Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 39. (Read 541982 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
I made some Bitbay shirts to help raise some funds for development and/or exchange listings. Check them out on the webmarket: https://beta.bitbay.market/item/5d88e2831fc8313169a0833d

By the way I got my shirt. I should have taken a picture with it but now its with the laundry. Maybe will remember to use it if I go to events. Looks pretty cool.  Cool
Activity: 193
Merit: 3
@shaydinblue - That is so cool.
This is exactly the kind of participation necessary to help jump start it all.
The crypto world is waiting for what BAY offers; and we are waiting for our listings.

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
I made some Bitbay shirts to help raise some funds for development and/or exchange listings. Check them out on the webmarket: https://beta.bitbay.market/item/5d88e2831fc8313169a0833d
legendary
Bitbay QT wallet has been sync at 3 weeks. I am familiar with QT wallets and I can usually figure it out but right now all my bitbay is in the QT wallet and even with Halo\, I still need to sync QT then transfer my bitbay. Any suggestions - I am using the latest version and checked my firewall.

Hey I noticed you were stuck syncing, maybe you just got stuck on an orphan chain. The best solution is usually to resync. Just always backup wallet files for QT and key files for Halo and then delete the blockchain files and then boot up again.
...Don't look now, but $31.00 in volume just increased Bays Market Cap by $1M (according to CMC).  lol
legendary
Bitbay QT wallet has been sync at 3 weeks. I am familiar with QT wallets and I can usually figure it out but right now all my bitbay is in the QT wallet and even with Halo\, I still need to sync QT then transfer my bitbay. Any suggestions - I am using the latest version and checked my firewall.

For the fork, both wallets will be updated. So it's okay if you use either QT or Halo wallet. Just always remember to have good backups. I like to use SSD style drives. There is also printing out wallet on paper and that sort of thing.
legendary
I agree the exchanges have become nothing but tools and Bitbay should be a top crypto - the developer is one of the honest ones out there.  Too many people, including Qtum TARNished crypto and all the ICO bs.  It was a better time when people with certain beliefs were the backbone of Crypto - now the bankers, the people who destroyed our economy, the ones who have tried to shut crypto down are the ones trying to take it over. Can you imagine the government telling people they are not allowed to barter?  Does one pay taxes on Microsoft points they use to buy skins for their digital character?  IRS sends out letters asking people to go back and redo their tax returns because there name was on some list coinbase gave them. WTF? how does one even start - do we take the losses from crooks like GAW mINERS? HOW DO YOU regulate something that has already passed and at the time the government never once said it was property?Huh?   The gov should serve the people, not harm then for a few silver coins.

Qtum people knew it was a scam and invested anyways. This whole "funding X million in -10 seconds" is what has sped up this bubble as anticipated. Since if they fake the funding then they sell the coins on market and fund later. That is why I have always invested in projects
that have some sort of working software. Make them earn your dollars!

It is expected that governments and banks will go to control exchanges. After all, they usually focus on where the people physically go to make a profit. When they control that they influence the crowd and it's very hard to stop. I've always said if we want to change that system it's the media that needs to be decentralized even more-so than the money.

The government has never in history given a person a right they weren't already born with. Even hospitals and roads are run and built by people and would still exist without a government. Plus it's never a freedom to force others to serve us. Because to require a business to service you is to do so under threat of law and therefore threat of imprisonment/torture or death. It's sad that society has not moved beyond this barbaric idiocracy. However, this is why decentralization is important and even more so going off grid to gain ones independence from others. Especially since the foundation of trust was destroyed. This is why double deposit is important. The hard part is convincing people to use it when the majority of people lie to others in order to do business in the first place. Therefore all a government knows to do is steal god given liberties and freedoms. And the people have confused "laws" for morals. When in reality the law is almost always immoral and the punishments are a almost an unlimited amount of times more immoral than the law they are using to justify it.

Thus laws and morals are almost complete opposites and we live in a society that teaches kids to follow the law and not their hearts. Even though they instinctively want to do otherwise. When the law is unjust, the just thing to do is break it.
Activity: 22
I agree the exchanges have become nothing but tools and Bitbay should be a top crypto - the developer is one of the honest ones out there.  Too many people, including Qtum TARNished crypto and all the ICO bs.  It was a better time when people with certain beliefs were the backbone of Crypto - now the bankers, the people who destroyed our economy, the ones who have tried to shut crypto down are the ones trying to take it over. Can you imagine the government telling people they are not allowed to barter?  Does one pay taxes on Microsoft points they use to buy skins for their digital character?  IRS sends out letters asking people to go back and redo their tax returns because there name was on some list coinbase gave them. WTF? how does one even start - do we take the losses from crooks like GAW mINERS? HOW DO YOU regulate something that has already passed and at the time the government never once said it was property?Huh?   The gov should serve the people, not harm then for a few silver coins.
Activity: 22
This could get interesting...
I wonder if BAY could start slowly going up now without the direct manipulation of the exchanges.  Hmmmm

We have a fully inverted yield curve...(worldwide Recession/DEPRESSION is coming 100% in the next 18 months or less)
Ag and Au are starting to break out - even though still completely manipulated - physical is getting scarce and delivery request are up 11x from last month.

Unbacked fiat printed to infinity has started...

BAY's peg and Marketplace (Buy & Sell Anything) with Smart Contracts will come just in time as the un-elected New World Order goes bye-bye from all their scandals (satanic pedophiles) and misappropriation (overt criminality) that will soon be exposed when the US sealed indictments start being opened and the Fed is audited.

The entire world is waking up to the fact that EVERYTHING under the sun is rigged and manipulated, and they are sick of it.
legendary
Sync done and BAY in my wallet, thanks a lot for you help buddy.
About stacking....what is the reward? I have just a thousand coins dunno if it's convenient for me.

Well at 1k coins you get 1-3% per year. 20 coins per block.
Activity: 129
Sync done and BAY in my wallet, thanks a lot for you help buddy.
About stacking....what is the reward? I have just a thousand coins dunno if it's convenient for me.
legendary
I am little confused  Huh I am presently using the QT wallet do I need to transfer it to the halo wallet? Seems the exchanges are all crooks, what do you suggest I do to upgrade to the new BAY?

You can use either wallet, it's okay as both will be supported for the fork.
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!
I am little confused  Huh I am presently using the QT wallet do I need to transfer it to the halo wallet? Seems the exchanges are all crooks, what do you suggest I do to upgrade to the new BAY?
legendary

It is possible to change installation directory for QT wallet? I don't think I have enough space on my C:

Yes you can make a .bat file which is just a text file for example "runbitbay.bat" and just have it run BitBay-QT with the parameter datadir="(this is the directory to store data)"

Make sure in windows file explorer you see the full file extension

So for example this is the command you want in your bat file:

d:\bitbay\bitbayqt.exe datadir="d:\bitbay\bitbaydata"

In order to have a data directory there though it will ask for a config file. So in that directory create a file called bitbay.conf
Then enter the following in the text file:

server=1
rpcuser=bitbayrpc
rpcpassword=(make up a password)

If you want to add nodes do as follows:
addnode=104.172.24.79

Thank you, I'll try this.
What is the purpose of adding a node? Is it optional?

Edit: I tried this but the folder is still created in c:
These are my steps, maybe I forget something?

- bitbay folder on my k: drive
- Moved the .exe there and created a .bat file with inside k:\bitbay\bitbay-wallet-qt.exe datadir="k:\bitbay\bitbaydata"
- created a folder bitbaydata with a config file inside:
  server=1
  rpcuser=bitbayrpc
  rpcpassword=mypswrd

-Then I start the bat file and everything seems alright, except the data folder is still created on C:
 Do you have any idea where I am wrong?

So it wasn't creating files in the bitbaydata directory? You can see instructions here on bitcoin wiki as well... same logic.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

Please check the directory in K for the files it should be creating. If you run from the console it might give you feedback

Nodes are optional

Let me know if it happens after you double check everything. Here is another example of how to type it...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\BitcoinData

Now it seems to be alright.
Just have to add - before datadir as suggested in bitcoinwiki, that was the error.
Hope to get everthing sync in short time now. The deadline from bittrex it's tomorrow.
After I sync the blockchain, I think i create a new receiver address and send my BAY there.
Do I need something else?Like to encrypt the wallet?
What is the rpc password for?
Sorry for all this questions but I am short in time and not very experienced in doing this.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

If you are worried about the last minute closure of Bittrex you can still send to your receive address at the QT before the sync completes. The funds will show immediately on chainz block explorer and will eventually show once synced. Just always make sure you backup wallet.dat. And remember, your wallet.dat is now located in that data directory you just specified.
Activity: 129

It is possible to change installation directory for QT wallet? I don't think I have enough space on my C:

Yes you can make a .bat file which is just a text file for example "runbitbay.bat" and just have it run BitBay-QT with the parameter datadir="(this is the directory to store data)"

In order to have a data directory there though it will ask for a config file. So in that directory create a file called bitbay.conf

server=1
rpcuser=bitbayrpc

addnode=104.172.24.79

- Moved the .exe there and created a .bat file with inside k:\bitbay\bitbay-wallet-qt.exe datadir="k:\bitbay\bitbaydata"
  server=1
  rpcuser=bitbayrpc
  rpcpassword=mypswrd

-Then I start the bat file and everything seems alright, except the data folder is still created on C:

So it wasn't creating files in the bitbaydata directory? You can see instructions here on bitcoin wiki as well... same logic.

Please check the directory in K for the files it should be creating. If you run from the console it might give you feedback

Nodes are optional

Let me know if it happens after you double check everything. Here is another example of how to type it...

Now it seems to be alright.
Just have to add - before datadir as suggested in bitcoinwiki, that was the error.
Hope to get everthing sync in short time now. The deadline from bittrex it's tomorrow.
After I sync the blockchain, I think i create a new receiver address and send my BAY there.
Do I need something else?Like to encrypt the wallet?
What is the rpc password for?
Sorry for all this questions but I am short in time and not very experienced in doing this.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
legendary

server=1
rpcuser=bitbayrpc

addnode=104.172.24.79

server=1
  rpcuser=bitbayrpc
  rpcpassword=mypswrd

Nodes are optional

Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
Regarding Bitker, OEX and others thievery...

The peg is such a game changer and because there is zero regulation, the current exchanges have no need or desire to change the status quo.

Maybe BAY should create its own exchange. We have the dynamic peg test site operating smoothly. We should convert it to an active exchange without the derivative aspect of the criminal exchanges.

I have to agree.  This has to be the optimal solution.

All of BAY's problems solved at a stroke.

It really is a no-brainer.   Tongue

I'm talking to some people who might want me advise them on security of such a thing. However even so, volume is no guarantee. It would have to be at least a multisig exchange. And then somehow it would have to generate some volume.

If you build it, they will come......
Pages:
Jump to: