide.

SeasonW, in the mean time it would be very helpful for you to add a wiki page about HPS, you can find the place I spoke about it and elaborate on it.

Its not your job to give work to me, its your job to ask what you can do for BiblePay.

No problem, but I will do once I'm free. I wanted to help testing the masternode but was busy to take part in it. Let's see if my boss stopped giving me weekend assignments  Embarrassed
Any plans on changing block reward? The economics are catching up.

No, not really, we had one complaint over the whole thread that I was going to be bent on changing emissions after Christmas, and that is simply not true.

I feel the integrity of our economics is paramount and will be set in stone.  The enhancements created between go live and Christmas I think are of such a value add to the coin, they simply had to be added in for our community to finalize the emission schedule while Sanctuaries go live (The sanctuary event at Christmas is a mandatory change) so it was our last chance to finalize the emissions.  The things added to the original design are:  Better budget allocation (see below), 1.5% monthly deflationary schedule in emissions, and a 50-50 split between Sanctuaries and Miners to promote long term biblepay sanctuaries.

Therefore I would like to reiterate the proposed economics now, and modify the first page with the changes (as I think everyone agrees, these few changes are very, very positive).

Let me outline the major points of the economics proposed for the Christmas version of BiblePay, and say that you have my word this is the final version, with no major changes forever (all of the devs will agree that no changes will be made to the emissions or block subsidy after Christmas, so that our investors are comfortable in what they are investing in):

- Block Emission Level: Variable rate between 20000 and 5000, based on the network difficulty level (higher diff, lower block subsidy)
- 10% is given to Charity (IE compassion.com) through the sanctuary voted budget
- 5% is given to IT (through sanctuary voted IT expenses, such as IT payroll, letter writing, PR etc)
- Out of the 85% remaining it is split between one cold chosen sanctuary, who provides POSE (proof of service) that has waited longest to get paid, and the miner who found the block

- The deflation rate of our emission will be 1.5% Per Month after Christmas
- Each block rewards 10% in retirement coins to the miner who found the block, in colored coins called rBBP.  These can be traded on the secondary
market inside the wallet with other biblepay participants for BBP.  The retirement coins emission rate drops by 1% Per Day.

With these economics, our official projection up to 2050 will have to be re-created (I will take care of that Now).

Due to the higher deflation rate chosen when sanctuaries come online, and the effect of the difficulty on the schedule, the schedule will produce only about half of the coins over the long term as we originally projected (That is because the original projection didnt take into account the 1.5% monthly deflation rate that we added in as a bonus feature
for sanctuary go live, nor did it take into account the huge block difficulty the algorithm is experiencing which reduces each block reward significantly).

I will take care of that projection recreation today and repost everywhere and also update the OP with all of this so that we are exactly what we say we are.

Btw, Up to the block at Christmas, we currently have a tithe block - this is one block out of every 10 - which we give to compassion.com.  That block no longer will be created after Christmas.  It is then up to sanctuaries to vote on the Charity Budget for those expenses to be generated into superblocks.

[/b]
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
It is better the price keep stable now for the early development. If the price goes up quickly, it will attract more pure miners just pursuing profit which is not the purpose of dev. I put some hashes on this coin after reading almost all the posts here. I thought this coin is promising and have good purpose to do charity by supporting orphan. Though I still have some difficulty to understand the mining logic including pool mining behind the coin.

The dev mixes the role of dev and pool operator and wants the miners do a lot of things like writing letters to orphan, voting the letter, donating to orphan fund instead of just mining. But some tasks should be performed by different roles. A miner cannot do everything the dev demands. We saw the network hashes up and down a lot. I guess some miners even do not know the orphan fund, just jumping in and leaving.

I put some hashes for solo mining testing and already found some blocks without the 6% letter writing fee. The rewards should be similar for solo and pool mining. So to attract the big miners to the pool is actually good to the pool if the server is not overloaded.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
why biblepay price is not going up, im a huge bad holder, really have a good bag.But price is never going up. I want to wait 1 year and see what we have. Cya for 1 year!
Activity: 770
ferohers yes,explain most of the things=that you dont understand how this coin working ... inblue explained it pages before ... if dev doesnt know how it working ill do all for my profit ..
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
next dumbaaa question:? what address in faucet:

are you still thinking that anybody will be sending coins to anywhere? facepalm ...

ALL MINING IS ONLY ONLY ONLY FOR PROFIT

again any changes on pool: hashrate of my miners flying up down up down ... jesus christ....

Just had a visit to the new pool. I see you had 299 share and a huge hps2 on a single miner. This explains most of the things.

It seems normal for the most to get what they want if they have enough power. For Christians you will see them cautious while taking from a share.  This cautiousness is something we simply cannot ignore.

Oh by the way.
https://www.biblica.com/bible/?osis=niv:Matthew.19:16%E2%80%9330:16

Activity: 126

Aha so all last 2 questions about it, start storm about blabling without reason. And why bbp don't tell simpe read wiki?
Can you link wiki link where is explained connection between hps and hps2?

Activity: 770
this nsummy´s pool https://pool.minersofmen.com working better .... thx for this pool
Activity: 126
For everyone mining in my pool.  We have a block.  The BBP is in the pool wallet, now investigating why its not reflected on the website.

Good start, we should get 3 blocks out of 10 blocks that dev pool did because our current pool hash is 1/3 of dev pool. As long as we found a block then it is not a big issue now, maybe just some configurations need to do.

@nsummy Your pool at minersofmen.com seems working great now, blocks found and bbp distributed successfully into my account. I will test withdraw bbp to my wallet once balance matured and update here again. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Any plans on changing block reward? The economics are catching up.

@bible_pay  I suggest to put this piece of info somewhere in OP or in the biblepay wiki (Or it is already in wiki?). It has been asked a few times and we cannot expect people to read 130 pages of comments for the answer.
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
For everyone mining in my pool.  We have a block.  The BBP is in the pool wallet, now investigating why its not reflected on the website.

Good start, we should get 3 blocks out of 10 blocks that dev pool did because our current pool hash is 1/3 of dev pool. As long as we found a block then it is not a big issue now, maybe just some configurations need to do.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
For everyone mining in my pool.  We have a block.  The BBP is in the pool wallet, now investigating why its not reflected on the website.

Good news. Dev could help. Each independent pool is important.

We having been PMing about it, we will figure it out Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: