Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 95. (Read 119834 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Can i hold the bbp coin on the pool account as much i want?

You can, but I really don't want to be held responsible if a hacker breaks into the pool somehow and transfers it out, so I recommend withdrawing 80% monthly just to be safe.

Also, back up your wallet.dat file and store offsite, just in case.

If you ever go on vacation for a year, you can always recover to the top with just the old wallet.dat file.

I'm in, just put some money on exchange  Smiley
Just for information, how many coins are you mining with a normal setup?
Welcome aboard Bob!!

Well Im probably a typical miner as I have 4 machines configured and with all the programming I seldom have all 4 running but anyway, I have two 2 year old 6 core amds that hash at 85,000 per sec, and one dual proc xeon hashing at 190,000 per sec.  If they all stay on it generates about 30,000 BBP per month in the pool.  So probably about 10k BBP per month per CPU. 
https://jesuscoin.network/

Looks like we got competition  Wink
At first I thought the whole thing was an April fools joke.  I felt ill as if I wasted my time reading the whitepaper.  Especially towards the end, my thoughts were if this is real, the lead developer might be going to hell, then I thought, oh this is just a joke to see how many people go to contribute BTC on the ERC-20 page.  After reading it I see the site actually has an Ether token and a crowdsale page.  This is blasphemy.

Anyway, I almost destroyed my points but since this appears to be legit here they are:

Cons about tokenizing "Jesus":
- Using Jesus name to profit from without being actual disciples (similar to megachurch revenue but worse)
- Selling ERC-20 tokens up front as an ICO, with no promise of innovative value: IE a pump n dump scheme
- Claiming owning shares of the coin allows you to "be forgiven of sin" - blasphemy
- Not a grass roots effort - entire sham is an investor fundraiser PR event
- No propensity for any church to use the currency
- Provides no value add to the block chain, no new features
- Does absolutely no giving which is fundamental to picking up the cross
- Use case provides an example of funding a crusade and FAQ says "Not to do that" (contradicting its own use case)
- Wall Street Trader example - this did it for me - You are known by your fruits

They are not even a mosquito on our back.

For a piss take they/he has raised quite a few ether. Just goes to show throw any piece of ICO up with a bit marketing and you can bank.

Yeah, but even if you look at their team, it's just all the disciples of Jesus. It just looks like a joke to me ...
Their whole thing is just visually appealing ..
I truly believe more in this project.

That is truly shocking to me...more so than gross irreverence to Him. I suppose a Dev could throw is own Ether at it to make it look like people would participate...I mean how could someone be so foolish?
Although I suppose when I consider the Olsteen's attendance... preach or offer assured prosperity and they come out of the woodwork.

Yeah, I agree, speaking of Joel Osteen, I think he made a fatal mistake by hiding when the flood hit, he should have been the first one to organize a group of minimum wage employees to get the doors open and invite everyone in even if the activities trash his church-- he shouldve filed claims later, I think his whole life calling up to this point was built up to be blessed with that big church and Be a blessing, not be a coward when people needed him.   I remember watching a video I think by Sundar Selvaraj a couple years ago, something about God
 giving the message that he will judge the megachurches, I will take them out, first Houston, then Florida then Atlanta.  I was just looking for Eddie Longs location in Atlanta, and its about 9 hours north of Miami.  However what I didnt know is Eddie died of cancer this year.  I mean no disrepect, and am saddened by that, obviously thats horrible.  But it almost feels as if this 'warning' is passing right now.

Activity: 462
Merit: 103
I'm in, just put some money on exchange  Smiley
Just for information, how many coins are you mining with a normal setup?
Activity: 83
Merit: 11
Can i hold the bbp coin on the pool account as much i want?
Activity: 906
Merit: 500
Who the hell is this? http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/BB2BwSbDCqCqNsfc7FgWFJn4sRgnUt4tsM

He mine like 10-20 blocks every day!

As you can see from the tag on it "Orphan Foundations", this is actually the address that receives the 10% to support the children.

From the first page:

"For the first 6 months, 10% of each block will be allocated to the foundation, for sponsoring orphans at 100%.  Once per month, we will cash in anything over $40 available on an exchange, and sponsor orphans on our volunteer time."

Right now, the solution to allocate this 10% is to have every 10th block go to the foundation. After block 7000, and if I remember correctly, it will instead be changed to 10% of every mined block.

Yeaha it seems you're right then they move the coin to http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/B6gscRo5SyR6EsR7iLdhJxtHu84ALNn93i  which is probably sold like stated...
Activity: 126
Merit: 10

At first I thought the whole thing was an April fools joke.  I felt ill as if I wasted my time reading the whitepaper.  Especially towards the end, my thoughts were if this is real, the lead developer might be going to hell, then I thought, oh this is just a joke to see how many people go to contribute BTC on the ERC-20 page.  After reading it I see the site actually has an Ether token and a crowdsale page.  This is blasphemy.

Anyway, I almost destroyed my points but since this appears to be legit here they are:

- Using Jesus name to profit from without being actual disciples (similar to megachurch revenue but worse)
- Selling ERC-20 tokens up front as an ICO, with no promise of innovative value: IE a pump n dump scheme
- Claiming owning shares of the coin allows you to "be forgiven of sin" - blasphemy
- Use case provides an example of funding a crusade and FAQ says "Not to do that" (contradicting its own use case)
- Wall Street Trader example - this did it for me - You are known by your fruits

For a piss take they/he has raised quite a few ether. Just goes to show throw any piece of ICO up with a bit marketing and you can bank.

Yeah, but even if you look at their team, it's just all the disciples of Jesus. It just looks like a joke to me ...

That is truly shocking to me...more so than gross irreverence to Him. I suppose a Dev could throw is own Ether at it to make it look like people would participate...I mean how could someone be so foolish?
Although I suppose when I consider the Olsteen's attendance... preach or offer assured prosperity and they come out of the woodwork.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Activity: 9

In the pool, I see the orphan bio dialog (from Orphan List | select row) opens way down below the bottom of the screen.

Fixing this right now.  I am also adding the ability to attach pictures to letters.

Yesterday, the code was completed to send the letters over to compassion and pay bounties to letter writers.

Thanks for posting; I will read the whitepaper.

the price is falling as much as ever?
c-cex deposits halted for a couple of days for maintenance, when back up more sellers sold, price dropped. buy orders are increasing now.
Activity: 112
Activity: 112

the price is falling as much as ever?
Activity: 345
Merit: 100
Who the hell is this? http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/BB2BwSbDCqCqNsfc7FgWFJn4sRgnUt4tsM

The answer to your question is here: http://biblepay.inspect.network/richlist where it tags this account as "Orphan Foundations".

Edit: Oh, sorry Shoko943 - I see you beat me to it.
Activity: 27

As you can see from the tag on it "Orphan Foundations", this is actually the address that receives the 10% to support the children.

From the first page:

"For the first 6 months, 10% of each block will be allocated to the foundation, for sponsoring orphans at 100%.  Once per month, we will cash in anything over $40 available on an exchange, and sponsor orphans on our volunteer time."

Right now, the solution to allocate this 10% is to have every 10th block go to the foundation. After block 7000, and if I remember correctly, it will instead be changed to 10% of every mined block.
Activity: 21
**************** POOL PASSWORDS ******************

Regarding Password problems at the pool:
1) One problem was passwords cannot have certain special characters that blow out the cipherclass.  This has now been fixed.
2) If your password does not work, click Reset Password and follow the wizard.
3) If your e-mail is not working, send an e-mail to [email protected] to have the password temporarily reset.

Rob

The steps listed here did the trick for me. I can login again.
Thank you!
Activity: 906
Merit: 500

Pages:
Jump to: