Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitamp Bitcoin Web Wallet - Send & Receive Bitcoin Instantly! - page 24. (Read 13557 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 17
I've created a wallet on Bitamp, overall easy to use and user friendly to access from PC or mobile
it seems like some features can be added, such as multisign wallet and Sign/verify message

At the moment, we're fully focused on being a wallet first and foremost.
At least you already have a plan to add an Exchange feature. This would be great, if we can buy/sell and as well as being able to store assets safely because we have wallet access.

Thank you for the feedback roycilik! We agree, it would be a good idea to do a multisig wallet but for now, what we really want to focus on is to educate people and make them aware of the importance of having your own wallet with sole access via private keys.

We agree and will pass on feedback about being able to sign/verify.

Not sure we'll ever do the exchange though!
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1971
1% Skill 99% Luck :v
I've created a wallet on Bitamp, overall easy to use and user friendly to access from PC or mobile
it seems like some features can be added, such as multisign wallet and Sign/verify message

At the moment, we're fully focused on being a wallet first and foremost.
At least you already have a plan to add an Exchange feature. This would be great, if we can buy/sell and as well as being able to store assets safely because we have wallet access.
We provide a lot of advice and in a way, are wallet consultants ourselves;)

But in terms of other types of blockchain consultancies, there are others. Some common areas for blockchain consultancies include:
- talent sourcing — blockchain developers are still in demand and there aren’t nearly enough good ones who don’t already have a job so looking for the appropriate coders, developers, programmers is an area that consultancies do
- legal — regulatory compliance is increasingly important for blockchain projects today and especially if you operate cross border or work and employ remotely, this could be a service you really need.
- PR & marketing — many consultancies actually started off this way, Wachsman, one of the biggest in New York, and Amazix, one of the pioneers in consultancies, both started out broadly as blockchain marketing firms. Some of the newer ones like CryptoMarketeer continue to expand in what is probably the most competitive area of blockchain consultancy.
- smart contract auditing — almost all blockchain products use smart contracts now and because the tech is still so immature, so auditing is extremely important to identify vulnerabilities.

Which type of consultancy is a wallet consultant?Wink
Could Bitcoin theoretically be "destroyed" if say an insanely wealthy group of people/government accumulated like 90% of all the Bitcoin in existence?

We can get into quite heated arguments at the office when we try to collectively answer questions like this but for once, we generally agreed on two assumptions that would have to happen for this theoretical scenario to pan out:
  • 1. A state/government would devalue its money less quickly than the market price of Bitcoin would rise if they started buying it up (90% is practically every satoshi in existence now).
  • 2. All the owners would have to agree to sell to the same entity.

So, theoretically, yes, practically, no. Agree?
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
We sometimes get questions about non-Bitcoin wallet issues, and today we were asked if a single wallet was enough to store all stablecoins. Our quick answer is no, since not all stablecoins belong on the same blockchain.

The majority of them now are ERC20 tokens (so they're on Ethereum blockchain) but does anyone remember when Tether wasn't? Wink
Tether has been actively operated on three chains. Bitcoin with OMNI layer, Ethereum with ERC20 and Tron with TRC20.
We sometimes get questions about non-Bitcoin wallet issues, and today we were asked if a single wallet was enough to store all stablecoins. Our quick answer is no, since not all stablecoins belong on the same blockchain.

The majority of them now are ERC20 tokens (so they're on Ethereum blockchain) but does anyone remember when Tether wasn't? Wink
My blockchain wallet shows some balance. However, when I try to transfer, it says insufficient balance.

Ever come across this problem? One of our most common queries, actually.

There are several possible solutions here but in our experience, the most likely solutions are:

1. Setting your miner/transaction fee. Sometimes, some clients won’t calculate the fees for you so you have to ensure the fee + transaction amount does not exceed your available balance. In Electrum, one of the most popular Bitcoin wallets, once you have set your fee, you can type “!” into the transaction field to send the maximum possible amount after fees.
2. Some have a minimum amount that must be kept in the wallet.
3. Some wallets are “watch only” whereby you cannot even send the funds. You need private keys to access and manipulate funds in most wallets (with they keys you actually sign a transaction and broadcast it).

Agree?
theymos mentioned about Monero in Decent mixing methods
Privacy for Bitcoin transactions and don't check address with block explorers without Tor.

Indeed, Monero really is as good as it gets for the time being, regardless of how many hundred other privacy coins there are out there (believe us, there are at least over a hundred all claiming to be the most private, most secure and most anonymous).

Of course, there are as you point out also many ways to keep your privacy without the intrinsic tech in Bitcoin. Thank you for sharing!
Monero's a great privacy coin and we're happy that Bitcoin is also looking into more privacy measures these days, but when someone asked on Quora if it was "truly untraceable", we had to say, yes, but for now.

If it doesn't stay ahead of the curve, one day it'll be found out. What do you guys think? Should we seek more privacy for Bitcoin?
theymos mentioned about Monero in Decent mixing methods
Privacy for Bitcoin transactions and don't check address with block explorers without Tor.
Monero's a great privacy coin and we're happy that Bitcoin is also looking into more privacy measures these days, but when someone asked on Quora if it was "truly untraceable", we had to say, yes, but for now.

If it doesn't stay ahead of the curve, one day it'll be found out. What do you guys think? Should we seek more privacy for Bitcoin?
Someone asked us on Quora today if it was possible to buy Bitcoin from an exchange by using their local bank account (it was a commercial bank in East Africa).

Which still goes to show that a lot of people really don't know well enough the workings of a Bitcoin exchange and how you can buy Bitcoin.

But it's a good sign to see the African continent trying to catch up! What do you think guys?
Not my keys, not my Bitcoin Cheesy

When can we expect to see Bitamp exchange enabled on your website, and what coins or fiat will be supported?
It would be great to see some roadmap, features and planned dates if possible.

At the moment, we're fully focused on being a wallet first and foremost. We really believe in what we're building and we want to get that right all the ways we can, including some features already suggested above first.

We don't really have a roadmap or planned dates -- kind of like Bitcoin too, you know? We understand needs are fluid all the time!
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Not my keys, not my Bitcoin Cheesy

When can we expect to see Bitamp exchange enabled on your website, and what coins or fiat will be supported?
It would be great to see some roadmap, features and planned dates if possible.
Something funny for today, now that Bitcoin is pumping, I'm sure you're all getting ads about earning so much interest on BTC deposits... but we want to warn you, not your keys, not your BTC;)

We got requested to answer a question today about what exactly makes blockchain technology so great, using voting as an example.

We think it's great people are wondering about this, and not just always about price speculation, especially now that Bitcoin is approaching $11k;)

Our full answer is on this post.

Don't forget, always make sure you have your own personal wallet for your Bitcoin!
I don't believe people can remember their wallet seeds. They can remember one day, few weeks but if they don't often login their wallets, they will forget wallet seeds. It is what happened to me. The same story for wallet passphrase. I forgot it after months did not frequently login my wallet.

It happened with my blockchain.com wallet. And I learned from my loss.

Not saying all people can, but some certainly can, especially when these words are all plain english words. Use them in a story to create Mnemonic phrase easy to remember.

NOT recommended of course!

@DroomieChikito we'll ask about this password for Keystore, and get back if there is something to share, thanks for the compliment too, we definitely agree being able to import seed from Electrum is a very useful feature:)
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
I don't believe people can remember their wallet seeds. They can remember one day, few weeks but if they don't often login their wallets, they will forget wallet seeds. It is what happened to me. The same story for wallet passphrase. I forgot it after months did not frequently login my wallet too.
Frequently write/copy/paste seed while login is dangerous from keyloger. People should use Keystore file and save as with password to the next login.

I saw this site has updated keystore file feature, but I can't find how to protect with password?, I see Keystore file prompting password on a picture below.

Great updated, we can importing seed from electrum wallet and got same/correct address even electrum seed has different thing from bip39 seed.

Nice, We have 4 address; legacy, segwit, native segwit and Compressed address when importing private key (WIF or WIF Compressed) into bitamp

Keep your great work!. Look goods so far.
The best thing about Bitcoin for us is that as long as we have the private keys, we can always access our wallets. In fact, some people memorize their seed phrases and restore wallets when they want to use them.

See how we responded to someone who asked if they could create a new wallet when their phone became unusable!
I don't believe people can remember their wallet seeds. They can remember one day, few weeks but if they don't often login their wallets, they will forget wallet seeds. It is what happened to me. The same story for wallet passphrase. I forgot it after months did not frequently login my wallet.

It happened with my blockchain.com wallet. And I learned from my loss.
The best thing about Bitcoin for us is that as long as we have the private keys, we can always access our wallets. In fact, some people memorize their seed phrases and restore wallets when they want to use them.

See how we responded to someone who asked if they could create a new wallet when their phone became unusable!
Volatility. Will we ever see Bitcoin lose its most recognized market feature? We think so, but not likely in the near future, when speculative activity is what defines the market.

Whatever you use BTC for, just always remember. Not your keys, not your Bitcoin!
Pages:
Jump to: