Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin, altcoin, litcoin, dogecoin - page 5. (Read 8946 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
September 03, 2014, 08:43:54 AM
What's the difference between those coins? Does it have the same prices? Though I only hear about bitcoin a lot. What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

Bitcoin = the coin created by satoshi in Jan 2009
Altcoin = alternate coin = all other coins

Litecoin = the first altcoin created in 2011
Dogecoin = another altcoin created in 2013

Litecoin is far from being the first altcoin

Sorry, but I couldn't get your point. Can you explain? Smiley

~~MZ~~
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 03, 2014, 08:27:37 AM
What's the difference between those coins? Does it have the same prices? Though I only hear about bitcoin a lot. What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

Litecoin is far from being the first altcoin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 03, 2014, 08:06:45 AM
Bitcoin is the one that was created first and is the original as many would say. None of the prices are the same and the others are ones that people thought they could create and make copies of bitcoin with just calling them different names, mainly people who feel they can make a quick buck out of creating something similar.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2014, 04:57:46 AM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 03, 2014, 04:56:54 AM
They are copies of bitcoin that some greedy persons made
They really often introduce no important features and sometimes contain viruses but try to fool noobs into thinking they are much more robust/safe/fast/beautiful/practical/whatever than Bitcoin

You can trade them in several places (keep in mind that pump&dumps are the way to go there)
Neg
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 03, 2014, 04:37:49 AM
http://coinmarketcap.com/

No, they don't have the same prices. They have very different values. Please see the above site. Most of the other alts are just crapcoins and you shouldnt bother with them.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 03, 2014, 04:27:48 AM
Pages:
Jump to: