Pages:
Author

Topic: Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post - page 3. (Read 16767 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
How much did he actually raise? Was it a full 400 BTC?

Even after you see scams happening everyday, they still fall for the same trick.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I've got nothing to hide here.  I've done nothing wrong.

Has anyone noticed that 200 BTC just went missing and everyone is talking about me?

-bm

f**k you,bitch,you are shameless liar.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Cheesy you're two days late trying to whip up FUD with this. This was a bug and has already been fixed in version 1.1.5.

Nxt Multigateway testing (crypto to crypto trading without an exchange, mtgox never again) is going well, the new GUI will make it easier for average joe to test (ask me how) but in the meantime Nxt is being added to hitbtc 'very soon' so it will have more fiat gateways into EUR and USD  Grin interesting times
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Anybody who sent BTC to the scammer deserved what he got.

You simply do not blindly trust a nickname on the forum with real money without some sort of protection (escrow or the likes).

Furthermore, nobody should trust somebody involved in crypto that doesn't use PGP to sign important messages and/or announcements. That's something so basic that if someone is not signing their important messages and their public PGP key is not available then they shouldn't be trusted, either because they are so incompetent they don't even understand why cryptography is important, either because they are preparing the ground for a scam like the one discussed in the OP.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
What kind of street is that in America?  It looks like the ghetto

it looks normal to me, why judge like that?

~CfA~
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

BELOW IS A SCREENSHOT FROM THE COMMIT STATS FROM GITHUB.

AS IT LOOKS, BLUEMEANIE HAS NEVER EVER EVEN MADE A SINGLE COMMIT.

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IN THE EMPLOY OF NXTVENTURE OR ANYBODY ELSE.

RUNNING AWAY WITH 1 MILLION NXT WITHOUT DELIVERING A SINGLE LINE OF CODE BEGS THE QUESTION:

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM A COMPUTER AT ALL, JOSHUA ZEIDNER?

IF YOU DID IN FACT MAKE ANY COMMITS, THEN PLEASE CLEAR UP THIS MISUNDERSTANDING AND DOCUMENT THAT!

well? anytime!
I just checked that site - http://www.joshuazeidner.com/ - ctrl-f 'bitcoin' 'java' 'crypto' - not one mention of any of those on his blog.

Looks like this 'Joshua Zeidner' is heavily into aquaponics.

u are not digging deep enough my friend, it is exactly Josh's site

http://home.joshuazeidner.com/home/index-html/excuses

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rippleusers/ILkRKbS-v6E/xUCL3-X-B_gJ

What if bluemeanie ends up in hospital. Is that acceptable?

not at all acceptable. this lies not in the liability of what i posted here.  note that i did not even post home address in full text nor did i endorse any attack/crime whatsoever by any means.  i am highly opposed to such activity.

~CfA~
Activity: 544
LOL Come-from-Above! You made a killing here!  Cool

Are you sure this is the same guy as Bluemeanie, Joshua Zeidner? If you're wrong, and this guy & his family come to harm then I think this is very bad. I think bluemeanie is a scum bag, but come-from-above isn't the most sane person on this forum (NEM zealot on a manic high posting 24/7 lately, many posts off the planet).

I'm concerned about this. If there's a 1% chance this isn't the guy, then it's still too high to risk publishing his details and inciting vigilante action.

kennyP,  bluemeanie1 confirmed its him. there is only one Joshua Zeidner in Phoenix, Arizona who happens to be a Java Developer and involved in Bitcoin. Not two, three or more, just one.

Ur worries are legitimate, understood and recognized, albeit not necessary as u can confirm all the details on ur own by researching for 10 minutes.

~CfA~

I just checked that site - http://www.joshuazeidner.com/ - ctrl-f 'bitcoin' 'java' 'crypto' - not one mention of any of those on his blog.

Looks like this 'Joshua Zeidner' is heavily into aquaponics.

Can you link to where bluemeanie confirms it's him? If it is then maybe threatening to release his location would be a better first step. What if bluemeanie ends up in hospital. Is that acceptable?

I want BM 'encouraged' to return the 1 million NXT, but even scum bags can have innocent kids in their house.

Are you sure this is the same guy as Bluemeanie, Joshua Zeidner? If you're wrong, and this guy & his family come to harm then I think this is very bad. I think bluemeanie is a scum bag, but come-from-above isn't the most sane person on this forum (NEM zealot on a manic high posting 24/7 lately, many posts off the planet).

I'm concerned about this. If there's a 1% chance this isn't the guy, then it's still too high to risk publishing his details and inciting vigilante action.

kennyP,  bluemeanie1 confirmed its him. there is only one Joshua Zeidner in Phoenix, Arizona who happens to be a Java Developer and involved in Bitcoin. Not two, three or more, just one.

Ur worries are legitimate, understood and recognized, albeit not necessary as u can confirm all the details on ur own by researching for 10 minutes.

~CfA~
Activity: 544

What if someone starts making death threats to this location, and an innocent guy and his family get victimised. I'm a parent, and maybe this guy has kids. This doesn't feel good to me. Have you ever been on the receiving end of a threatening call .... what about your kids?

If this was bluemeanie it still would make me uncomfortable, but if it's not then this act (publishing real world location) could severely back fire.

Before anyone hi-5's Come-from-above check his posting record. Do you really want to encourage this, maybe an innocent guy and his family getting hurt. Even a guilty guy.

Some very respected people seem to be condoning this. Strange
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I can't believe how 2 weeks old member of community could get 1M NXT for development  Huh
Yep.  This.
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
https://nxtforum.org/
so bm's case is a coincidence to john's hacked account case.

i wonder, can anyone link what ways could bm have compromised john's account?

are those two ever in contact?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Activity: 644
I can't believe how 2 weeks old member of community could get 1M NXT for development  Huh

What can I say ?
BM/Joshua seemed sane at the time

I don't know if he was involved the other scam, but he clearly  was using this incident to run away from project he himself initiated, along with the money he was paid.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Censored address: **** ******** Polk St Phoenix, AZ 85007
Google Maps/StreetView

Joshua Zeidner will not have a slightest chance other than boarding a plane as fast as he can.

Ya gotta love posting a mouse-over captioned Google Map link right under a "censored" street address.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
I made no killing whatsoever.

money was transfered to me.  It was worth roughly 15k.  As you may know NXT doesnt exactly buy much of anything tangible, thus Bter.  

as far as I knew- the TD had made a payment to me for support of the project(it was at the time $1000 worth of NXT).  That was the sum total of 'community involvement'.  I am willing to refund this money.  

Just quoting numbers here:

Approx price of Nxt on 02-06 $ 0.05.
After that day, it only went up.

So 1 million on thát day was around $ 50,000, not $ 15,000.

That is quite a gap of $ 35,000.

Unless there is still Nxt on Bter, that is of course possible.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

What can I say ?
BM/Joshua seemed sane at the time, and a competent Java dev. He was working on a potential goldmine of a project.....
1 megaNXT still seems like too much to me, tbh, but it wasn't my decision.

But then the silly bastard has a sudden attack of lunacy, decides that the sky is falling, and then runs off with a big pile of cash that he recieved in payment for work he hasn't done, leaving a project and its investors in trouble.

Stylish, BM, very smooth and professional.

I'm not sure if he really can be linked to the John attack, seems like coincidence, but if he is linked, then we move up into legal action territory.
Who needs TV when you have NXT......

Pages:
Jump to: