Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin all time high and the hoarding theory. (Poll included) - page 3. (Read 5277 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
oh so now I am dumb and showing off because I will be free for the next couple of years...
lots of early adopters made millions but in return they invested back in bitcoin related businesses, thats a reason to brag about. But no one likes speculators who only use Bitcoin as a tool to get rich and then brag about it; you could do alot of good things to let other people know about Bitcoin's utility, not about get rich quick schemes; maybe create/invest in bitcoin businesses. You instead come along and brag about being free and how smart you were to take advantage of Bitcoin. Well, good for you but not many will agree with your attitude, try something constructive, help Bitcoin grow further, give something back if you're really a bitcoin adopter not only a speculator.

Bitcoin investment is pyramid scheme, the only way for your Bitcoins to be worth more is to bring new people in... you know "help introduce more people to the magic of Bitcoin"... many early adopters and large holders are just a bunch of scumbags, from roger Ver to Mark to.... satoshi himself  they don't fucking care about you or me but only about their investment to be worth more....

Lol how can you say its a pyramid scheme, its totally the opposite, when new users adopt Bitcoin, we together all benefit in various ways, there is no one at the top of the tree, we all benefit because we can interact financially. I don't know how you have so many posts and miss the essence of Bitcoin, its not about bringing people in, they come in by themselves, I said you could help people understand Bitcoin utility in that they are well informed about the technology that it brings not about the get-rich schemes that you obviously took advantage of. People like you make me sick, but I'm not worrying too much because you'll soon sell the other half of your btc stash.

I am not against Bitcoin, but people like you need to be aware of what they are investing in, in fact, there is a top pyramid which his satoshi with a million BTC, and new users benefit of Bitcoin only if other users joins after them, and we get new adopters only when: a) they see the price appreciating (skyrocketing) so they jump in to profit and later start learning about bitcoin technical and economical stuff b) they are curious about the technology.

most users are the first kind because every bubble bring huge amount of users like you (and like me before) and yes I will make sure to sell my other half when it is time, because I am also sure that Bitcoin is just a start of a new era and it is not the era ( emotional people wouldn't understand this)

People like me know what Bitcoin is, and certainly not a pyramid scheme, there so one at the top of the tree, we all benefit by utilizing Bitcoin.

People like me don't treat Bitcoin as an investment, we are not speculators, we are adopters.

People like me give shit about btc price, it doesn't matter if it goes up or down, we will not sell our bitcoin based on fear, we use bitcoin daily for our internet purchases and as soon as more merchants starts to accept it locally we will use it more and more.

People like me are aware of the risk of investing huge amounts on bitcoin and its not something we advise. Actually I don't advise anyone to purchase bitcoin in order to get rich, I mostly donate to them in order for them to appreciate what a amazing piece of technology we have been given by Satoshi.

People like me don't brag when they make money because bitcoin price has appreciated. In fact people like me are hoping that bitcoin doesn't skyrocket so that we don't attract more people like you who only take advantage but give nothing in return.

Your use of a bubble as an argument for poeple adopting bitcoin is very poor because people fear bubble type schemes. If that would've been the premise for user adoption then Bitcoin would've been dead by now.

What kind of low life *** you are if you think this is a pyramid scheme and you still hold couple hundreds of btcs. Well thats another feature of bitcoin that no one is banned for using it, no matter how perverse they are.

Sad thing is he doesn't even have a couple of hundred BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
mmitech, time to let the cat out of the bag. As a slovenian and even direct neighbor of Bitstamps place of business,  you have detailed insider information about the upoming insolvency of Bitstamp, which is why you sold your coins. You could at least share the roughly date when they plan to close the shop and save some poor souls therewith.

Thanks

Fonzie

you are pity troll....
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
mmitech, time to let the cat out of the bag. As a slovenian and even direct neighbor of Bitstamps place of business,  you have detailed insider information about the upoming insolvency of Bitstamp, which is why you sold your coins. You could at least share the roughly date when they plan to close the shop and save some poor souls therewith.

Thanks

Fonzie
legendary

I really don't understand what you are doing here !!! why would anyone waste their time on something they hate or think is doomed? what is the point? I don't get it .... what the fuck are you ding here ? don't you have anything better to do with your life ? you are so desperate.....  

I still have many coins to go in the first place and I don't think Bitcoin is doomed (just not yet), but you.... I don't know where to start. Bitcoin fanatics trash any voice of reason,  you see only the colored great Bitcoin to the moon and most argument/discussion about how to fix or improve things get trashed and trolled... "Bitcoin is perfect we just need the price to go to  $ 100K" is this what you want me to say ?

edit: you are a troll is what I wanted to say.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

I really don't understand what you are doing here !!! why would anyone waste their time on something they hate or think is doomed? what is the point? I don't get it .... what the fuck are you ding here ? don't you have anything better to do with your life ? you are so desperate..... 
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin investment is pyramid scheme, the only way for your Bitcoins to be worth more i to bring new people in...

Is it not, that any speculation/investment is a kind of a pyramid scheme? No matter in what you invest, you suppose that the supply compared to the demand will rise. So your investment is rising in value 'caused by deficiency. From this deficiency you'll find another speculator/investor that is willing to change your good against more of another good compared to your time of order.

The only difference to most investments compared to bitcoin, is that bitcoin has not only a relative value but also bitcoins (intrinsic) value is (more) abstract.
Activity: 392
to make money from fuck tards like you, blind fanatics that refuse to think... keep on, this is a good sign, your kind assures me that the next bubble will be some time soon.

I hope you lose your private keys :-) Fucking speculator. Sell already! Bitcoin is going down! SELL!

be careful about what you wish for...
I dare you to sell. Bitcoin is going no where, we're all lost, save yourself. My advice SELL!
legendary
to make money from fuck tards like you, blind fanatics that refuse to think... keep on, this is a good sign, your kind assures me that the next bubble will be some time soon.

I hope you lose your private keys :-) Fucking speculator. Sell already! Bitcoin is going down! SELL!

be careful about what you wish for...

legendary
oh so now I am dumb and showing off because I will be free for the next couple of years...
lots of early adopters made millions but in return they invested back in bitcoin related businesses, thats a reason to brag about. But no one likes speculators who only use Bitcoin as a tool to get rich and then brag about it; you could do alot of good things to let other people know about Bitcoin's utility, not about get rich quick schemes; maybe create/invest in bitcoin businesses. You instead come along and brag about being free and how smart you were to take advantage of Bitcoin. Well, good for you but not many will agree with your attitude, try something constructive, help Bitcoin grow further, give something back if you're really a bitcoin adopter not only a speculator.

Bitcoin investment is pyramid scheme, the only way for your Bitcoins to be worth more is to bring new people in... you know "help introduce more people to the magic of Bitcoin"... many early adopters and large holders are just a bunch of scumbags, from roger Ver to Mark to.... satoshi himself  they don't fucking care about you or me but only about their investment to be worth more....

Lol how can you say its a pyramid scheme, its totally the opposite, when new users adopt Bitcoin, we together all benefit in various ways, there is no one at the top of the tree, we all benefit because we can interact financially. I don't know how you have so many posts and miss the essence of Bitcoin, its not about bringing people in, they come in by themselves, I said you could help people understand Bitcoin utility in that they are well informed about the technology that it brings not about the get-rich schemes that you obviously took advantage of. People like you make me sick, but I'm not worrying too much because you'll soon sell the other half of your btc stash.

I am not against Bitcoin, but people like you need to be aware of what they are investing in, in fact, there is a top pyramid which his satoshi with a million BTC, and new users benefit of Bitcoin only if other users joins after them, and we get new adopters only when: a) they see the price appreciating (skyrocketing) so they jump in to profit and later start learning about bitcoin technical and economical stuff b) they are curious about the technology.

most users are the first kind because every bubble bring huge amount of users like you (and like me before) and yes I will make sure to sell my other half when it is time, because I am also sure that Bitcoin is just a start of a new era and it is not the era ( emotional people wouldn't understand this)

People like me know what Bitcoin is, and certainly not a pyramid scheme, there so one at the top of the tree, we all benefit by utilizing Bitcoin.

People like me don't treat Bitcoin as an investment, we are not speculators, we are adopters.

People like me give shit about btc price, it doesn't matter if it goes up or down, we will not sell our bitcoin based on fear, we use bitcoin daily for our internet purchases and as soon as more merchants starts to accept it locally we will use it more and more.

People like me are aware of the risk of investing huge amounts on bitcoin and its not something we advise. Actually I don't advise anyone to purchase bitcoin in order to get rich, I mostly donate to them in order for them to appreciate what a amazing piece of technology we have been given by Satoshi.

People like me don't brag when they make money because bitcoin price has appreciated. In fact people like me are hoping that bitcoin doesn't skyrocket so that we don't attract more people like you who only take advantage but give nothing in return.

Your use of a bubble as an argument for poeple adopting bitcoin is very poor because people fear bubble type schemes. If that would've been the premise for user adoption then Bitcoin would've been dead by now.

What kind of low life *** you are if you think this is a pyramid scheme and you still hold couple hundreds of btcs. Well thats another feature of bitcoin that no one is banned for using it, no matter how perverse they are.

Bitcoin investment is pyramid scheme, the only way for your Bitcoins to be worth more is to bring new people in... you know "help introduce more people to the magic of Bitcoin"... many early adopters and large holders are just a bunch of scumbags, from roger Ver to Mark to.... satoshi himself  they don't fucking care about you or me but only about their investment to be worth more....

legendary

Activity: 441
Bitcoin investment is pyramid scheme, the only way for your Bitcoins to be worth more is to bring new people in...

It is indeed, if Bitcoin turns out to be useless as a payment network. Otherwise we would expect to see an S-curved adoption, just like similar technologies.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
same goes for Litecoin, in fact investing in Litecoin is 10X riskier, it is insane but I follow the Risk/Reward rule, the riskier the investment can be the bigger the reward usually is.... see most of you are not objective , you are just a bunch of blind investors.

If you invest in Litecoin now you may be disappointed short term. Litecoin inflation is high, comparable with bitcoin's in 2011.
So far, due to lack of seller pressure and a pump, bitcoin has (temporarily?) recovered, but I doubt litecoin will do the same.
In 2011 bitcoin dropped from 32$ to 2$, now litecoin may drop from 48$ to 3$ - 4$ if it will experience capitulation.

I see capitulation being ~$5-$7.

But yes I see LTC going down in the shorter term but then rebounding upwards near the end of the next Bitcoin rally.

legendary

legendary
I agree, personal attacks suck. Some replies:

1- the decentralization is being destroyed a day after day by big mining pools and exchanges and wallet services and all kind of other centralized services.
Yup, not as good as it was, but still infinitely better than the current global fiat curency system. Can I see secret payments/bribes going between investment banks, politicians and central bankers across the world on the blockchain? No. If the global financial system finally disappears into a debt black hole will I still have my bitcoins? Yes.

2- in fact, Bitcoin is a high inflationary currency at this moment (for the next 100 year Bitcoin will be still inflationary), 25 BTC are mined in average of 10 minutes, well in fact it has been 7 minutes for some time now to be accurate, but lets pretend that is 10 min instead so: 150BTCan hour or 3600BTC a day or 1314000BTC a year, yes more than a million Bitcoin... this makes the inflation rate more than 10% a year.
Yup, there is some inflation, but compare it to Japan, for example, which is doubling the number of yen in 12 monhts, it's pretty low. Also, the value is still very low compared to it's likely future stable value, so not a bad thing to hold on to in a diversified portfolio.

3- not really easily stored, you need to be so careful when dealing or storing bitcoins, many thefts and hacks were going around the last 5 years, many exchanges and services failed because of this, sending looks simple but for a person who is not so tech savvy it looks so complicated a combination of capital/small letters and nembers as an address and change addresses and backups and.... add to that in order for the network to work(transactions being confirmed) miners are needed so there so much energy needed to spend (secure/confirm the validity) a bitcoin.
Money is too hard to store, especially if I leave a big pile in the street when it's windy. It's complicated to use/store if you don't understand computers, but these people are children who are having all power taken away from them. Ohh, computers are weird/hard, I don't want to used them. Oh, I dont have a job now, why did that happen? I don't like smart phones, they are too complicated. Oh, what's that? No job again. Oh bitcoin is too hard, I'll trust the banks who have already shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy. Oh, what's that? All my money's gone? Oh, it was never really there, that's right.

4- not anonymous, I would say it could offers some kind of privacy if you know how to use it, it sure offers insurance against identity theft but right now if you send me a transaction I could see the history of your transactions and maybe even how much funds you do carry around .... when the coinjoin will be implemented and it starts working as it should or maybe when a good mixer is used this would be a real private, but now it is not anonymous neither private to be honest.
Not not anonymous, just not anonymous for people who can't be bothered to understand technology.

I do agree there is an ongoing risk of people selling out and dropping the value, but that periodically happens, it's called a bear market. We just had one. We'll have another one after the next bubble. It's OK, people can sell their coins to me cheap, I'll sell them back when they are expensive.

sadly we base our investments on hope, it means taking a huge risk (which sometimes is fine when expecting a huge reward), your answer show the hope of community of these things getting resolved... well I do hope too, but if things goes wrong it will be a disappointment.

legendary
OP is attention whoring here.

I had already responded in considerable details to his lack of grappling with his own financial situation and the silliness of his choice to sell half of his stash at this time.  Instead of going through some kind of meaningful reassessment of his past actions and to reconsider what he had already done, he seems to be trying to seek justification for his previous stupid-ass decision to sell half of his stash in order to live off of those proceeds for two years.

There is NO real poll answer that would adequately capture my sense of OP's behavior here, except the closest would probably be that he is spreading FUD.  However, a more appropriate response is that OP is either blind or dumb, and is failing to engage in an adequate self-assessment regarding his investment plan and strategies.

It does NOT seem to be worth the effort to engage too much in this thread or on this topic in this thread b/c OP has an inadequate understanding of his own situation to be of any real meaning or usefulness for the bitcoin investment considerations of others.

you didn't argue a single statement of those I posted through the whole thread, but you came to tell me how dumb idiot I am... no one pointed here to me selling half of my Bitcoins except you....nice, it shows how pity and empty you are, and this shows who is the real idiot... answer to my posts with a reasonable and logical post and quit personal attacks...

What I find funny is that you caused a lot of fuss about rpietila 'showing off' and then you decide to post photos of your own 'nice' life.

You attacked rpietila personally and now you're talking about personal attacks.

Hypocrite x 2. Lulz

nice life ? are you serious? did I show castles and cigars and wine... I showed a fucking single bicycle on a mountain, if you don't play a sport to keep your self fit than it is your fucking miserable problem and not mine.

this show a ton load of money, do you see the millions ?... a father with his little son and wife going with a bicycle around, this implies to 2 things, even you are a stupid dumb or have no fucking life.

http://i.imgur.com/IfEDV1c.jpg

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize money is the only thing one could brag about. Fact is you posted your photos of you cycling with the caption 'this is how I'll be spending the next two years of my life now that I've sold my coins.' That's showing off. Showing off freedom.

Activity: 378
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
OP is attention whoring here.

I had already responded in considerable details to his lack of grappling with his own financial situation and the silliness of his choice to sell half of his stash at this time.  Instead of going through some kind of meaningful reassessment of his past actions and to reconsider what he had already done, he seems to be trying to seek justification for his previous stupid-ass decision to sell half of his stash in order to live off of those proceeds for two years.

There is NO real poll answer that would adequately capture my sense of OP's behavior here, except the closest would probably be that he is spreading FUD.  However, a more appropriate response is that OP is either blind or dumb, and is failing to engage in an adequate self-assessment regarding his investment plan and strategies.

It does NOT seem to be worth the effort to engage too much in this thread or on this topic in this thread b/c OP has an inadequate understanding of his own situation to be of any real meaning or usefulness for the bitcoin investment considerations of others.

you didn't argue a single statement of those I posted through the whole thread, but you came to tell me how dumb idiot I am... no one pointed here to me selling half of my Bitcoins except you....nice, it shows how pity and empty you are, and this shows who is the real idiot... answer to my posts with a reasonable and logical post and quit personal attacks...

What I find funny is that you caused a lot of fuss about rpietila 'showing off' and then you decide to post photos of your own 'nice' life.

You attacked rpietila personally and now you're talking about personal attacks.

Hypocrite x 2. Lulz

nice life ? are you serious? did I show castles and cigars and wine... I showed a fucking single bicycle on a mountain, if you don't play a sport to keep your self fit than it is your fucking miserable problem and not mine.

this show a ton load of money, do you see the millions ?... a father with his little son and wife going with a bicycle around, this implies to 2 things, even you are a stupid dumb or have no fucking life.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize money is the only thing one could brag about. Fact is you posted your photos of you cycling with the caption 'this is how I'll be spending the next two years of my life now that I've sold my coins.' That's showing off. Showing off freedom.
Pages:
Jump to: