Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 56. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

Wondering the same, 40 thread limit is very low for many.
Previous limit looked good to me since there are 64 core machines that can pull a lot more threads.

@bible_pay would appreciate updates on the changes as well as how to counter the difficulty vs subsidy fluctuations, which seems to be pretty drastic.
You should not need more than 20 threads with this algo, a lot have posted the higher the threads over 20 actually lower the performance.  Anyway, we cant raise the limit until we have more pools.

The latest version has not been released because it didnt do much for xeons.  But, the biggest improvement for xeons is to run the 32bit wallet.  That doubled the speed.

Bible_pay ,  why won't you let people decide what's better for them ? 

how can we help setting up another pool ?

there was pool2 working for some time , is it still  up ?

pool2 came up this morning and I'm mining on it....in fact B_P was asking for people to move over to it.

thanks.  I didn't notice
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Previous limit looked good to me since there are 64 core machines that can pull a lot more threads.

@bible_pay would appreciate updates on the changes as well as how to counter the difficulty vs subsidy fluctuations, which seems to be pretty drastic.
You should not need more than 20 threads with this algo, a lot have posted the higher the threads over 20 actually lower the performance.  Anyway, we cant raise the limit until we have more pools.

The latest version has not been released because it didnt do much for xeons.  But, the biggest improvement for xeons is to run the 32bit wallet.  That doubled the speed.

pool2 came up this morning and I'm mining on it....in fact B_P was asking for people to move over to it.

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

Activity: 42

is there an instruction how to compile the source for Windows?

why would you want that  ?

there is a complied version on the website ?

The compiled version on the website is 1.0.3.8, while the newest version from GitHub is 1.0.3.9b.

it makes sense.   1.0.3.9b came out 2 days ago .

what was changed compared to 1.0.3.8 ?   

I noticed genproc cap was enforced again so I had to lower threads count on linux boxes.

Mining improvements for Windows and some change to try to improve Xeon performance.

is capping the thread count an improvement ?
ccex seems to be having some issues this morning. They've been down off and on.

Based on the responses I was getting from their site I'd suspect they are getting DDOSd.
I wonder what kind of info the wallet is sending back to the pool in addition to the the OS name and  IP  ?

Bible_pay ,  can you provide any details please ?
@Tiras, we need to start asking people on the forum to volunteer for things so we can start up a slack group.  I am the last resort.

Github contains the source code for the biblepay post.

The first page of this forum contains the link to github.

I'm trying to get out from under a pile of work but it is my goal to become familiar with the github source so I can contribute. When I do, does the project just follow typical github fork/pr contribution pattern?
Yes, I will fork the repo to have a staging/testnet branch, then you can push some stuff over there, and we will come up with a system to promote code to Prod (master). 

I should be able to send out Slack invites for developers within 10 days.  I started a BiblePay slack team.  Id like to have about 10 devs so we can split up the work with people who are really passionate about this and their own personal preference, such as Gui, back-end, systems, bitcoin-merges, etc.

Thanks! I just checked out the REPO and am looking over the protocol doc, then I'll dive into the "DOC" folder....seems to be the best way to get my feet wet (and to loosen my C++ muscles....I've been working in typescript and C# for the last few years much more than C++). I would be interested in joining the Slack channel... I'm also working (unsuccessfully at the moment) to convince my programming cohorts to take interest as well.
Activity: 2
ccex seems to be having some issues this morning. They've been down off and on.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
@BiblePay Do you have a compiled 1.0.3.9b Windows 64-bit executable that you can post, or is it not ready for prime time? -Rageoverrun‏
https://twitter.com/Rageoverrun/status/910189492870565889
Activity: 462
Merit: 103

The compiled version on the website is 1.0.3.8, while the newest version from GitHub is 1.0.3.9b.

I noticed genproc cap was enforced again so I had to lower threads count on linux boxes.

Mining improvements for Windows and some change to try to improve Xeon performance.

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
Hmm I cant seem to withdraw my BiblePay coins on C-CEX: https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc

When I click Withdraw button, loading symbol spins for a long time and then it brings me to an error page Sad

I created ticket of issue with C-CEX support Smiley

I don't  know about the internals of BBP algo at all so I'm curious what parameters block subsidy depends on ?  
is it difficulty or something else ?

it seems like subsidy is constantly falling as  difficulty grows .
Activity: 22
Pool seems to be down. I also couldn't withdraw from it.. gave me an error.
I brought up pool2.biblepay.org again (luckily, database server is fine) so could I please have at least 50 users reconfigure and point to pool2?
We need to split the load.

Try now.

I moved my two that are up over. How can we confirm if we are on pool 1 or pool 2? I don't see anything in getmininginfo that would help and the pool2 website shows workers for pool 1 and pool 2 it seems.

Yeah, there's no any indicator, but they share the same database, so simply if you have put pool=http://pool2.biblepay.org in biblepay.conf and restarted the wallet, you're on pool2.
Pool seems to be down. I also couldn't withdraw from it.. gave me an error.

I brought up pool2.biblepay.org again (luckily, database server is fine) so could I please have at least 50 users reconfigure and point to pool2?
We need to split the load.

Try now.

I moved my two that are up over. How can we confirm if we are on pool 1 or pool 2? I don't see anything in getmininginfo that would help and the pool2 website shows workers for pool 1 and pool 2 it seems.
Activity: 2
I've reconfigured to pool2
Pages:
Jump to: