Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought) - page 10. (Read 98893 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
that's exactly the problem, when you use a pool as a backup you are actually pool hooping as you get connect to it just couple of short times a week and most of pools hate that. So only good backup pool is an PPS one Sad I dont see any other option than PPS as backup pool

The only one on my list that is not a good back up pool is Slush... and you never know when you fail over just how long it could be for...mins, hours or days.

EDIT: P2Pool also would not be a good choice for back up, as both Slush and to a lesser amount P2Pool you can lose your shares if a block is not found soon after moving miners away. Not the case with Kano's as you will get paid something and I don't think he would be mad if you used it as a back up pool.

P2Pool is a great choice for a backup if it's also your primary.  Pick any nodes you want and when you fail over no work is lost.  Using p2pool strictly as a backup is not the ideal choice, simply because of the difficulty of finding a share to get onto the chain.  Kano's pool really isn't a good choice either because unless you're going to be mining on it long enough to get over the dust payout threshold, you're not going to get payouts when blocks are found.  You'd be better served going with a pool like BTC Guild where you can setup an automatic withdrawal threshold or manually withdraw your coins.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Status on the website has changed and now says: ETA: ~4 hours to finish processing backlogged shares...payments to resume shortly after.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Posted on the pool now...

ETA: ~4 hours to finish processing backlogged shares...payments to resume shortly after.

I hope all get what they have coming
legendary
that's exactly the problem, when you use a pool as a backup you are actually pool hooping as you get connect to it just couple of short times a week and most of pools hate that. So only good backup pool is an PPS one Sad I dont see any other option than PPS as backup pool

The only one on my list that is not a good back up pool is Slush... and you never know when you fail over just how long it could be for...mins, hours or days.

EDIT: P2Pool also would not be a good choice for back up, as both Slush and to a lesser amount P2Pool you can lose your shares if a block is not found soon after moving miners away. Not the case with Kano's as you will get paid something and I don't think he would be mad if you used it as a back up pool.
Activity: 312
Merit: 111
legendary
I use this pool only as backup, mainly I am on the f2pool.
But now I am looking for a new backup pool and any other pool that doenst do PPS isnt working well as backup pool as normally you use the backup pool only when the connection is lost to the main pool.

Any suggestion for a good PPS pools?

DFish pays on time and is pretty steady but it comes at a 4% fee.

Kano's pool is a PPLNS  honest and well run, but really in the end it pays like a PPS as you get paid for a while if you pull your miners.

I hate to admit this but I am trying AntPool for the first time...

Then you have Slush pool which has its good day and then sometimes has GREAT days...but again its not PPS
Activity: 312
Merit: 111
I use this pool only as backup, mainly I am on the f2pool.
But now I am looking for a new backup pool and any other pool that doenst do PPS isnt working well as backup pool as normally you use the backup pool only when the connection is lost to the main pool.

Any suggestion for a good PPS pools?
legendary
This is posted on the BAN's pool page and does not sound good....

All shares are currently being tracked.. we're currently working to resolve other pool statistics... including pending payouts...

i guess it was a good thing i took a screen shot of my pending payouts tab so i know how many shares i put in..

im still on ck.solo.. think im going to give it a while.

Good thinking.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

All shares are currently being tracked.. we're currently working to resolve other pool statistics... including pending payouts...

i guess it was a good thing i took a screen shot of my pending payouts tab so i know how many shares i put in..

im still on ck.solo.. think im going to give it a while.
legendary

legendary
Hmm, I'm rather curious about something, so to ask a rather simple question that clearly I seem to be missing the point of some information provided in the opening post.
The pool has 26 servers all around the world right?
So ... why is it possible to take them all out with one bad switch in one data centre?
Maybe they've got 26 pool servers that all connect back to a single stats tracking database, and that's the server that went down?

Sounds to me like another convenient version of "my hot wallet got hacked".  Why people continue to mine on this pool is beyond me.

I have to agree with you.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Sounds to me like another convenient version of "my hot wallet got hacked".

Shhhh........don't tell everyone  Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10941703
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hmm, I'm rather curious about something, so to ask a rather simple question that clearly I seem to be missing the point of some information provided in the opening post.
So ... why is it possible to take them all out with one bad switch in one data centre?
Maybe they've got 26 pool servers that all connect back to a single stats tracking database, and that's the server that went down?

Sounds to me like another convenient version of "my hot wallet got hacked".  Why people continue to mine on this pool is beyond me.
legendary

I am glad you asked it kano but hope you don't think you will get a answer here? Wink When the frontend was down I tried to point a miner yesterday back to the pool using the geo address to see if mining was still ongoing behind the scene, which it  should have directed me to the best server and it showed dead but I did not try a direct server itself to see if I could mine on it, which in the past if one would go down you could still mine on others. Also I know the error  reading I was getting did say it was going thru Chicago which is the closes server to me.

The timing of this outage and or any data loss will be bad for everyone that had a pending payout balance. The last I seen the pool was behind @185+BTC and had zero coins waiting to be confirmed but I believe it had 3 confirmed and not paid out yet.  If the information is loss there will be a lot of miners getting screwed over.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
"All shares are currently being tracked.. we're currently working to resolve other pool statistics... including pending payouts..."

Is what's on top of the login area page. No real clue how a bad switch can make stats not work anymore, for the time being, but hopefully things will clear up. Oddly though, s0br has not appeared on irc lately, for about two days now. So, miners are mining on the pool, you just have no way of seeing what they are doing now. If payouts have been up to date, people could have rested easy another day. As it is now, with people waiting for the largest amount ever for a payout, the situation seems a bit scary to me.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
the webpage are loading  Shocked

yeah but

Pool Hashrate
0.00 PH/s

Pool Workers
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
legendary