Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought) - page 5. (Read 98893 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 262
Is maith liom bitcoin
there's just been a run of payments of 150 bitcoin, i got my balances cleared in full, old and new difficulty.

Time since last payment sent: 6 minutes, 41 seconds.
We've paid out 150.52920770 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 24 hours.
We've paid out 150.52920770 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 3 days.
We've paid out 347.43308466 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 7 days.
We've paid out 430.48639475 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 14 days.
Our combined oustanding balance in queue to be paid is 107.12771135 Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Someone posted Meni's pool analysis document again recently in the p2pool thread.
https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

Although not all of it is gospel, there is an interesting calculation in the appendix that people mining here should take note of
(of course directly related to what I've said before)

If a PPS pool charges a 5% fee, and at any point in time, (only) has a reserve of 250BTC, then the chance of eventual bankruptcy is ... ~81.9% without paying BTC into the pool by the operator.

To have the chance of eventual bankruptcy to be 0.1% on a PPS pool charging a 5% fee, requires a reserve of ... ~1727 BTC

Important to note of course those numbers are if the pool is charging a 5% fee.
... not a 0% fee ... or even a -1% (a 1% bonus) as is the case here.

(N.B. I updated the numbers above for 25BTC since the original doc is back when the block reward was 50BTC)

I wonder if s0br has any idea at all about any of this.

at one point in time, the pool had the highest earning machines.. so essentially they were paying themselves..
they have put those machines somewhere else.. possibly to recoup some costs..
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Someone posted Meni's pool analysis document again recently in the p2pool thread.
https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

Although not all of it is gospel, there is an interesting calculation in the appendix that people mining here should take note of
(of course directly related to what I've said before)

If a PPS pool charges a 5% fee, and at any point in time, (only) has a reserve of 250BTC, then the chance of eventual bankruptcy is ... ~81.9% without paying BTC into the pool by the operator.

To have the chance of eventual bankruptcy to be 0.1% on a PPS pool charging a 5% fee, requires a reserve of ... ~1727 BTC

Important to note of course those numbers are if the pool is charging a 5% fee.
... not a 0% fee ... or even a -1% (a 1% bonus) as is the case here.

(N.B. I updated the numbers above for 25BTC since the original doc is back when the block reward was 50BTC)

I wonder if s0br has any idea at all about any of this.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
today I was completely paid.  :-)

Thats good news...now run!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I can confirm that today I was paid for the current difficulty in full and partially paid for the previous difficulty.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
today I was completely paid.  :-)
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
before I come back it would be nice to see my 4 or 5 nmc get paid off along with my 5 doge coins. until then I am a no show.
legendary
can i directly purchase hashpower from bitaffnet

No. Even if you could - don't. You'll get scammed. This is a scam pool operated by a confirmed scammer.

thanks for this information its hard to look through so much post history

Try and take some time and find out about the pool you decide to mine on.
legendary
It's looking better as the pool as it stands right now, only @75 BTC in the hole

Time since last payment sent: 33 minutes, 2 seconds.
We've paid out 98.09733456 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 24 hours.
We've paid out 98.09733456 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 3 days.
We've paid out 295.00121152 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 7 days.
We've paid out 378.05452161 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 14 days.
Our combined oustanding balance in queue to be paid is 144.89139328 Bitcoin.
There are 3 mined blocks waiting to mature, totalling 75 Bitcoin
Height: 352938 Confirmations: 26
Height: 352925 Confirmations: 39
Height: 352921 Confirmations: 43

No. Even if you could - don't. You'll get scammed. This is a scam pool operated by a confirmed scammer.

thanks for this information its hard to look through so much post history
legendary

Is this question for real Huh
Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Don't hold your breath waiting for any payments on blocks found by lobogil - that is the worker name s0br uses (Gil), which is a combination of the stolen hardware from BA, the S3's he "gave away" to himself & whatever rentals he can get with your earnings. Rental rates have gone through the roof lately - so kiss your hard earned missing coins bye-bye  Roll Eyes

And yes, he chooses who he wants to pay. Usually only himself.
legendary
A nice run of luck in the last 24 hours might start to make a dent in the backlog of payments Smiley

It's now 35 days that my balance has been outstanding Sad

Yes the pool is on fire today with those four blocks. What I question is the pool hash rate has more than doubled since yesterday. The miner that has found 3 of the 4 blocks today does not show the server and am now wondering if it's rentals? Wondering if s0br is gambling with the coins from 2 days ago blocks instead of paying the miners? Tigggger you were with the pool for a long time and a larger miner to be treated this way and be waiting this long for payment.

There seems to be reasoning on who gets paid and who waits.
legendary
Activity: 1098
A nice run of luck in the last 24 hours might start to make a dent in the backlog of payments Smiley

It's now 35 days that my balance has been outstanding Sad

legendary
Simply put the pool is better off at it's current hashrate level at about 1.5PH. If I was in charge of keeping it at this rate, holding back payments is the way to go, especially when the pool can get past 6PH and get everything worse off like it did. How else can a pool dig it out of a 125btc-ish hole?
By the way that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The bigger a PPS pool is the more likely it will be to get enough blocks to cover variance.

Really the whole post makes no sense and s0br has no right to hold anybody's payments back.
Simply put the pool is better off at it's current hashrate level at about 1.5PH. If I was in charge of keeping it at this rate, holding back payments is the way to go, especially when the pool can get past 6PH and get everything worse off like it did. How else can a pool dig it out of a 125btc-ish hole?
By the way that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The bigger a PPS pool is the more likely it will be to get enough blocks to cover variance.

Standard BS statement from a s0brzoid eh?

Ah yes, the s0br "sickness"...... Cheesy Cheesy

I remember s0br done something similar a while ago, blaming his disappearance on "weather related internet issues" - yet he could be seen online constantly spending miners owed earnings at MRR - same old story with the scammer known as s0br  Roll Eyes

Obvious laughing-stock pool is obvious  Cheesy Cheesy
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Pages:
Jump to: