Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 99. (Read 119834 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Pool UPDATE:

In order to find out if a Vultr Win 2012 R2 server can run a pool, I have shut down pool2.biblepay.org, and migrated pool.biblepay.org to Vultr.

Lets see how the performance is overnight and this will tell us if this particular config will be able to be cloned.
I still can't login on the normal pool.biblepay.org page, I'm getting this error:

Invalid Username or Password
I reset your password to Null, so try logging in with empty, then changing it.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Pool UPDATE:

In order to find out if a Vultr Win 2012 R2 server can run a pool, I have shut down pool2.biblepay.org, and migrated pool.biblepay.org to Vultr.

Lets see how the performance is overnight and this will tell us if this particular config will be able to be cloned.
I still can't login on the normal pool.biblepay.org page, I'm getting this error:

Invalid Username or Password
Pool UPDATE:

I have yet another question. When mining on pool 2, the "amounts and rounds" section on the wallet UI says 1000/2.  When I mine on normal pool, the "amounts and rounds" section is all zeros.  Any input on that.  Thanks for being active on the thread by the way.

Thats most likely just a coincidence as those arent used until sanctuaries are enabled.

=-=-=-=-=-=

As far as Pool2, it will be going away soon, once we find stability in pool1 for 7 consecutive days.  They share the same database.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What is diffrenece on miing pool1 and pool2, they are connected somehow?
They have common laderboard and block distribution...
Do both pools get reward when block willbe found?
Activity: 41
I have yet another question. When mining on pool 2, the "amounts and rounds" section on the wallet UI says 1000/2.  When I mine on normal pool, the "amounts and rounds" section is all zeros.  Any input on that.  Thanks for being active on the thread by the way.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
Wait, but what about Christians? Also orphan sponsors, charity donors/givers? Shouldn't these even be first on the list?

Oh yes, of course, sorry, I was in my scientific mode when I wrote that.  I just added Christians and Philanthropists to the BEGINNING of the list, will release in the next version after we see if there are more changes required.

Haha, don't worry, I constantly go into modes like that. And yes, philanthropists, that was the word I was looking for and couldn't remember it. Smiley
Someone asked for the PoBh whitepaper.

Here is the initial version for Peer Review:

http://pool.biblepay.org/Docs/BiblePay_White_Paper.pdf

If anyone has any non-trivial changes, let me know and Ill increment the document.

Target Audience

Cryptologists, Scientists, Engineers, Financial Analysts, Accountants,
Investors, Programmers, and crypto-coin enthusiasts.

Wait, but what about Christians? Also orphan sponsors, charity donors/givers? Shouldn't these even be first on the list?

was thinking the same thing

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but isn't it the job of the main node holders to decide who gets what once the coin is actually set in its ways? Or what list are we talking about?

Yes, mostly, but I think its important to set the ground rules now before I hand the reigns over.

I basically say up front that I wont accept: Not communicating to our orphans or receiving their communication, providing bad customer service, a greed based ecosystem, hashing outside of full nodes, being ashamed of integrating our Christian features, using charities of less than 75% efficiency, and keeping the initial parameters (such as 10% to tithes), etc. 

Then once the masternodes go live, the community can make changes within the bounds of these parameters, but, to be clear to our investors, not outside the bounds of the initial parameters.

Just to be 100% transparent, the only parameter than I feel actually should be changed during go live of sanctuaries, and I believe I will push for this when we start our slack channel:  a 5% allocation back to IT for the welfare and well being of our future.  I think we need to carve out 5% out of our sanctuary superblocks for allocation to be split between IT, PR, and Charity ops support (charity support being rewards to people who write to our orphans).  This imo, will be well spent and will guarantee the bright future of day to day operation.  The payroll would be in the form that sanctuaries approve the expense, but the renumeration goes back to our 7 or so developers and 5-7 or so helpers in the field manning certain positions.

I feel that we could merge that change in at the time we go live with sanctuaries, update the OP, and live with those parameters permanently going forward in a decentralized fashion.

If anyone has any non-trivial changes, let me know and Ill increment the document.

Target Audience

Oh yes, of course, sorry, I was in my scientific mode when I wrote that.  I just added Christians and Philanthropists to the BEGINNING of the list, will release in the next version after we see if there are more changes required.

Still  very new.  Getmininginfo says revert to solo mining. What should I do. And what happens to the coins and blocks if it reverts to solo mining.  Had similar issue this morning and the wallet had a line that said xxxxx anount bbp/ 2 rounds.  i am so confused right now.  And how does one direct the miner to the backup pool. And what is testnet? Sorry for all the questions.  Having loads of fun though.

Yeah the pool did go down for a couple hours in the night.  Its dissapointing, but believe me, the problem that started yesterday was brand new, something unanticipated and needed a couple new lines of code to fix it, and that didnt fix it 100%, only 90%, now I am confident it is actually fixed as of today.  Pool2 didnt have the same problems as pool1.  Anyway, I discovered a faulty setting in IIS7 also - where we were not recycling the app pool when a certain error occurs, and that has now been changed.  Lets be confident now going forward, with hands off that we get some new reliability without touching it.  Im also working now with Vultr Windows hostings product, to see if I can create a template to run the pool without much work - to give us built in anti-ddos, and also, for the two volunteers who sent me PMs that want to run one for $55 a month.  (Side benefit being you can run against the pool from the host at maybe 50% cpu and make a % back with mining, possibly).

As far as REVERTING TO SOLO MINING:  I can guarantee you with 100% certainty, when the pool is unable to provide new work  to your miner, at the exact same instant when the Reverting message appears, the internal miner actually creates a brand new block signed by You.  There is not one chance or instance that you will find that the miner is mining for the pool and the pool is not aware of it, I guarantee it, Ive tested that fully.  In addition, if the pool is offline for hours, it has a feature where it goes back and scans for solved blocks while it was down, and automatically pays the pool participants for those when it comes back up.  It will never intentionally keep any money owed to the pool participants.

Still  very new.  Getmininginfo says revert to solo mining. What should I do. And what happens to the coins and blocks if it reverts to solo mining.  Had similar issue this morning and the wallet had a line that said xxxxx anount bbp/ 2 rounds.  i am so confused right now.  And how does one direct the miner to the backup pool. And what is testnet? Sorry for all the questions.  Having loads of fun though.

Im new so might not be 100% but i'll try to help:

When solo you will get all block reward to your wallet if and when you hit one. I got lucky yesterday when problem with pool, and miner reverted to solo and I got 19k+ coins.

To use other pool change:

Code:
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org      to       pool=http://pool2.biblepay.org 

in conf. file.

So if you want more consistent results change pools or you can leave it to solo mine and you might get lucky.

Thanx. You have been more than helpful.
Activity: 36
Pool is down?
Activity: 9

Target Audience

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but isn't it the job of the main node holders to decide who gets what once the coin is actually set in its ways? Or what list are we talking about?

Just talking about the newly created whitepaper. For a coin that is called biblepay and gives to charity you would think that christians/charity would be part of target audience.

Im new so might not be 100% but i'll try to help:

When solo you will get all block reward to your wallet if and when you hit one. I got lucky yesterday when problem with pool, and miner reverted to solo and I got 19k+ coins.

To use other pool change:

Code:
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org      to       pool=http://pool2.biblepay.org 

in conf. file.

So if you want more consistent results change pools or you can leave it to solo mine and you might get lucky.

Target Audience

Target Audience

Target Audience

Appears the pool is down right now.

Try using the backup pool (pool2).
Activity: 37
Appears the pool is down right now.
Pages:
Jump to: