Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitamp Bitcoin Web Wallet - Send & Receive Bitcoin Instantly! - page 20. (Read 13557 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 17
That bit should include some guidance on where to safely buy and store Bitcoin (especially to tell them to use wallets like Electrum or Bitamp for safety).
For wallet softwares, people have to verify (they should) wallets. How to Safely Download and Verify Electrum.

Get wallets from official websites then verify it because risks of attacks and compromises on website. Officially visit websites & download apps, not fake ones.. A wallet is downloaded from official website is not always a real wallet.

Great point to remind everyone. Always self verify, because especially with big brand names, there are plenty of malicious software out there pretending to be the actual one. A lot of people get hacked that way.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
That bit should include some guidance on where to safely buy and store Bitcoin (especially to tell them to use wallets like Electrum or Bitamp for safety).
For wallet softwares, people have to verify (they should) wallets. How to Safely Download and Verify Electrum.

Get wallets from official websites then verify it because risks of attacks and compromises on website. Officially visit websites & download apps, not fake ones.. A wallet is downloaded from official website is not always a real wallet.
Bitcoin use case: crowdfunding

If you want to be successful on your crowdfunding campaign on gofundme or indiegogo, then you want to prepare a media kit that tells people how to fund! And especially if you want to tap into crypto users (who are a growing portion of crowdfunders, by the way), then you want to even prepare a small part of your media kit targeting people who want to fund it with crypto, or even for those who can only use crypto because they can’t access any of the other payment methods.

No need to frown on Bitcoin users who only want to use their btc on a phone or iPad right guys? I actually do use a mobile device just for my personal hot wallet (never holding more than $50 or so at any given time). It's Bitamp, so just a web wallet. spend and receive on the go. I totally get why people would do stuff on an ipad if it's just casual.
Q: How can one be able to track a Bitcoin wallet or know the name of the person involved?

A: Any blockchain explorer should be able to tell you the wallet transactions. But until you yourself peg an identity to the wallet, you can’t know for sure who the person involved is… though there are also known wallets already marked by many explorers. These are mainly exchanges or even services that have already publicly marked wallets as belonging to them (and signing from them to prove ownership).

Anything anyone else would like to add?
Be cautious of crypto mining investment projects that mostly are PONZI, MLM. In the past, cloud mining services used to be a scam trend.

MLM – a dangerous marketing strategy
Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment)

I agree with Bitamp that if mining service claims to pay a fix profit rate despite of how the crypto market is, it is a likely scam project. In crypto, volatility is high, for bitcoin and even higher for altcoins so companies will take all high risks to their sides if they keep promises to pay a fixed profit amount for investors. It is not realistic in terms of company risk-cost-benefit management and in financial aspect generally.

I hate to say it, but there probably isn't any sort of legitimate crypto mining project. If you want in, you have to do it on your own, there's really no viable co-mining opportunity out there. I thought I'd just like to mention it because we get asked a lot.

Most don't even pay out to your own wallet anymore, it's just accumulations in their own accounts.
Be cautious of crypto mining investment projects that mostly are PONZI, MLM. In the past, cloud mining services used to be a scam trend.

MLM – a dangerous marketing strategy
Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment)

I agree with Bitamp that if mining service claims to pay a fix profit rate despite of how the crypto market is, it is a likely scam project. In crypto, volatility is high, for bitcoin and even higher for altcoins so companies will take all high risks to their sides if they keep promises to pay a fixed profit amount for investors. It is not realistic in terms of company risk-cost-benefit management and in financial aspect generally.
PSA: People keep asking us about crypto mining sites.

For us, the advice is always to assume they are scams. Why?

1. They make no mention of their mining pools and rewards/blocks found statistics.
2. They make a fixed payment of profits to you, which is impossible in mining because you only get rewards when you find blocks, which is a probability, not a given.
3. They cannot even show you their wallets and blockchain stats.
4. They cannot say where their sites are.

This description basically fits all mining sites claiming to mine and offer you packages to co-mine.
It seems that person has technical problems on his/her side but I think you can look at that thread Bitamp login seed problem, then see whether you can give him any advice to resolve this technical trouble.

I don't have such problems on my side with Bitamp wallet. A few others claimed no problem with Bitamp wallet as well.

Thanks, yes, we also tested and found no issues so it could be a problem from the user side. We've reached out and asked them to see if they need any further assistance.
It seems that person has technical problems on his/her side but I think you can look at that thread Bitamp login seed problem, then see whether you can give him any advice to resolve this technical trouble.

I don't have such problems on my side with Bitamp wallet. A few others claimed no problem with Bitamp wallet as well.
The wallet you were just showing was all for demonstration? -snip-

Yes. This is NOT my wallet, I do NOT use it and I do NOT know the seed.

Phew, good. Thanks for bringing that up, DarkStar_ and yes, guys. Never ever show your wallet in a screenshot with your private keys and/or seed, as pointed out, very easy to bruteforce when you only have a handful of words hidden. Good catch!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 2150
Crypto Swap Exchange
The wallet you were just showing was all for demonstration? -snip-

Yes. This is NOT my wallet, I do NOT use it and I do NOT know the seed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
Quick heads up, if you plan on actually using that wallet, it's extremely easy to bruteforce a small number of missing seed words and/or the last few characters of a private key. You should consider the wallet compromised and generate a new wallet.

I know that, I hid some words so that a newbie can't use it..
The wallet you were just showing was all for demonstration? If it has btc on it then it could open by brute force. If you are holding some funds with it might get compromised anyway I know you were not holding any funds in that wallet since you give some seed phrase and it is just for demonstration. Good job in doing it. It seems like not an easy task to to manuallt bruteforce bitcoin wallet and no one will going to have an interest with wallet that has nonm funds stored.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Quick heads up, if you plan on actually using that wallet, it's extremely easy to bruteforce a small number of missing seed words and/or the last few characters of a private key. You should consider the wallet compromised and generate a new wallet.

I know that, I hid some words so that a newbie can't use it..
Totally agree. I fully shown the wallet I used to express my idea there but I did not hide addresss, private key details because I won't use it.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
Just a feedback.. The seed should be hidden by default like the private keys.

https://i.imgur.com/lNEv71j.png

https://i.imgur.com/c0ptrTr.png

We had a LOT of really good and constructive comments when we asked on Reddit if really we cannot compromise on "not your keys, not your coins" and while it's clear a lot of people think we shouldn't budge from that stance, many others also agree that there are some cases where this may not be the best thing for everyone. Feel free to change their minds;)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We'll pass them on to our devs. Really appreciate the time!

Can we have the same info for the Receive bitcoin page. Newbies in crypto might not feel familiar with 3 types of address and they might make faults by choosing inappropriate address.

Awesome suggestions guys. You're right, this might cause confusion... keep both pages the same right? We'll also pass them on.
It should be an option to show or hide private keys or sees as same as with password when people log in their accounts on exchanges, services.

I would like to have another feedback.

There is difference between Receive bitcoin page and Account address page

In Receive bitcoin page, it has only a drop-down list of receive addresses

In Account address page, it has a drop-down menu or tags for 3 types of bitcoin address in the Address list: standard (1xx), legacy (3xx), segwit (bxx)

Can we have the same info for the Receive bitcoin page. Newbies in crypto might not feel familiar with 3 types of address and they might make faults by choosing inappropriate address.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange

Pages:
Jump to: