Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin and money laundering - page 5. (Read 9494 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 03, 2014, 04:53:11 AM
I'd like to numbers and citations to support the claim that illegal transactions compose a large percentage of Bitcoin transactions.

Criminality is going there.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
July 03, 2014, 03:45:59 AM
Bitcoin is only pseudoanonymous (though if you hide your IP and use new addresses every time it is pretty much anonymous).

That being said, I can't wait to see what extra anonymity features that Zerocash will be bringing to the table when it is released!
You can use blockchain's shared coin to get the same effect as zerocash but with shorter TX confirmation times as zerocash has all TXs in a shared coin format and when one party "backs out" of a TX then the TX will fail and all the parties will need to try again by all signing a new TX

If your trying to launder coins i would suggest for you not to use sharedcoin as it has been proven not to be so anonymous

Link:
http://www.coindesk.com/blockchains-sharedcoin-users-can-identified-says-security-expert/
Shared coin when used in conjunction with other mixers can mask your identity.   

XMR coin is currently partnering with I2P developers to see if they can bring anon coin into the market.

Darkcoin already have two failed implementation. The current framework the coin operates on may not even be possible to implement a truly anonymous coin.

I don't think that these types of extreme privacy features have that much of a demand from crypto users.

Black market transaction still make up a large portion of bitcoin daily transaction.

What are "black market" transactions?

How do you define the term?

Stuff you don't like?

People trying to avoid brutal and punitive taxation?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Black market: Trades deemed illegal by people who trample on other's rights.

One of the best definitions I have read lately!

+100

Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 02, 2014, 11:43:34 PM
I'd like to numbers and citations to support the claim that illegal transactions compose a large percentage of Bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 406
July 02, 2014, 11:23:19 PM
Bitcoin is only pseudoanonymous (though if you hide your IP and use new addresses every time it is pretty much anonymous).

That being said, I can't wait to see what extra anonymity features that Zerocash will be bringing to the table when it is released!
You can use blockchain's shared coin to get the same effect as zerocash but with shorter TX confirmation times as zerocash has all TXs in a shared coin format and when one party "backs out" of a TX then the TX will fail and all the parties will need to try again by all signing a new TX

If your trying to launder coins i would suggest for you not to use sharedcoin as it has been proven not to be so anonymous

Link:
http://www.coindesk.com/blockchains-sharedcoin-users-can-identified-says-security-expert/

XMR coin is currently partnering with I2P developers to see if they can bring anon coin into the market.

Darkcoin already have two failed implementation. The current framework the coin operates on may not even be possible to implement a truly anonymous coin.

I don't think that these types of extreme privacy features have that much of a demand from crypto users.

Black market transaction still make up a large portion of bitcoin daily transaction.

That may or may not be true, however it is already very difficult to tell when someone is actually spending money or when they are transferring bitcoin to themselves. It is also relativity difficult to determine which address is the change address and which address belongs to the person you are sending to. 
July 02, 2014, 12:48:01 PM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

One of the best definitions I have read lately!

+100
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
July 02, 2014, 10:22:35 AM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

July 02, 2014, 09:44:26 AM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
July 02, 2014, 03:43:39 AM

All I keep hearing though is people talking about how these mixing services are not truly anonymous at all and are actually easily trackable.

The biggest recent one was the reveal of how badly designed blockchain.info's implementation was. It was revealed that you could just eye ball the transactions are figure it out very quickly.

Yes. It is surprising easy to track all the big whale and your counter party transaction.

It is dangerous if this info leaked into the wrong hand.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
July 02, 2014, 02:03:30 AM

Link:

Activity: 490
Merit: 280
July 01, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

Link:

there is no real need for a "truly anonymous coin" as it could likely do nothing that bitcoin could achieve with the use of a mixing service

All I keep hearing though is people talking about how these mixing services are not truly anonymous at all and are actually easily trackable.

The biggest recent one was the reveal of how badly designed blockchain.info's implementation was. It was revealed that you could just eye ball the transactions are figure it out very quickly.
July 01, 2014, 12:07:08 AM

Link:

June 30, 2014, 09:55:16 PM
I also now have a headache.

Thanks, Nerazzura

I can dig it!

The OP made my eye cross and now it's stuck!
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
June 30, 2014, 07:42:06 PM

Link:

there is no real need for a "truly anonymous coin" as it could likely do nothing that bitcoin could achieve with the use of a mixing service
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2014, 03:56:35 AM

Link:

Activity: 350
Decentralized thinking
June 30, 2014, 03:42:21 AM

Link:

Well if you use sharedcoin+other services doesn't it just mean you are incurring an extra cost because your paying for a service(sharedcoin) that doesn't deliver what you want.

So IMO using sharedcoin in the first place is just a waste of your coins
June 29, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

Link:
June 29, 2014, 10:16:04 AM
"encryption tools could effectively turn off law enforcement’s ability to surveil criminal and terrorist suspects online."

When a government begins to spy on everyone all the time, dark wallet is an example of what is going to then transpire. Hey, NSA?

Dark wallet, tor, I2P are not effective tool to stop agency such as NSA.

The statement "encryption tools could effectively turn off law enforcement’s ability to surveil criminal and terrorist suspects online." is true. The NSA is very unlikely to be able to break strong encryption. I can't speak for any of the specific tools you mentioned, beacuse who knows what the NSA has their hands on at this point. But a new tool that uses strong encryption open sourced and created from scratch should be safe from prying eyes.
Activity: 350
Merit: 104
June 29, 2014, 09:39:30 AM
"encryption tools could effectively turn off law enforcement’s ability to surveil criminal and terrorist suspects online."

When a government begins to spy on everyone all the time, dark wallet is an example of what is going to then transpire. Hey, NSA?

Dark wallet, tor, I2P are not effective tool to stop agency such as NSA.
June 29, 2014, 05:10:29 AM

ShakyhandsBTCer

Not too hard to exchange your BTC for my cash...  PM me if interested.  NOT huge quantities.  Not a cop nor a crook.

It's really hard for me to find BTC for cash, hardly anyone I know has any at all.  And I want to be off the grid buying BTC.

Have you tired localbitcoins.com?

It's pretty good. Last stat people were throwing around was that it's in over 8000 locations now. Shouldn't be too hard for you to find some BTC.
Activity: 462
June 28, 2014, 04:46:51 PM

Pages:
Jump to: