Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin all time high and the hoarding theory. (Poll included) - page 5. (Read 5277 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
The op has some valid points(that have been rehashed a million times already, but valid none the less)

Such as?

I looked, couldn't find any.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
the price has to start appreciating really soon, otherwise the massive number of holders will start losing patience, just to mention that in the worst case scenario 95% of all Bitcoins are just hoarded and you can confirm this by just looking to the daily volume across all exchanges and the daily transaction volume excluding the popular addresses,  most of the new users joined because of the quick get rich scheme, posts on this forum and reddit that attack any different opinion or any voice of reason and just talk about how rich you will be if you hold 10 BTC and how this will be after few months is just worrying... well I  can imagine if this wont happen this soon how this people will react...

the merchant adoption overpass the userbase adoption, each day we hear about new stores/companies adding Bitcoin which can be a good sign but only if the userbase is growing at the same or a bigger rate, my wife is doing her diploma about how Bitcoin as payment method would change economy here in Slovenia, in Q&A to a merchant who accepts Bitcoin for more than a year he said that the only time clients pay with Bitcoin is around an ATH otherwise no one ask about paying with bitcoin, most of the bitcoiners use the coin as an investment or as a saving method believing that it would appreciate in value over time..... just a look to the thin orderbook of all exchanged combined would reflect the hoarding theory.

Bitcoin would be a good saving mechanism only if the adoption rate will be equal or more than the actual inflation rate (creation rate of coins) which is more than 10.5% a year. so choosing Bitcoin as saving method is as risky or maybe riskier than having fiat in your saving account.

This is restrictive.

Hoarders just hold. They won t sell so easily. Shake out are made to take money for those who follow the get rich quick.

And you forgot that we are the just at the begining of the S curve of adoption. When i ask around me, less than 10% has already heard about bitcoin. Even less understand bitcoin. We are going mainstream. That s the only point to remember when you want to sell. I will sell mine only if adoption is reversing.

edit: i voted "we all know that already."

Get rich quick, but not that quick.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
the price has to start appreciating really soon, otherwise the massive number of holders will start losing patience, just to mention that in the worst case scenario 95% of all Bitcoins are just hoarded and you can confirm this by just looking to the daily volume across all exchanges and the daily transaction volume excluding the popular addresses,  most of the new users joined because of the quick get rich scheme, posts on this forum and reddit that attack any different opinion or any voice of reason and just talk about how rich you will be if you hold 10 BTC and how this will be after few months is just worrying... well I  can imagine if this wont happen this soon how this people will react...

the merchant adoption overpass the userbase adoption, each day we hear about new stores/companies adding Bitcoin which can be a good sign but only if the userbase is growing at the same or a bigger rate, my wife is doing her diploma about how Bitcoin as payment method would change economy here in Slovenia, in Q&A to a merchant who accepts Bitcoin for more than a year he said that the only time clients pay with Bitcoin is around an ATH otherwise no one ask about paying with bitcoin, most of the bitcoiners use the coin as an investment or as a saving method believing that it would appreciate in value over time..... just a look to the thin orderbook of all exchanged combined would reflect the hoarding theory.

Bitcoin would be a good saving mechanism only if the adoption rate will be equal or more than the actual inflation rate (creation rate of coins) which is more than 10.5% a year. so choosing Bitcoin as saving method is as risky or maybe riskier than having fiat in your saving account.

This is restrictive.

Hoarders just hold. They won t sell so easily. Shake out are made to take money for those who follow the get rich quick.

And you forgot that we are the just at the begining of the S curve of adoption. When i ask around me, less than 10% has already heard about bitcoin. Even less understand bitcoin. We are going mainstream. That s the only point to remember when you want to sell. I will sell mine only if adoption is reversing.

edit: i voted "we all know that already."
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Go fuck your self and take all shouting bulls and bears along with you.

The Allmighty God Of Boredom unfolded the future to me:

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
the price has to start appreciating really soon, otherwise the massive number of holders will start losing patience, just to mention that in the worst case scenario 95% of all Bitcoins are just hoarded and you can confirm this by just looking to the daily volume across all exchanges and the daily transaction volume excluding the popular addresses,  most of the new users joined because of the quick get rich scheme,

Is it just me or have this type of postings increased rapidly in frequency lately?

(Now when did I see that before..?)
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
The op has some valid points(that have been rehashed a million times already, but valid none the less)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is very young and volatile, although promising and interesting it's of course still a very risky investment. Yes, riskier than having fiat in your saving account. But with this higher risk also comes a high reward possibility though, as those who invested early have found out. And it's still early today. Good luck getting any kind of reward from the risk of having fiat in your saving account.

The current inflation rate of Bitcoin is irrelevant knowing that the maximum amount of coins there will ever be is 21 million. It's also logical that merchant adoption rate outstrips user adoption rate for the moment, but don't underestimate the cleverness of merchants to persuade the people to buy with bitcoins if this is clearly in their own interest. I think eventually adoption rate is going to very quickly catch back up to merchant adoption rate as merchants find clever ways to convince the people Bitcoin is simply the best way to pay.

Bitcoin is the merchant heaven, no charge back, lower fees, no need to risk securing personal documents or information (like doing with credit cards) and most importantly you can accept Bitcoin even if every bank ban you over a political issue or for varying beliefs (wikileaks) but it is still a nightmare for the end user, no protection from fraud (butterfly labs) the wallets are still not there for mass adoption (normal users, non tech savvy) and the only way your money will hold value (even with the 21 million cap) is the continuous mass adoption and the hoarding because the economy simply works as a pyramid scheme.    

Every economy and investment works as a pyramid scheme if you want to see it that way. And like I said Bitcoin is young, we need a few more years for the infrastructure to grow and make BTC more safe and easy to get and use. This is not an investment for the impatient and people with weak nerves. Hoarding is just a silly and meaningless term to frame something in a negative light, I don't fall for that crap.
legendary

Bitcoin is very young and volatile, although promising and interesting it's of course still a very risky investment. Yes, riskier than having fiat in your saving account. But with this higher risk also comes a high reward possibility though, as those who invested early have found out. And it's still early today. Good luck getting any kind of reward from the risk of having fiat in your saving account.

The current inflation rate of Bitcoin is irrelevant knowing that the maximum amount of coins there will ever be is 21 million. It's also logical that merchant adoption rate outstrips user adoption rate for the moment, but don't underestimate the cleverness of merchants to persuade the people to buy with bitcoins if this is clearly in their own interest. I think eventually adoption rate is going to very quickly catch back up to merchant adoption rate as merchants find clever ways to convince the people Bitcoin is simply the best way to pay.

Bitcoin is the merchant heaven, no charge back, lower fees, no need to risk securing personal documents or information (like doing with credit cards) and most importantly you can accept Bitcoin even if every bank ban you over a political issue or for varying beliefs (wikileaks) but it is still a nightmare for the end user, no protection from fraud (butterfly labs) the wallets are still not there for mass adoption (normal users, non tech savvy) and the only way your money will hold value (even with the 21 million cap) is the continuous mass adoption and the hoarding because the economy simply works as a pyramid scheme.    

So you think all the merchants will be ready to take bitcoin, but no customers will have them or use them? Hmm, let me think and feel ...

I don't, you think that, and I think otherwise, for that reason the merchant adoption is higher than the user adoption this is what I think, and the only way for the user adoption to boost up under these circumstances is the price going up... and really fast, remember that many users joined only because of the bubbles, 2 years ago well not 2 years only a year ago Bitcoin (and Litecoin) had no utility rather than speculative asset (technology), and only because of the price skyrocketing the media was so focused on this subject which brought many new users, now imagine the price going down, or not going down but just being slightly stable for a long time, many new comers will lose faith and even old adopters will start loosing faith, many Bitcoin core developers are posting about their worries at this point.

looking at the votes, I did put "go fuck your self" and "the OP is but hurt" for a reason, many users (35.7%) here has voted for these two options, these implies to them being emotional investors (tards), instead of having some valid argument against mine (a respective and non trollish one) they voted that way, it tells allot about the community.  

Ok, a slight misunderstanding. Personally, I think that the bitcoin symbol on all the webshops will make some customers curious, sepecially if they are not 100 % satisfied with their current method of payment.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

So you think all the merchants will be ready to take bitcoin, but no customers will have them or use them? Hmm, let me think and feel ...

I don't, you think that, and I think otherwise, for that reason the merchant adoption is higher than the user adoption this is what I think, and the only way for the user adoption to boost up under these circumstances is the price going up... and really fast, remember that many users joined only because of the bubbles, 2 years ago well not 2 years only a year ago Bitcoin (and Litecoin) had no utility rather than speculative asset (technology), and only because of the price skyrocketing the media was so focused on this subject which brought many new users, now imagine the price going down, or not going down but just being slightly stable for a long time, many new comers will lose faith and even old adopters will start loosing faith, many Bitcoin core developers are posting about their worries at this point.

looking at the votes, I did put "go fuck your self" and "the OP is but hurt" for a reason, many users (35.7%) here has voted for these two options, these implies to them being emotional investors (tards), instead of having some valid argument against mine (a respective and non trollish one) they voted that way, it tells allot about the community.  

legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
same goes for Litecoin, in fact investing in Litecoin is 10X riskier, it is insane but I follow the Risk/Reward rule, the riskier the investment can be the bigger the reward usually is.... see most of you are not objective , you are just a bunch of blind investors.

If you invest in Litecoin now you may be disappointed short term. Litecoin inflation is high, comparable with bitcoin's in 2011.
So far, due to lack of seller pressure and a pump, bitcoin has (temporarily?) recovered, but I doubt litecoin will do the same.
In 2011 bitcoin dropped from 32$ to 2$, now litecoin may drop from 48$ to 3$ - 4$ if it will experience capitulation.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Outstanding Post OP! Keep up the good work! I couldn´t have it done any better! Very subtle but also to the point!
Only retards think that the price couldn´t go to 0 at any given minute! Bitcoin is ultra high risk, and whoever is entering it now will most likely get little to no reward!
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
the price has to start appreciating really soon, otherwise the massive number of holders will start losing patience

Sorry but I lold at this. Why do you think they decided to hodl? For short time selling? Your logic is flawed. Also, don't underestimate people, it's not like only retards are investing in btc.

Only people who do not believe in the future of bitcoin / cryptocurrencies will scare and sell, but I think that most of the btc holders don't see it that way.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
Wow. Just because you decided to sell your coins and not have to work for 2 years, you feel the need to make threads attacking bitcoin so you feel better about your decision? Lulz

did you vote "go fuck your self" ? if you didn't go ahead and do if you feel that way Smiley

I voted 'We are all aware of the above nothing new.'
legendary
talking about the risks of hodling bitcoins, and then investing in ltc.

fail.

same goes for Litecoin, in fact investing in Litecoin is 10X riskier, it is insane but I follow the Risk/Reward rule, the riskier the investment can be the bigger the reward usually is.... see most of you are not objective , you are just a bunch of blind investors.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
talking about the risks of hodling bitcoins, and then investing in ltc.

fail.
legendary
My answer to the poll: Man, you have lost it.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Wow. Just because you decided to sell your coins and not have to work for 2 years, you feel the need to make threads attacking bitcoin so you feel better about your decision? Lulz

did you vote "go fuck your self" ? if you didn't go ahead and do if you feel that way Smiley
This is how I need to start responding to trolls also.
Pages:
Jump to: