Pages:
Author

Topic: Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post - page 10. (Read 16767 times)

Activity: 739
Merit: 500
What can one except from 100% premined coins. Sad
Are you people slow? Someone pulled a scam with a forum post. How is this about Nxt?
It's kind bad press for NXT. Scams related to a certain coins usually make people stay away from it (yes this goes for Bitcoin too, but it is worse for alts). It's not a problem in the coin though.

Sure, it's bad press. But mostly because of threads like this, that don't present the facts, but ppl scream second hand information or outright lies.
I'm ok with any real critisism, but if it's done with an agenda or because of stupidity, that bugs me.
Wish people would be reasonable...
Activity: 574
The problem is misrepresentation: this scandel doesn't involve a single NXT, nor was the Nxt Platform used  Roll Eyes From what we know, it was a well targetted old fashioned hack.

Who'd of thought it, someone lying on BitcoinTrashTalk  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Are you people slow? Someone pulled a scam with a forum post. How is this about Nxt?
It's kind bad press for NXT. Scams related to a certain coins usually make people stay away from it (yes this goes for Bitcoin too, but it is worse for alts). It's not a problem in the coin though.
Activity: 574

There is no mining in Nxt. It is Proof of Stake, everyone have 60 days to express an interest, ask questions and join. Only 103 did and only 73 came forward to claim their stake.

About the scam (the real one, not the one in your imagination): John is not a public (or any) boss, he is someone who represented the community at PayExpo. He has attended less than half of the conferences Nxt has attended. It was not 250k, it was 74 BTC total, 49 from one person who was specificly targeted. There is no evidence at this point that it was John, more likely that his email account was hacked to reset passwords on nxtforum and twitter. It's being investigated.

But go on with your nonsense, facts just get in your way.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
NXT = greatest scam to get a few people rich in history.  No mining no way to fairly distribute.  Everyone got the chance to get Litecoin.

I think NXT has the worst distribution of any coin in history - but it shows the power of bribery, back room dealing, and mega scam fraud quite well.

The NXT conference leader whose is the public boss of NXT just stole $250,000 worth of BTC.  Its on the record for anyone to see.

NXT is a den of thieves.

There are a lot of false claims in what you write.

NXT is the most innovative coin available and actually does something new and useful.  NXT is 1st to market with a fast, usable decentralized asset exchange.  And NXT developers cannot control fraudsters who might choose to operate there.  No problem though, the decentralized community will weed them out and reputable assets will become known as they establish good reputations and return solid dividends.

Everyone on these forums has a chance to take part in NXT.  There was the NXT IPO for a month and following this a period where many were buying NXT at stupidly low prices.  Those people understood what NXT is, similar to how the original Bitcoin adopters understood what it is.

Even today NXT is only about 9 cents each. LOL.  The cost of a Bitcoin TX fee!   Now those that did not have the balls cry scam.  I suppose you'd rather cry scam and drive newbies toward some copy and paste coins you control.  We can now see who the real scammers are.

With regard to your claim about an inability to mine NXT, you are incorrect.  NXT can be both mined with a multipool and forged.

http://nxtpool.com
http://nxtroll.org
http://www.nxtio.org

NXT = greatest scam to get a few people rich in history.  No mining no way to fairly distribute.  Everyone got the chance to get Litecoin.

I think NXT has the worst distribution of any coin in history - but it shows the power of bribery, back room dealing, and mega scam fraud quite well.

The NXT conference leader whose is the public boss of NXT just stole $250,000 worth of BTC.  Its on the record for anyone to see.

NXT is a den of thieves.

You really are a miner fanboy, who has a problem with facts.
I'm not arguing with your stupid statments about Nxt, you had your reply to this countless times.

About the scam (the real one, not the one in your imagination): John is not a public (or any) boss, he is someone who represented the community at PayExpo. This was posted here at least 5 times now, try to understand it. It was not 250k, it was 74 BTC total, 49 from one people who was specificly targeted. There is no evidence at this point that it was John, more likely that his account was hacked. It's being investigated.

But go on with your nonsense, facts just get in your way.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
NXT = greatest scam to get a few people rich in history.  No mining no way to fairly distribute.  Everyone got the chance to get Litecoin.

The NXT conference leader whose is the public boss of NXT just stole $250,000 worth of BTC.  Its on the record for anyone to see.

NXT is a den of thieves.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The FUD, ignorance & hate spread in this threat is ridiculous. I really wonder what motivates people to start a personal war against NXT & some NXT members... since NXT is about to "attack" big companies (with multigateway competing with traditional exchanges for example)

Then Nxters really do have bigger foes to worry about. I really hope that Nxt's multigateway innovation doesn't get crushed by the laws like Tucker Automotive was back in 1949:

Quote from: Wikipedia
Turmoil surrounding Tucker Corporation (1946-1948)
The Securities and Exchange commission bothered the Tucker Corporation from its earliest days. The SEC was embittered after small automaker Kaiser-Frazer was given millions of dollars in grants towards development of a new car, and subsequently squandered the money. While Tucker took no money from the federal government, small upstart automakers were under intense SEC scrutiny, and Tucker was no exception.

One of Tucker's most innovative business ideas caused the most trouble for the company and was used by the SEC to spark its formal investigation. His Accessories Program raised funds by selling accessories before the car was even in production. Potential buyers who purchased Tucker accessories were guaranteed a spot on the dealer waiting list for a Tucker '48 car. Tucker also began selling dealerships before the car was ready for production, and at the time of the trial had sold over 2000 dealerships nationwide at a price of $7500 to nearly $30,000 each.

Feeling pressure from the SEC, Harry Aubrey Toulmin, Jr., the chairman of the Tucker board of directors, resigned and wrote a letter to the SEC on September 26, 1947, in an attempt to distance himself from the company.[6] In the letter, Toulmin indicated that he quit "because of the manner in which Preston Tucker is using the funds obtained from the public through sale of stock." Describing Tucker as "a tall, dark, delightful, but inexperienced boy", Toulmin added that the Tucker '48 machine "does not actually run, it just goes 'goose-geese'" and "I don't know if it can back up."[7] In reply, Tucker stated that he had asked Toulmin to resign "to make way for a prominent man now active in the automobile industry." The "prominent man" turned out to be Preston Tucker himself.

In late 1947, a radio segment on Tucker by popular journalist Drew Pearson criticized the Tucker '48, calling it the "tin goose" (referring to Toulmin's "goose-geese" comments) and noting that the first prototype "could not even back up". The first prototype lacked a reverse gear because Tucker had not had time to finish the direct torque drive by the time of the car's unveiling. This was corrected in the final driveline, but the public damage was done and a negative media feeding frenzy resulted. Tucker responded by publishing a full page advertisement in many national newspapers with "an open letter to the automobile industry", where he subtly hinted that his efforts to build the cars were being stymied by politics and an SEC conspiracy.[8] Nonetheless, dealership owners began filing lawsuits to recover their money, and Tucker's stock value plummeted.

SEC trial and demise of the Tucker Corporation (1949-1950)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Tucker#Turmoil_surrounding_Tucker_Corporation_.281946-1948.29

I'm worried myself, as I'm involved with the Nxt clone NFD. So worried, I bought, paid for and have a copy of a ~3,500 page book covering the Ontario, Canada securities laws and regulations. [Yes, I'm Ontarian.]

Because NFD is a Nxt clone, I'm 100% in the tank for Nxt innovations and the Nxt AE. Don't have much choice, do I? Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
How much you've been spending... and where did it come from... and who is your accountant?  
Anon coins won't help you much if you have an expensive lifestyle... like a nice house and family.

As a general comment, the above is old news. The IRS has been conducting "net worth audits" since the 1970s. I know because once, after spending my pennies at a used book store, I came across a warning about net-worth audits in a book published ~1979 or so.

Back then, it was pretty rudimentary: they totaled up your declared income for your tax-paying life or 20 years and then compared the total to a list of assets you own that they could find: house, cars, etc.

I'm sure that the procedures are much more sophisticated right now. Not to mention more straightforward: old standards like bearer bonds have been killed off, and virtually every asset has either breadcrumbs or records detailing sales and ownership. Funny how, at about the same time that the Supreme Court found a "right to privacy" in the Ninth Amendment, FedGov started determinately whittling away at our financial privacy...

Activity: 140
If this is the case, I suggest them to ask bluemeanie1  to return the money as soon as possible.

I won't be holding my breadth on any money return. The guy just showed up recently in Nxt forum/thread. Why was he even given money at all?

John is someone who has been around with Nxt for a long time. In fact it goes back to early December when Nxt was very new

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4025981

bluemeanie1  of course doesn't know that as he himself is someone totally new to Nxt and most likely he is the scammer. 

Can we wait please until bm writes back?
C'mon guys don't start accusing ppl so fast
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
there are also some significant questions regarding his claims to a deal struck with GoCoin...

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoCoin/status/478673418213392385
Activity: 644
If this is the case, I suggest them to ask bluemeanie1  to return the money as soon as possible.

I won't be holding my breadth on any money return. The guy just showed up recently in Nxt forum/thread. Why was he even given money at all?

John is someone who has been around with Nxt for a long time. In fact it goes back to early December when Nxt was very new

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4025981

bluemeanie1  of course doesn't know that as he himself is someone totally new to Nxt and most likely he is the scammer. 
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Could any of the admins at nxtforum (Damelon, VanBreuk, Farl4bit, Wesleyh... even Anon136) confirm that bluemeanie1 was paid for do some code for NXT?

Thanks.
Activity: 910
tl;dr

Probably one forum account got hacked and the hacker used this account to grab some BTC (not hundreds).

Moving on.
Activity: 468
i believe john is innocent. we need to find out who is the hacker. karma will come sooner or later.
legendary
Activity: 1225
guy comes out of nowhere talking up NXT.  guy does one show.  guy says, I have a good reputation.  guy says, send me lots of BTC and I will give you really cheap NXT, so you will be rich.  guy says, he doesn't accept escrow.  guy, says all the coins are lost.  

guy is a thief and liar

The general consensus up until now is that John's account was hacked. I say innocent until proven guilty.
Activity: 644
guy comes out of nowhere talking up NXT.  

He didn't come out of nowhere. I remember  John was involved in Nxt even back in January. bluemeanie1 is someone who came out of nowhere.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
guy comes out of nowhere talking up NXT.  guy does one show.  guy says, I have a good reputation.  guy says, send me lots of BTC and I will give you really cheap NXT, so you will be rich.  guy says, he doesn't accept escrow.  guy, says all the coins are lost.  

guy is a thief and liar
Pages:
Jump to: