Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitCentury] Metabank 120Gh 65nm Asic Pre-Order Proxy [0.7W/GH - 32BTC Per Unit] - page 5. (Read 18113 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Since Metabank.ru is pricing their products with USD. Would you be able to just price it in USD as well so the fluctuation in the BTC would not matter? Would you be able to get more aggressive in pricing with the bulk purchases listed?
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
Are they standalone or USB?

Is there any kind of configuration needed where not knowing russian will be a problem?
If so, are you planning on translating any instructions/documents/configuration web pages?

There is currently no published information as to what they are going for (standalone/usb). Based upon technical information I've been able to translate reading various bitfury posts it should/will likely be a standalone unit. We will of course provide instruction, documentation and configuration translations as necessary.

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Are they standalone or USB?

Is there any kind of configuration needed where not knowing russian will be a problem?
If so, are you planning on translating any instructions/documents/configuration web pages?

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
I will get the contracted posted asap, once its drawn up. It was something that was overlooked until dogie brought it up. Essentially it will just say what has already been said. That we're not responsible if metabank fails to deliver or turns out to be a scam of one nature or another. In the event of a failure of metabank we will eat losses on expenses and refund the remainder of the order that would have gone toward our expenses/profits. That we will accept responsibility of getting the machines tested and sent from russia once they're delivered into our hands to the end user which ordered the product.

Why go through metabank in the first place? Can you please tell us why exactly that intermediary is required?
Especially if you are asking for payment in BTC, I don't see any reason why that should go through them.

Metabank is the primary investor in bitfury and will be the sole supplier of chips and devices. They currently have no plans to ship to anyone outside of russia.

https://metabank.ru/asic

Как будет осуществлятся поставка в регионы? В другие страны?
Проверенными курьерскими службами (Почта РФ исключена).
В другие страны устройство не поставляется.

It will be carrying out deliveries to the regions? In other countries?
Verified by courier services (Mail of Russia excluded).
In other countries the device is not available.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
I will get the contracted posted asap, once its drawn up. It was something that was overlooked until dogie brought it up. Essentially it will just say what has already been said. That we're not responsible if metabank fails to deliver or turns out to be a scam of one nature or another. In the event of a failure of metabank we will eat losses on expenses and refund the remainder of the order that would have gone toward our expenses/profits. That we will accept responsibility of getting the machines tested and sent from russia once they're delivered into our hands to the end user which ordered the product.

Why go through metabank in the first place? Can you please tell us why exactly that intermediary is required?
Especially if you are asking for payment in BTC, I don't see any reason why that should go through them.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Hi person,
Excellent questions!

3 simple questions...
Q1. Where are your offices in Moscow? Is there an incorporated company in Russia?  Could you please provide address/info?

I don't believe we'll want to disclose the address due to the security nature of potentially receiving large orders of valuable circuit boards at the location. Operating in Russia, is not like operating in North America or Europe. Ultimately, I don't think it would be fair to put everyone's circuit boards at risk.

Q2. Who from the three is actually from Russia with experience in doing business there?

Neither one of us. I have a friend who is Russian and whom I trust, and has lived and done business in Russia for many years. He will be our principal employee, with possibly more as required.

Q3. Is the contract sent out being signed by all 3 (with full legal name and contact info)?

We will check with our lawyers early this coming week to check on what is advisable. I can't see all 3 of us signing a contract for logistic reasons, likely one of us will sign on behalf of our company.

Thanks,
Luis
#3) We will reply with a contract of sale for you to Print, Sign and Return to us.

Sending a contract after payment is indeed a nice stunt. Wink

What about publishing the contract here, so people know what they're actually supposed to sign before payment?

And is there an estimated shipping/leaving-the-country date?

I will get the contract posted asap, once its drawn up. It was something that was overlooked until dogie brought it up. Essentially it will just say what has already been said. That we're not responsible if metabank fails to deliver or turns out to be a scam of one nature or another. In the event of a failure of metabank we will eat losses on expenses and refund the remainder of the order that would have gone toward our expenses/profits. That we will accept responsibility of getting the machines tested and sent from russia once they're delivered into our hands to the end user which ordered the product.
Activity: 350
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2348940

Can you offer a better price? This is the lowest price available this far.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
#3) We will reply with a contract of sale for you to Print, Sign and Return to us.

Sending a contract after payment is indeed a nice stunt. Wink

What about publishing the contract here, so people know what they're actually supposed to sign before payment?

And is there an estimated shipping/leaving-the-country date?
Activity: 315
3 simple questions...

All units will be picked up from Metabank and taken to our office in downtown moscow.

1. Where are your offices in Moscow?
Is there an incorporated company in Russia?
Could you please provide address/info?

2. Who from the three is actually from Russia with experience in doing business there?

3. Is the contract sent out being signed by all 3 (with full legal name and contact info)?
Is it possible to get your identity verified by john K?

As per the FAQ in the second post, we are not doing escrow; however, I will ask JohnK if he can verify my identity to the community, as in I am who I say I am. I trust that might help a bit, assuming he agrees to do this.
Cheers,
Luis
in short you are proposing to export it from russia to outside. that s all? please confirm

Yes, that is the TL;DR (summary) version. I would add that we also will be testing the units for a very brief time to ensure they are fully working and hopefully avoid any DOA's.
Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
Is it possible to get your identity verified by john K?

regards
Activity: 378
hi

in short you are proposing to export it from russia to outside

that s all?

please confirm

thanks
Activity: 322
Proof that said 65nm ASICs exist, work, ?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
FWIW, I've known digitalmagus and senseless informally on IRC for some time, and things seem to be in order for this (the weakest link IMO is Metabank.ru, whom I've never heard of before).
The photo at Bitcoin Conference does appear to me to be really there - I think right by the entrance (which would mean the booth visible to the left is BFL/BitPay/BCMagazine).

I plan to support BFGMiner for/on these (though the question of interface specifications is still in the air AFAIK), and have purchased one for development.
Almost double the original price, it seems that shipping an item out of Russia is quite expensive.

I believe we are offering the lowest price thus far, and yes, while shipping is a bit expensive, there's also other overhead costs: plane tickets to/from Russia, rent of a secure office space, hiring of employees to receive, test & re-ship units, our time to co-ordinate all of this.

Cheers,
Luis
^^ That above picture of Yifu looks suspiciously like a cardboard cut-out of him attending a 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' expo...Grin

Heh, it does now that you mention it, but I don't want to post a high res picture of myself. I'm not that pretty to look at, besides, if it was a cardboard cut-out, surely Yifu would have removed the towel off his shoulder before mass production of cardboard cut outs being distributed globally.  ;-)
Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
Almost double the original price, it seems that shipping an item out of Russia is quite expensive.
Pages:
Jump to: