Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin, altcoin, litcoin, dogecoin - page 3. (Read 8946 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
September 10, 2014, 11:14:42 PM
For some more practical advice, don't worry about too many altcoins, unless you want to try something rather risky and invest in a new coin.  Just focus on Bitcoin, Litecoin, and one or two other coins you think are useful.

Bitcoin and Litecoin has proven its worth over the years. Dont worry about the others.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
September 10, 2014, 10:06:36 AM
Just stick to Bitcoins if you're serious about Cryptocurrency, and are in it for the long haul.

If you want to have a little fun, play the market with a few bucks, try trading those alt coins on https://www.cryptsy.com/
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
September 10, 2014, 10:03:45 AM
For some more practical advice, don't worry about too many altcoins, unless you want to try something rather risky and invest in a new coin.  Just focus on Bitcoin, Litecoin, and one or two other coins you think are useful.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
September 10, 2014, 09:41:07 AM
What's the difference between those coins? Does it have the same prices? Though I only hear about bitcoin a lot. What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

They are different currencies. They have a different supply/demand and trade volume, that's why the price is different.
It's similar to why US dollar is worth more than Congo dollar   Smiley

If you are creating a currency, at some point you have to choose how many units you will produce. 
Will there be 1000 coins? 100.000 coins? Will you keep creating coins forever?
This is the coin limit. Bitcoin has a maximum of 21 million coins. Litecoin has a maximum of 84 million. Every coin has its coin limit.

You are almost right. But every coin doesn't have coinlimit. Its the founders choice whether the coin should has coinlimit or not. But ofcourse, the reward for blocks gets diminished over time. Coins without coinlimit are PPCoin and its offspring NovaCoin. I don't know whether any new coin is introduced without coinlimit.

~~MZ~~
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
September 10, 2014, 07:48:47 AM
What's the difference between those coins? Does it have the same prices? Though I only hear about bitcoin a lot. What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

They are different currencies. They have a different supply/demand and trade volume, that's why the price is different.
It's similar to why US dollar is worth more than Congo dollar   Smiley

If you are creating a currency, at some point you have to choose how many units you will produce.  
Will there be 1000 coins? 100.000 coins? Will you keep creating coins forever?
This is the coin limit. Bitcoin has a maximum of 21 million coins. Litecoin has a maximum of 84 million. Every coin has its coin limit.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
September 10, 2014, 07:48:10 AM
Just because they chose 84 million with litecoin has nothing to do with budget, any alt coin dosen't have value or even exsist before it is mined. Once it has been mined that coin will be worth the same as any other litecoin according to market value at the time.
Now if 1 litecoin was worth the same as 1btc then litecoins marketcap would be bigger by the time all coins are mined or even long before.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 10, 2014, 04:14:43 AM
There are a lot of differences between BTC and LTC.
                                   BITCOIN                                      LITECOIN
Coin limit                      21 Million                                      84 Million
Algorithm                      SHA-256                                   Scrypt
Mean block time     10 minutes                                 2.5 minutes
Difficulty retarget     2016 block                                 2016 blocks
Block reward details     Halved every 210,000 blocks.         Halved every 840,000 blocks
Initial reward             50 BTC                                         50 LTC
Current block reward  25 BTC                                         50 LTC

Why is it that lite has bigger limit compared to bitcoin?

It is their choice, how much they want to produce. Satoshi chose 21 million. I think it is enough. Circulating existing coins are much better than making new ones and if I am right, after 21 millions are used, the price will eventually rise.

~~MZ~~

So that means Litecoin producers chose to have 84 million as their limit? That means, they have bigger budget compared to btc?
Yes Litecoin producers chose to have 84 million as their limit. What do you want to mean by bigger budget?
Activity: 112
☯YIN YANG KING☯
September 10, 2014, 02:40:26 AM
Coin limit                      21 Million                                      84 Million
Block reward details     Halved every 210,000 blocks.         Halved every 840,000 blocks
Initial reward             50 BTC                                         50 LTC

It is their choice, how much they want to produce. Satoshi chose 21 million. I think it is enough. Circulating existing coins are much better than making new ones and if I am right, after 21 millions are used, the price will eventually rise.

~~MZ~~

So that means Litecoin producers chose to have 84 million as their limit? That means, they have bigger budget compared to btc?
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
September 08, 2014, 11:19:25 AM

~~MZ~~
Activity: 81
September 08, 2014, 09:44:10 AM
altcoin sucks. that is the truth. If you want to venture in this hobby, choose bitcoin alone. Backed up with everything.
Activity: 93
Imagine Me and You
September 07, 2014, 11:17:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
September 05, 2014, 03:55:53 PM
About all this, what is the best coin next to bitcoin?? Heard a lot of good reviews about doge and stellar.. Will they overtake bitcoin's success?

From the perceptive of market cap and merchant acceptance, I think next best coin is litecoin.

Possible but very unlikely IMO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
September 05, 2014, 08:31:33 AM
About all this, what is the best coin next to bitcoin?? Heard a lot of good reviews about doge and stellar.. Will they overtake bitcoin's success?

Stellar is only a viral currency copied from Ripple, it won't replace bitcoin for sure.
Same for doge, it has a strong and nice community but the coin isn't innovative in itself.
September 05, 2014, 07:15:43 AM
Activity: 109
September 05, 2014, 01:02:15 AM

You can check it in the wikipedia. I thinks it lite or doge.
Activity: 67
September 05, 2014, 12:36:18 AM
Activity: 87
September 05, 2014, 12:33:11 AM
I think all coins are called cryptocoins. altcoin are those coins that came after bitcoin was made.

that is right. Smiley
Activity: 35
September 05, 2014, 12:31:10 AM
I think all coins are called cryptocoins. altcoin are those coins that came after bitcoin was made.
September 04, 2014, 03:01:55 PM

litecoin and dogecoin is an altcoin altcoin is pretty much anything but bitcoin because bitcoin is the first.

So all of these altcoins then are called, cryptocoin right? Or am i wrong?
[/quote

all coins are cryptocoins
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
September 04, 2014, 09:19:42 AM
What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

This is a good question indeed.

What have litecoin brought us? It was created for GPU-resistent and now we have scrypt ASIC already.
What have dogecoin brought us? It just tells us how important the coin community is towards the coin popularity.

What about the other hundreds of altcoin?

How long are you studying this things? How long am I going to need to understand all this?

I joined in the bitcoin world last November, and so it is like 10 months.

Unless you are planning to invest in an altcoin, there is absolutely no need for you to know what those altcoins are lol.

Actually, its good to know those altcoin, it does have a slight impact on bitcoin..
Pages:
Jump to: