Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and Stock market - page 8. (Read 1045 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
April 30, 2018, 06:22:38 PM
The traditional stock market is huge, compared to cryptocurrencies. In terms of capitalization the bitcoin market cap is just a fraction of the total market.
Though bitcoin gave large profits last year, investing in the stock market is less risky.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
April 30, 2018, 05:58:42 PM
Absolutely Not.
Bitcoin and altcoins are currencies that would have value if people use them for exchange payment of real things. Stocks are real things mostly that will always have values. this is a simple theory that proves stocks will never be outdone by any currencies.
if crypto-currencies outdo stocks markets, it means crypto-currencies would have become overvalues that can endanger crypto-currencies themselves.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
April 30, 2018, 05:14:55 PM
Could bitcoin outdo investing/trading in stocks??

Even though I don't like to compare between traditional stock market and crypto market, but to answer your question, my response is NO! Crypto market can't outdo traditional stock market in terms of market capitalisation.

The main reason is the legality. Traditional stock markets are strictly centralized and while listing a company, the stock exchange conducts a very stringent due diligence to make sure investors are getting their value for money. Which certainly increases the credibility of the exchange among investors. Also legality plays a big role in getting investor's money flown into that traditional exchanges.

On the other hand, crypto market is barely recognized by the governments. We still don't have proper framework to invest in crypto market in majority of the countries. There are lot of gaps in the process and procedures. That is the reason why we don't see institiutional money inflow in crypto exchanges. Unless the crypto exchanges are recognized by governments and a proper framework in place, things won't change.

So I personally don't think crypto exchange will not be able to beat traditional exchanges in another 25 years at least.
Activity: 175
Merit: 0
April 30, 2018, 04:58:56 PM
They both are good. For me I use Bitcoin and one more things some skills needed for that
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
April 30, 2018, 04:53:31 PM
I dont really understand what you mean by outdo.  
Merriam-webster says "defeat/overcome".

We must stop comparing bitcoin with the regular stock trading. It has been there for years and it has gained more investors and still kicking until today. Most of the stock traders are very familiar now with bitcoin and they are also getting in for the same markets so the same people are trading for both markets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
April 30, 2018, 04:32:08 PM
For now bitcoin will overtake stock since it is more profitable to invest in bitcoin more than traditional stock market. Stock is highly regulated but the government regulation do not stop people from loosing.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
April 30, 2018, 04:23:27 PM

We are talking about 2 different things here.
You can't compare regular market and bitcoin market.
First market follow rules and regulation by the government.
Who regulate bitcoin?
Any legal entity behind it?
Yes, we also invest in bitcoin but there is no legal protection here.
Activity: 233
Merit: 106
The Operating System for DAOs
April 30, 2018, 04:20:21 PM
If you are talking about gains then of course Bitcoin can outdo traditional markets. But if you are discussing outdo in terms of reaching a higher market capitalization well then I am not 100% sure anymore. It could happen but a lot of things would have to go right in the next 5 years in order for it to do so.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 30, 2018, 03:44:14 PM

I dont really understand what you mean by outdo.  Theres nothing to outdo, theyr both different types of investments and as long as there is money to be made investors will flock to them and try to make their money.  I think both the crypto market and the stock market will exist side by side and people will continue to trade in both.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
April 30, 2018, 03:30:13 PM

So far cryptocurrency has shown us that it is way faster than stock market. Since everything moves fast (mostly because of speculation in the space) I do believe it is outdoing the stock market right now. We are even seeing increased number of ICOs that offer some kind of shares which tells us that some part of stock market is coming to crypto in different shape as they have now token/coin with shares. Fundamental stays the same but platform and way we interact with it changes over time. If you look at how high gain crypto had last year compared to stock market you could get a lot higher rates by trading crypto, depends on what type of person you are really.

Both are some sort of speculation and somewhere in the air where I find crypto to be more riskier.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”
April 30, 2018, 03:01:37 PM

there is no need to try to outdo it, bitcoin will thanks to the regulations count as one of the stocks trading assets pretty soon. Then we should see a huge price boost of crypto
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
April 30, 2018, 02:51:03 PM
Pages:
Jump to: