Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 25. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 287
Is solo mining without cpu-rigs still possible now? I don't understand how the new algorithm works, even after reading the topic. Is there a technical description of the PoB algorithm?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
hi, the op of this thread says there will be 5.2 billion coins by 2050,

but at http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page it says there will be 14.5 billion coins by 2050.

which is it? 5.2 billion or 14.5 billion?

is there a limit to the total number of coins all-time?

Thanks- Sorry, forgot to update the wiki Main_Page.  Updated.

Activity: 574
Merit: 104
hi, the op of this thread says there will be 5.2 billion coins by 2050,

but at http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page it says there will be 14.5 billion coins by 2050.

which is it? 5.2 billion or 14.5 billion?

is there a limit to the total number of coins all-time?

It's the first one (5.2 billion). These are the updated stats:

I recreated the emission schedule and created these two pages:

EMISSION SCHEDULE PROJECTION: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Emission_Schedule

ECONOMICS: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Economics

I will update the OP and the website.

There is not an absolute number of total coins, since - if I remember correctly - the amount of BBP in each block depends on the mining difficulty.
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
Can someone help me compile on ubuntu 16.
keep getting error wallet/crypter.cpp:226:20: error: aggregate ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX ctx’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

Thanks
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Very interesting. 
The wired article was a little ambiguous but it looks like the pastor turned over the churches credit union to coin.mx to help launder money, and somehow he accepted kickbacks for himself.  Once you start dipping into Gods kitty you would be on the path to hell- there are many NDE videos out there claiming the pastors are burning after stealing from the church.

I think the lesson here is to be very sensitive about how we eventually facilitate fiat to be exchanged for BBP.  (IE technologically speaking, to partner with FINCEN registered vendors).

This tells it better:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-20/florida-man-gets-16-months-over-bitcoin-bank-hacker-scheme   Essentially a hacker had bitcoin that he needed to convert to dollars,  a ukrakian in florida coded the software to make it looks like the money was being used to a restaurant business.  The pastor accepted $150k for them to run the money out of the credit union.  No one lost any money.  Compare this to the financial collapse of 2008 where people lost homes and their lives, yet no fat cats on wall street went to prison Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Is this coin related about Christian? I might prefer some Sincoin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I just spent a good amount of time trying to read through a majority of these pages, and wow what a fun experience.   Shocked

Honestly, I can see the intent of the coin (and I like it since my wife and I adopted our daughter), but I don't know how it stays viable if it can't be sold, due to lack of value, and you try and discourage people from mining it by adding blog requirements, repent nows, and so on.  I have been part of several dead alt coins at this point, and with all of the confusion with this one I don't know how it ever grows. 

Hope I am wrong, and some clarification as to how this ever sustains itself would be great.
After approx. 24 months, it will sustain itself at the convex between its intrinsic and projected future value.
The intrinsic being built up now, these are standard valuations where we bring new value to the blockchain.
In 12 months, one will be able to point out some definite value added by BiblePay (other than helping orphans).

Regarding the ability to mine, you can see that I took the popular advice in this case, but note that even if we did alter the sell side of this coin, that does not necessarily mean failure. 

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
I just spent a good amount of time trying to read through a majority of these pages, and wow what a fun experience.   Shocked

Honestly, I can see the intent of the coin (and I like it since my wife and I adopted our daughter), but I don't know how it stays viable if it can't be sold, due to lack of value, and you try and discourage people from mining it by adding blog requirements, repent nows, and so on.  I have been part of several dead alt coins at this point, and with all of the confusion with this one I don't know how it ever grows. 

Hope I am wrong, and some clarification as to how this ever sustains itself would be great.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Looks like a great project.  Transferring some funds to buy some at C-CEX.  I mentioned you also in the JesusToken thread.  We've given away over one million in the first month and have continuous airdrops for doing Christian-related things.

am really glad I found biblepay coin,
cpu minable coin,
and helps out orphans,
and has bible available to read in the wallet,

1 corinthians 3:11 to 3:15
3:11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

3:12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Nice- 1st Corinthians 3

Let every man build on a solid foundation, as only the elements extending God's Kingdom will exist after judgement day.

Very interesting. 
The wired article was a little ambiguous but it looks like the pastor turned over the churches credit union to coin.mx to help launder money, and somehow he accepted kickbacks for himself.  Once you start dipping into Gods kitty you would be on the path to hell- there are many NDE videos out there claiming the pastors are burning after stealing from the church.

I think the lesson here is to be very sensitive about how we eventually facilitate fiat to be exchanged for BBP.  (IE technologically speaking, to partner with FINCEN registered vendors).

Activity: 35
20,000bbp donated to west.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Robert:are you thinking about non-english states for writing letters?

tryyouman +100
Activity: 35
Hi dev.

About the letter.
Please do not forget those who can not speak English.

Because I can not speak English, this sentence is written in google translation.

The topic here can be read with little knowledge and google translation, but I can not write letters to children.
(Because it is translated into strange sentences like this post.)
It may not be a concern at this stage, but forcing a letter may exclude someone who can not speak English in the future.

I love this coin and I do not think that constraints due to not writing a letter are bad.
I also know that it is impossible to respond to multiple languages ​​at this stage.

So if you are thinking of too stringent constraints in the future, please think about those who can not speak English.

This is my hope and a positive proposal.

Thanks.
99.99 bbp incoming to my wallet

thank you someone Smiley

by the way, i do not like the pink background in the wallet,
and i tried to change the theme in the way mentioned in a post above, but i don't see any changes,
unless i am missing something,
and no changes at all in the background when I looked at the bible text.

That was me Smiley

To copy your address on the pool site you have to use CTRL+V (in Windows). At least, when I try to copy an address using my right mouse button, I only get a 'customize' label (using Chrome).

About the Faucet: are you sure that you're on the mainnet and the pool website is also on the mainnet? If you try again and it doesn't work, I'll try the faucet with your biblepay adres to see where it goes wrong.

Yeah, I think he  must have been on testnet, I just tested and everything is OK.  Pool has been up solid for about 10 days now, new record.

We will see how MinersForMen is faring soon also.

There is a 'Gotcha' in prod right now if you click proposals, it forces you onto testnet- be aware of that guys, its just a safeguard to ensure no proposals are entered into Prod til after Christmas.

I see we can read the bible inside the wallet,
but I want a darker background(black or dark grey) with darkish-orange letters(not bright),
because the white background hurts the eyes.

dull-orange(not bright orange) letters on a dark-background(i find this is one of the best combinations to be easier on the eyes)
http://pichoster.net/images/2017/10/22/89eb7378b2afb03431d07f7c7218c70a.png

*note: i am not advertising any other coins, this pic is used just for illustration purposes only
(i cannot post pics here at bitcointalk.org with this new account yet)

maybe offer users the option for different themes in the biblepay wallet, but also for reading the bible?

also, the ability to have bold letters would be my favorite, sometimes the non-bold letters do not show well on the dark background.

*note: i am not accustomed to the commands in the paint program on this new computer, my old computer broke which had programs i was more familiar with, so the pic isn't as good as it could be, but gives you the idea of what i am talking about
Yes, and some of the most powerful prayers are built in too (Under the Bible menu).
Could you try this first please: Click settings | options | display | user interface theme, and change the theme, and tell us if any of those work?  Im just curious if it changes your bible background color.  If not let us know and we can probably make a dark theme when we get the new logo pack in and add it to that theme dropdown.

I tried this, and it doesn't change the background of the wallet nor the verses:

I would like a dark theme Smiley

Thanks for checking, sounds like we have a 3rd cool project-

Integration with Amazon API so we can have a BiblePay store where you can buy things with BBP, Dark theme in wallet, and one-click Web Mining! 
Oh, some of these are so temping I will probably crack and program one of them before Christmas.

In the mean time, any Pro cryptocoin devs ready for a biblical Mission?

Im also working with zinc.io and cloudflare - Im thinking the God nodes might be able to integrate with cloudflare and perform as a web server for accountability.biblepay.org eventually.

This does look awfully similar to jesus coin,  are there any fundamental differences aside from the mining?

Jesuscoin is an obvious satire and doubles as a get-rich-quick scheme. Biblepay had good intentions and actually helps people. I think the two couldn't be further apart.

Plus we are an actual wallet with actual software and with actual pool software and with hundreds of K of custom code, whereas Jesuscoin is not a wallet, has no software, and is just one line of code that someone created in Ethereum to ask for donations.

Activity: 574
Merit: 104
This does look awfully similar to jesus coin,  are there any fundamental differences aside from the mining?

Jesuscoin is an obvious satire and doubles as a get-rich-quick scheme. Biblepay had good intentions and actually helps people. I think the two couldn't be further apart.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: