Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitCentury] Metabank 120Gh 65nm Asic Pre-Order Proxy [0.7W/GH - 32BTC Per Unit] - page 2. (Read 18113 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hi.
Sorry for my question (and for my bad english), but perhaps you can offer anything like this: Do you have any plans to offer hosting and sell mining-shares? For example, you can sell (120 / 32) 3.75 Gh/s per BTC and host (in your office in Russia) for a 4-5% fee.

Kind regards.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Ok, tempted to pull the trigger on one of these units. Shipping to USA.

- How is it so cheap ?
- On-board ethernet ? Wireless ? USB ?
- Dimensions of product ?
- Power supply ?
- If I place an order, and there is no significant product update in the next 29 days, I can be refunded my 32BTC ?
- When are working prototypes expected ?
- How long has this been and development, and what stage are they presently at ?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
stripykitteh
You're right, but I have an opinion, why is only sold in Russia - at this stage MetaBank not profitable to export for many reasons ...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
stripykitteh
OK, NP) "each chooses for himself on one's own" (Russian proverb)... good luck )

I am not blind to the fact there are risks in this project. As a local, if you have some insight about why MetaBank aren't exporting I'm sure BitCentury will love to hear from you. Absent that, at the moment we can only speculate.
senseless I understand you, don't want to write unnecessary words until the future will show how you were right ...)))
stripykitteh
OK, NP) "each chooses for himself on one's own" (Russian proverb)... good luck )
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
Do you know why Metabank has chosen not to ship out of Russia? What are the issues that they see that you believe will not be a problem for you?
As of yet I have not been able to find any information as to why they are not willing to ship out of Russia. I'm curious to know this myself.
senseless Perhaps you still do not know much more...why do you think that  MetaBank stupid than you? And how can you guarantee delivery from Russia while abroad? You are Batman?

Dealing with problematic customs officers/agency is nothing new to me. I've lived outside the US for a number of years (I haven't even been inside the US in the last 6 years). When receiving packages of my own I have gone through customs on numerous occasions. Luis having traveled even more extensively than I has similar experience. While I do not have direct experience with russian customs (and their own local variations on corruption) I really don't expect it will be significantly different than in any poorer asian country.

I personally processed the customs forms (as opposed to waiting for DHL to do it) on my avalon unit to get it through customs 24 hours earlier without having to pay a single bribe. When receiving in the philippines this is a tall order.

I'm sure they have a reason as to why they are not shipping out. But it does not necessarily have to be related to shipping itself. There could be existing contractual agreements or they could have alternate world wide plans. Without them specifically telling us why the rest is mere speculation.

legendary
Do you know why Metabank has chosen not to ship out of Russia? What are the issues that they see that you believe will not be a problem for you?
As of yet I have not been able to find any information as to why they are not willing to ship out of Russia. I'm curious to know this myself.
senseless Perhaps you still do not know much more...why do you think that  MetaBank stupid than you? And how can you guarantee delivery from Russia while abroad? You are Batman?

In the first few posts on this thread they explain their business model.
senseless Some questions, if you please: perhaps you still do not know much more...why do you think that  MetaBank stupid than you? And how can you guarantee delivery from Russia while abroad? You are Batman? )))
We'd again like to thank everyone for their vote of confidence in us, and congratulations to all those who have made their first purchases of the fastest (and lowest power) bitcoin ASIC technology bitcoins can buy today. We have proxied the second batch of orders totaling 7 devices for a total hash power of 840Gh/s.

67e4f4a5430cad3097a20185139ac7e867b93abbbf804e5e948a7bd0057e3275
legendary

I speculate that it's just easier, and because they expect to be able to sell all of the first batch of devices inside Russia. Setting themselves up to deal internationally would require expertise in foreign languages (English at least) and exporting, which they may not have. But I honestly have no idea.
When will Metabank release additional information regarding this product? Prototypes? Videos? Pictures?

We will continually scour the russian language forums and websites looking for new information relating to testing/prototyping of devices and chips. It will likely be awhile before you see a video or picture of a functioning prototype as they're still in final stages of chip production. The chips are scheduled to be proven/tested within this month (June 2013).

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Activity: 244
When will Metabank release additional information regarding this product? Prototypes? Videos? Pictures?
Do you ship to Bellarussia?

DHL does currently provide shipping to and from Belarus/Belarusian. You will of course be responsible for any taxes or duties on the incoming package.

You can view the DHL site for your country here: http://www.by.dhl.com/en.html

Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Do you ship to Bellarussia?
Bulk Pricing is as follows:
1-4 units: 32BTC Each
5-10 units: 30BTC Each
11-24 units: 29BTC Each
25+ units: 28BTC Each

Hello! Does those prices inlude also ASIC machine or only your service?
I guess ASIC is included on the price ?! But please confirm.

Yes, this pricing includes the device, our fees and shipping to your location.

Activity: 264
Bulk Pricing is as follows:
1-4 units: 32BTC Each
5-10 units: 30BTC Each
11-24 units: 29BTC Each
25+ units: 28BTC Each

Hello! Does those prices inlude also ASIC machine or only your service?
I guess ASIC is included on the price ?! But please confirm.
legendary

My name is Nigel Brine.  I have experience in chip design (http://www.adelaide.edu.au/chiptec/chip-gallery/Correlator.png), FPGA development, and signal processing, and completed my PhD in wireless communications in 2010 at the University of Adelaide, South Australia.

...and there I was speculating that I was the first and perhaps only person from Adelaide who was going to end up with one of these units. Far from it!
Pages:
Jump to: