Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitamp Bitcoin Web Wallet - Send & Receive Bitcoin Instantly! - page 28. (Read 13557 times)

Activity: 396
Merit: 5
Basically, people always choose a web wallet based on strong security system as well as good privacy setting, some wallet is using multi signature technology so they are getting accepted to the cryptocurrency platform, that's why you should also focus on this point.
So far I have gone through to this Bitamp Wallet, It's enough secure and user friendly to me, not only that but also you have got a good platform where your security is basically at your's hand, you don't have to submit any Seeds, Private Keys, or any other address, That's why It's reliable along with dependable.
Activity: 314
Merit: 17
Basically, people always choose a web wallet based on strong security system as well as good privacy setting, some wallet is using multi signature technology so they are getting accepted to the cryptocurrency platform, that's why you should also focus on this point.

Focus on which point exactly? You're going to have to be more specific if you want a response. Have you actually tried our wallet yet? We appreciate feedback but it has to be constructive and specific for us to be able to respond well:) Thank you for your interest!
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
Activity: 18
Well, What about your transaction fees? Does the transaction fees related to the increasing transaction? normally a user can pay to the miner to get faster service, what's yours?

We don't charge any fees, no regular Bitcoin wallet ever should. Any fee you pay is part of the protocol itself and goes to the miners securing the network, not us. We have three settings in the wallet: priority, regular, slow.
That's sound very good, Except the free of cost, others features also seems to be very lucrative, I hope Bitamp will get accepted as one of the most favourite web wallet in the coming days.
Well, What about your transaction fees? Does the transaction fees related to the increasing transaction? normally a user can pay to the miner to get faster service, what's yours?

We don't charge any fees, no regular Bitcoin wallet ever should. Any fee you pay is part of the protocol itself and goes to the miners securing the network, not us. We have three settings in the wallet: priority, regular, slow.
Activity: 18
Do me a favour, as a new comer to this Blockchain system, how could I know that this type of Web Wallet like Bitamp is trustworthy! Basically I am concern about the security system because I have heard a lot of hacking incidents in this platform. Is there anyone please explain about this issue?

The honest answer here is: you don't!

But the beauty of open-source projects like ours is, you don't have to take our word for anything. Our source code is fully verifiable by you or anyone (it's on Github) to see for yourself that it works the way we say it does. If you discover a bug, or vulnerability, you can submit it and we plug it! That's really how any open source project works:)
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Do me a favour, as a new comer to this Blockchain system, how could I know that this type of Web Wallet like Bitamp is trustworthy! Basically I am concern about the security system because I have heard a lot of hacking incidents in this platform. Is there anyone please explain about this issue?
Hello guys! Sorry for the delay in responses. We are a really small team at Bitamp and the development, as I'm sure you understand, will take the majority of their attentions!

So here I am to hopefully provide some very basic attention to the community here at Bitcointalk. I'll do my best to answer queries and gather responses from the devs on technical questions.

So far it's looking good, but here should be provided more information about Bitamp, because people want to know every detail when they get interested in anything, It's my opinion that there is not available sufficient information about this one.

We agree that we could put up more information and this will certainly come in future. Which information do you feel is critically urgent?

1. Most people don't like web wallets because they are so prone to phishing attacks unlike software versions. ~snip Do you have any plans to creating a  software wallet?

2. You should encourage people to generate their seeds offline using your wallet (it's a more secure way) just in case someone is watching since your wallet is browser based... It could be a malicious extension on the browser of the person trying to create a wallet. This should be in the instructions just before someone generates a seed or login. ~snip

3.  I was also not able to log into your wallet offline which make it less secure. Again, pick a leaf from MyEtherwallet: https://www.myetherwallet.com/access-my-wallet

Thank you for your suggestions -- very useful to chew on. We started out with a web wallet because that is easiest for newcomers, and accessible easily without needing to install any app from any device, simply from a browser. It's certainly not the most secure form of access, but it is a step up from logging into an exchange account from your browser!

We'll look into adding those offline options, once we're a bit more confident about the actual application itself!

As you said that Bitamp is bringing to us a lot of privileged to get stored our valuable crypto but my question is that why we are gonna use your platform instead of renowned wallet because they are also backing us as same as you provide.

What we're really trying to do is to change the mindset of newcomers, encouraging them to take control of Bitcoin, using wallets where they actually have access over -- Coinbase is one example of a popular platform (which also many use as a wallet) but they have control over your private keys, not you.

Let's say, I have lost my mobile and I haven't stored a PIN of my Wallet then how could I recover my wallet? And isn't an easy option to fetch my Keys and withdraw my crypto?
OP doesn't say anything about how to recover it. I have discovered, wallet uses BIP39 Seed where you can recover into bitamp site, mycelium, electrum (BIP39 Protocol), coinomi, exodus, etc. Also, wallet created 12 words only, I tried imported 24-word mnemonic seed login worked.

Correct. The only way to recover your wallet is to import your private keys or in our case the seed. If you could recover a wallet with a pin or password sent somewhere, then that pin or password has to be stored somewhere, leaving it vulnerable to theft or hacks.

As you stated that Bitamp is using the latest techonology and using the most secure system so can you give us any assurance not to be hacked anyway? I think this part goes to the users because they have to keep secure their seeds and private keys. isn't it?

Bitcoin technology is enough to ensure that it doesn't get hacked, don't you worry;) And for us, since we never keep your keys or even see it, even if we get hacked, your keys are still yours and are always only on your side (client side). Which is the whole point we're trying to get people to have their own wallet with their own keys!

This type of quality Web Wallet needs for the Bitcoin Investors, I think this should be a great option for them, one thing, Curious mind wants to know is Bitamp available for Destop, iOS and Android?

It works from a web browser, so if you have that on your device, you can use Bitamp.

Activity: 396
Merit: 5
This type of quality Web Wallet needs for the Bitcoin Investors, I think this should be a great option for them, one thing, Curious mind wants to know is Bitamp available for Destop, iOS and Android?
Activity: 207
Merit: 2
As you stated that Bitamp is using the latest techonology and using the most secure system so can you give us any assurance not to be hacked anyway? I think this part goes to the users because they have to keep secure their seeds and private keys. isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 2049
Thanks, I hope Bitamp would consider this issue because It's one of the essential thing to make up a web wallet stronger and secure.
Not necessary, MPK doesn't make wallets to be strong. Every people doesn't recommend a web wallet, because your keys keeping on the web wallet.
Activity: 121
Hello Admin! is there any "Master Public Keys"? I have heard some of the wallets is using Master Public Keys (MPK) and which brings some convenience to the users.
Seem Bitamp doesn't have that's a feature, you can use https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ to get Master Public Keys.

In the following box below you can find BIP32 Extended Public Key as your Master Public Keys (MPK) by generated 12 mnemonic seed in the box above. To be sure to use it in local disk without connecting the internet.

DWYOR
Thanks, I hope Bitamp would consider this issue because It's one of the essential thing to make up a web wallet stronger and secure.
legendary
Hello Admin! is there any "Master Public Keys"? I have heard some of the wallets is using Master Public Keys (MPK) and which brings some convenience to the users.
Seem Bitamp doesn't have that's a feature, you can use https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ to get Master Public Keys.

In the following box below you can find BIP32 Extended Public Key as your Master Public Keys (MPK) by generated 12 mnemonic seed in the box above. To be sure to use it in local disk without connecting the internet.

DWYOR
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
In this blockchain system, there are a numbers of web wallet and I have beed using one of them, it doesn't bring any negative things so far, I haven't got any negative issue even security issue doesn't bother me, besides my current wallet, Bitamp is also looking great to catch my attention, I hope we will work in the coming days.

The concept of this wallet is awesome but you need to understand the vulnerability level of every web wallet with the inclusion of blockchain info wallet and i will always advise all the existing/new user of this wallet to make sure they register their wallet offline copy the seeds before turning on their internet.
That's the point I think about web wallet, but observing this Bitamp so far I feel it's kinda different from any other web wallet because Bitamp has taken some customer's favourable thing such as Anonymity, Instant transaction and the most important thing is the utmost security system. So it looks different from my perspective.
Are you sayng Bitamp Dev are highly experienced than blockchain.info/coinomi Dev? Every web wallet are vulnerable to attack especially clipboard hijack and I'm sure people that created their wallet with an online computer are the most vulnerable.
Activity: 121
Hello Admin! is there any "Master Public Keys"? I have heard some of the wallet is using Master Public Keys (MPK) and which brings some convenience to the users.
legendary
Let's say, I have lost my mobile and I haven't stored a PIN of my Wallet then how could I recover my wallet? And isn't an easy option to fetch my Keys and withdraw my crypto?
OP doesn't say anything about how to recover it. I have discovered, wallet uses BIP39 Seed where you can recover into bitamp site, mycelium, electrum (BIP39 Protocol), coinomi, exodus, etc. Also, wallet created 12 words only, I tried imported 24-word mnemonic seed login worked.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
In this blockchain system, there are a numbers of web wallet and I have beed using one of them, it doesn't bring any negative things so far, I haven't got any negative issue even security issue doesn't bother me, besides my current wallet, Bitamp is also looking great to catch my attention, I hope we will work in the coming days.

The concept of this wallet is awesome but you need to understand the vulnerability level of every web wallet with the inclusion of blockchain info wallet and i will always advise all the existing/new user of this wallet to make sure they register their wallet offline copy the seeds before turning on their internet.
That's the point I think about web wallet, but observing this Bitamp so far I feel it's kinda different from any other web wallet because Bitamp has taken some customer's favourable thing such as Anonymity, Instant transaction and the most important thing is the utmost security system. So it looks different from my perspective.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Good that your wallet is open source, but I will never be a fan of any web based wallet.
It is much easier to be victim of some scam or fake webpage stealing your data.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

Pages:
Jump to: