Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 19. (Read 22728 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
May 25, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
This is my current take:
30% crypto
50% metals
20% fiat
10% other (bonds, whatever)

Diversifying without going nuts is still king. And don't understimate fiat as if it's going to dissapear anytime soon like some people do around here.

I agree with the diversification part.  However, I would not put so much into metals or at least not raw and mined metals.  That sort of allocation into businesses that fabricate such things is wiser.  Chemicals is where it's at for the longer term.  If you're talking shorter term then maybe but I see gold tanking imho.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 25, 2015, 04:15:48 PM
I think this does not seem wise investment since the current trend does not show increase in prices.

Overall trend is a downward hill, since its correcting itself from the past events.

But, then again there can be an event something positive which shows elsewhere. Esp, if it gets to reddits top page, making people react.
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 25, 2015, 12:55:09 PM
I think this does not seem wise investment since the current trend does not show increase in prices.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
May 25, 2015, 12:38:37 PM
I would understand it would be a viable option if prices were always stable, but since the huge swings it would be a huge gamble for anyone.

I`d opt in, if it was mixed combinations though, like 10-15% into bitcoin and the remaining in other options as a retirement account.

But surely it's those huge swings that could possibly make it a very good investment? Of course its risky but you never get anywhere in business without taking those risks. Personally I'm choosing to earn and put a little into bitcoin as a savings account for the future but only an amount I'm comfortable with, but I do see the potential in bitcoin and what it can achieve in the long run so I'm fairly confident it will considerably rise in value within the next few years.

Yeah, but I rather be more comfortable if I even made 1% in bitcoin.

Its more of security, then profit in my view. I mean I`m just putting in a hypothetical scenario where you retired in your 50`s, and you have to go to work again sounds really shitty all cause the investment itself gone bad.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 25, 2015, 11:14:35 AM
I dont know if this guy "Chamath Palihapitiya " invested most of his funds and accepts bitcoin.

It kinda tells you something, so I pretty probably follow the same advice considering bitcoin being gold 2.0 like he seems to mention.

So for me, I`d play copy cat and invest my retirement account to bitcoin.

I would be careful with that, atleast diversify into other cryptos.

Dont put all eggs in 1 basket. Try out Litecoin ,Dash, NXT and others, they can be promising too. Just keep the risk small, because the returns will be huge.

there isn't much difference between investing in altcoin or in a random ponzi(they are good if you go out early and enter the first day of a new one), they are basically the same risky way to double or triple your income

actually i find trading alt more risky, because it is very confusing with all the alt that there in in place, if one isn't good enough in trading them he could lose himself pretty quickly
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
May 21, 2015, 04:30:41 PM
 Not the best idea.first people dont know about bitcoin,second bitcoin is to much speculative,and there is easy to lost private key.And tell me who will manage that,people themself,nothing will left for his oldage,thay will dump for fiat immediatly
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
May 21, 2015, 02:36:42 PM
I dont know if this guy "Chamath Palihapitiya " invested most of his funds and accepts bitcoin.

It kinda tells you something, so I pretty probably follow the same advice considering bitcoin being gold 2.0 like he seems to mention.

Dont put all eggs in 1 basket. Try out Litecoin ,Dash, NXT and others, they can be promising too. Just keep the risk small, because the returns will be huge.

Its true that what you said about that bold part. But for other cryptos like you mentioned before is kind of late if you just start to make the investment  now because the price is already higher and may be you will get a little profit or may be wont get anything by investing in it

An investment is an investment, dont expect to make 1 million $ from it.

But a few 10-50% return is still better what many average stock market investors could get.

So definitely some opportunity here if you are well capitalized  Smiley
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
May 21, 2015, 11:50:54 AM
I would understand it would be a viable option if prices were always stable, but since the huge swings it would be a huge gamble for anyone.

I`d opt in, if it was mixed combinations though, like 10-15% into bitcoin and the remaining in other options as a retirement account.

But surely it's those huge swings that could possibly make it a very good investment? Of course its risky but you never get anywhere in business without taking those risks. Personally I'm choosing to earn and put a little into bitcoin as a savings account for the future but only an amount I'm comfortable with, but I do see the potential in bitcoin and what it can achieve in the long run so I'm fairly confident it will considerably rise in value within the next few years.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 21, 2015, 11:27:23 AM

Its true that what you said about that bold part. But for other cryptos like you mentioned before is kind of late if you just start to make the investment  now because the price is already higher and may be you will get a little profit or may be wont get anything by investing in it
May 20, 2015, 11:20:04 PM

May 20, 2015, 11:02:44 PM

May 20, 2015, 04:27:51 PM

Prices will be more stable once the economy gets bigger.

Why are there those swings? From fear.

If the economy gets bigger, then people would fear less, and they would not sell their BTC at every single fearmongering.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
May 20, 2015, 04:24:12 PM

May 20, 2015, 03:53:39 PM
I don't think its an good idea to have an bitcoin as a retirement account as the future of bitcoin is still blank. We don't know whether it will replace fiat or not but i would prefer to invest in some pension plans which would pay me assured amount of money monthly rather then going for bitcoin retirement account.

Nope, I guess you are wrong. For now of course it is still blank because we can't predict the future but why dont you start investing now to craft that future? Altough bitcoin can't replace the fiat we still can earning through it. For now 1 bitcoin is $200++ and may be in the future the value will increase again and it will be go higher too. If you going to invest now may be it is not too late but you dont want to invest its your choice

Yes this is the best time to invest in bitcoins as the prices are low so if you are thinking of earning good profits in future then you should invest in bitcoin at present. And if you are worried about the future of bitcoin then i guess its value will reach to a high level in coming future.

Well indeed, I`ll buy 2-3 Bitcoins in a couple of days, the price seems fairly stable, and it stabilized around the 200€ mark, i dont think it will go lower.

I guess it will be stable for just in a few days more and hope after this it will going high not dropping. And buying 2-3  bitcoin directly is not a best option because you didnt even know what is gonna be later and better wait for a little bit low then you buy or earning first

Thanks for your worry but i`m a bit hesitant, i already own a few bitcoins, and i`m not sure if it would want to put more egg in this basket.

I`m also looking for DASH and Shadowcash, they look promising

If you are going to do some altcoin trading, better stop your buying, I dont think you will get profit if you buying that much bitcoin, but for altcoin trading you will get more compare to your buying but there is a risk for dash or shadowcash is going down too. Think carefully before making your choice  Grin

Risk management? Allocate like 0.5% of the portfolio in it then you down care about failing it.

Also allocate the % based on their risk %, in more risky currencies alocate less % and in stable ones alocate more.
legendary
May 18, 2015, 10:36:23 AM
I don't think its an good idea to have an bitcoin as a retirement account as the future of bitcoin is still blank. We don't know whether it will replace fiat or not but i would prefer to invest in some pension plans which would pay me assured amount of money monthly rather then going for bitcoin retirement account.

Nope, I guess you are wrong. For now of course it is still blank because we can't predict the future but why dont you start investing now to craft that future? Altough bitcoin can't replace the fiat we still can earning through it. For now 1 bitcoin is $200++ and may be in the future the value will increase again and it will be go higher too. If you going to invest now may be it is not too late but you dont want to invest its your choice

Yes this is the best time to invest in bitcoins as the prices are low so if you are thinking of earning good profits in future then you should invest in bitcoin at present. And if you are worried about the future of bitcoin then i guess its value will reach to a high level in coming future.

Well indeed, I`ll buy 2-3 Bitcoins in a couple of days, the price seems fairly stable, and it stabilized around the 200€ mark, i dont think it will go lower.

I guess it will be stable for just in a few days more and hope after this it will going high not dropping. And buying 2-3  bitcoin directly is not a best option because you didnt even know what is gonna be later and better wait for a little bit low then you buy or earning first

Thanks for your worry but i`m a bit hesitant, i already own a few bitcoins, and i`m not sure if it would want to put more egg in this basket.

If you are going to do some altcoin trading, better stop your buying, I dont think you will get profit if you buying that much bitcoin, but for altcoin trading you will get more compare to your buying but there is a risk for dash or shadowcash is going down too. Think carefully before making your choice  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
May 17, 2015, 09:53:41 PM

Holy mother of Christ, your post made absolutely no sense.  Read it, and read it again there, Mr. umaOuma.  I don't mean any offense, but I see this bottom-feeding, t-shirt dribbling nonsense all over bitcointalk and it makes me wonder what the major demographic is here.  16-28 year old tard-blaster from a country where the roads aren't paved and executions are carried out in the town square, I believe.  Am I warm?

it's because of the signature campaign, there are many no sense post lately all over the place, everyone is carrying one now, i think it's getting out of control, that post is pure spam worse than being off-topic
The Pharmacist's take on the post was pretty funny but the post did have value in that these sig campaigns want repetition of their brand by positive, informative posts. So, some of these posts are a little on the bland side and not worthy of being placed in a PhD thesis paper on computer science but it was conveying an opinion on the concept of whether to buy or not. This more this market and consequentially this forum, you're going to get a lot less super nerds w/ extensive knowledge on the intricacies of tech and more normal commentary and opinion. We'll just have to live w/ that as the new norm. I'll take plenty of this if had the luxury of being rid of that demented troll that busts out new sox a dozen times a day and posts disgraceful pics and such.
May 17, 2015, 04:56:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 16, 2015, 08:43:38 AM

Holy mother of Christ, your post made absolutely no sense.  Read it, and read it again there, Mr. umaOuma.  I don't mean any offense, but I see this bottom-feeding, t-shirt dribbling nonsense all over bitcointalk and it makes me wonder what the major demographic is here.  16-28 year old tard-blaster from a country where the roads aren't paved and executions are carried out in the town square, I believe.  Am I warm?

it's because of the signature campaign, there are many no sense post lately all over the place, everyone is carrying one now, i think it's getting out of control, that post is pure spam worse than being off-topic
legendary
May 16, 2015, 08:05:49 AM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
May 16, 2015, 02:41:49 AM
Too risky. The company establishing the accts could just take your coins. Plus, what if you lost your job and ended up penniless except for the BTC, you'd be the richest homeless person in the world. Wouldn't that suck? Keep ritee t funds in BTC if you want, and have the discipline to not touch it till retirement!

This.  It is just way too risk to base your whole long-term future on.  Yes?
Pages:
Jump to: